SaltCritters.com

Zoanthid hammer/frogspawn thingy

NoChikenStrips

NoChikenStrips

Ok i have no idea where to post this. Apparently these Zoas of mine have started sprouting hammer type tentacles. I kid you not!

11-08-20-001-2.jpg

11-08-20-001.jpg

I've never seen this before so i thought i'd be cool to share.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoChikenStrips

Sorry guys ....as in sorry guys/gals/other. I can only sell locally. Again, many apologies. Thank you very much though for taking interest.

Does anyone have any info on these? Just curious, that's all.

thats awesome! haha, what camera did you use anyways? and did you photoshop?

Thank you very much. Canon S3IS on super macro mode. No photoshop, but "light room" for better contrast.

NoChikenStrips
Just a mutation......

Prolly a response to lighting.

Makes sense. My friend recently started up his first marine tank so i gave him 3 frags as "freebies". These zoas have been in 3 different tanks with different lighting and water conditions. These also have been fragged many many times but only until now and only in his tank that i have seen these odd tentacles.

are all the tentacles like that?

Yes, all off the tentacles are like this on "this specific frag/colony". However the others are not. For example the ones in my 40b are not, another frag on the other side of the tank has it but only a few.

One of the reasons these are not for sale is mainly because i am unsure they will remain like this once they arrive to your homes. The other reason is that i've had many bad experiences dealing non locally.

One of the reasons these are not for sale is mainly because i am unsure they will remain like this once they arrive to your homes. The other reason is that i've had many bad experiences dealing non locally.

Thats a bummer cause im a high quality individual!! And I WANT those

Believe it or not Nano! fingerscrossed

Sorry guys ....as in sorry guys/gals/other. I can only sell locally. Again, many apologies.

NE and IN thats close to local... ;)

Does anyone have any info on these? Just curious, that's all.

You know, Its really hard to tell from the quality of those pix. If you send me a frag, I can get a real close look and possibly come up with some info.

NoChikenStrips
You know, Its really hard to tell from the quality of those pix. If you send me a frag, I can get a real close look and possibly come up with some info.

LOL, good one

i honestly don't care about the zoas,what i do care about is how beautiful the picture is.

dude, that's like amazing quality.

almost looks like a cartoon

Builder Anthony

Ok teaseings not nice everyone wants those. :)

Can you just breed some out and start a list i can trade some things for two polyps.You should also contact a admin and send them a picture so they can list it here.Ive never heard of anything like this.

Archived