Cultivated Reef

Tristan's Reefer Nano

TristanC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! The only other person that sees it is my girlfriend and she always says its pretty, but only to shut me up about it ha ha, so thanks.

UPDATE

Well i ordered a Reefcleaners quick crew couple days ago and it shipped today so ill have pictures of that when i get it. Also i picked up a new ricordia, and got rid of my xenia which was becoming a nuisance. Here are a few pics.

Newest FTS 9/7/11

IMG_0212.jpg

Yellow polyps looking prettyIMG_0208.jpg

Ricordia, i now have three :) planning on adding quite a few more

IMG_1057.jpg

Acans again

IMG_1056.jpg

I am so terrible with zoa id's. I honestly don't know any names of the ones i have ha ha, but thank you ill take the compliment none the less!

The Reef Octopus bh1000 is finally all settled in. Its been around two weeks since i set it up and the micro bubbles are no longer an issue. I love this skimmer, the skimmate it produces is phenomenal. Just a quick pic of what its taking out of my tank..

IMG_1079.jpg

Finally ordered an ro/di setup from brs today along with Red Sea coral pro salt and a tds meter. Since i started the tank i have been using my lfs for salt water and top off water. Algae has been present but at a minimum so i hope this new addition will eradicate it completely :)

Well after having my mp10 for two weeks, the controller went out today.. No idea why, power brick flashes green when plugged into controller, but not when its unplugged.. It has no error codes or anything, it just won't turn on. Since its saturday i have to wait until monday to call them... Im kinda ticked off, not at echotech, just at the situation...

Sucks to hear about your MP10 dude. I've been thinking about getting one to replace my K1. Aside from this issue are you happy with it? It's kind of pricey. Also, I love the acans and the ricordeas! I wish I could get stuff like that around here.

I absolutely love the mp10, i would never buy any other powerhead. So yes i recommend it. This is just a small setback from what i understand a rare one lol. And thank you!

Well after speaking with echotech they are going to send me a brand new mp10 at no charge with a return label so i can send the broken one back at no charge. As i figured the staff was very nice and very helpful.

Well i got my ro/di setup from BRS yesterday. So today i mixed up some water and I'm letting it chill for tonight with a powerhead swirling it around. Will do a water change tomorrow. Mp10 should be getting here in a few days....I miss it so much.... I don't know how i went so long without one...

• 2 weeks later...

Well i ordered an RBTA from my lfs about 3 days ago and i got to pick it up today! Its acclimating so i will post pictures as soon as he's in the tank.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Tristan's Reefer Nano

Archived