12-3-11 FTS:

6449882689_f27cdcb488_z.jpg

Biocube 29 by voodoodan_net, on Flickr

10-1-11 FTS:

6202360544_f0dba95280_z.jpg

BioCube 29 FTS by voodoodan_net, on Flickr

FTS 9-6-11:

fts-090611.jpg

The start of my BioCube 29. It will be a transfer of my 14(see sig for details) plus new hardware and livestock. I will start the transfer this weekend. Hopfuly it goes good.

biocube29.jpg

Stuff that will be transfered from my BioCube 14:

The list of hardware goodies:

1. 30lb sand

2. About 30lb of cured live rock

3. stock return pump for now

4. Tunze 9002 protein skimmer

5. 100wt heater

6. BC29 media basket with chemi pure elite and purigen

7. Removed PC lights for LED's. 50/50, 8k, 453nm blue panorama's, 1x RGB panorma Pro installed in stock hood.

8. About 5lb of live rock rubble

9. MP10

10. JBJ Chiller (bought used)

Live stock list:

1. 1x True Perk Clown

2. 1x Black tank raised clown

3. 1x Royal Gramma

3. 2x red leg hermit crabs

4. 1x cleaner shrimp

5. 4x blue leg hermits

6. 4x Astraea snails

7. Bi-color blenny

Coral's:

1. 1x pagoda cup (cream/white color)

2. 1x green & 1x red Mushroom

3. 1x star polyp rock

4. 2x other frag polyps

5. Red Galaxy frags

6. Purple hornet frag

7. True Red PE frag

8. Ultra neon green candy kane

9. Frogspawn

10. Peaches and Cream zoa frag

11. BiColor Hammer Frag(2 heads)

12. ORA Neon Green Birds nest

13. 4x Ric's in various colors

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck! I've had my 29 for 2 years now and it's great, come a long way since the beginning...

Thanks! Your tank is looking very good.

Keep us posted. Your 14 gal looks awesome.

The 14 was a lot of fun but I am ready to try something bigger with a few more fish/coral.

Your 14 is unreal. Looking forward to seeing how this 29 turns out. What are you doing with your 14? I'm in the same boat. Have a BC14 and just started a BC29. Trying to decide if I'm keeping both or concentrate on the 29.

Got done with the transfer a couple hours ago. First FTS(still a bit cloudy)

FTS-090311.jpg

How do you like the way the three panorama's look on the bigger tank? still bright enough? any pics of the retrofit?

Your 14 is unreal. Looking forward to seeing how this 29 turns out. What are you doing with your 14? I'm in the same boat. Have a BC14 and just started a BC29. Trying to decide if I'm keeping both or concentrate on the 29.

I am going to sell the 14. If I have a hard time I will keep it and set it up another time.

Oooooh, RGB module.

Someone's playing it fancy B)

oh yeah. It's a lot of fun too. I will post a video sometime

How do you like the way the three panorama's look on the bigger tank? still bright enough? any pics of the retrofit?

They look awesome. I was able to fit the 3 plus the RGB one too. I only use the RGB one when I am looking at the tank and trying different colors.

Looking good! Defintiely tagging along.

Thanks!

FTS as of today with the water all clear now

fts-090611.jpg

SouthFlorida_Tron

1) its like,.... huge!!! lol 14s are so tiny... i know, trusst me...

2) just added new sand, threw in old water and rest of rock and corals and good to go? what process exactly...cuz im already tight on room, considering swapping for a 20 long or something and HOB filter/skim

Your tank looks great. Makes me want a 29er. Ive been looking at the ecoxotic modules and was wondering if 1 module would work in a 14 gallon biocube or is 2 a must? Also are they really as simple as just plugging them in or do you have to buy seperate chords and such?

1) its like,.... huge!!! lol 14s are so tiny... i know, trusst me...

2) just added new sand, threw in old water and rest of rock and corals and good to go? what process exactly...cuz im already tight on room, considering swapping for a 20 long or something and HOB filter/skim

The size of the new tank is awesome. I wish I would have got the 29 in the first place.

I took all the water, rock, sand and moved it over. I have tested the water every day since the move and had no spikes at all with my API test kit.

Your tank looks great. Makes me want a 29er. Ive been looking at the ecoxotic modules and was wondering if 1 module would work in a 14 gallon biocube or is 2 a must? Also are they really as simple as just plugging them in or do you have to buy seperate chords and such?

Get 2 Panorama Pro's with the 3 way splitter. The ones I have you need a power supply of each light.

Get 2 Panorama Pro's with the 3 way splitter. The ones I have you need a power supply of each light.

Why a 3 way instead of a 2 way. Where did you get a power supply. I hope i can swing the money and can tell the difference in my tank. 200+ dollars is alot if there isnt a huge noticable difference you know? Thanks.

Why a 3 way instead of a 2 way. Where did you get a power supply. I hope i can swing the money and can tell the difference in my tank. 200+ dollars is alot if there isnt a huge noticable difference you know? Thanks.

I think they only make a 3 way. You can get everything at http://www.marinedepot.com

I think you will be very happy. The hardest part is going to decide what color lights you want.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

like the tank man its looking nice, if it turns out like the 14g it will be beautiful. any reason why you tore it down or just wanted to upgrade?

like the tank man its looking nice, if it turns out like the 14g it will be beautiful. any reason why you tore it down or just wanted to upgrade?

I wanted a bigger tank so I got the 29. Wish I started with this one instead of the 14.

I wanted a bigger tank so I got the 29. Wish I started with this one instead of the 14.

lol dont worry i did the same thing, i started with a 12 nano

very pretty but not a torch :)

Yeah I figured that out a couple days ago. It was sold to me as a torch and should been marked as frogspawn

Archived