Top Shelf Aquatics

30 gallon AIO cube

10gnano

Yay upgrade! Are you planning on tearing down the 10 or doing both?

Have any stocking plans?

I plan on moving everything from the 10 gal to the new cube, I wish I could keep both but i don't have enough room. As for stocking I plan on having it be SPS dominated like the 10 gal, but for fish i'm still a little undecided. Probably some type of dwarf anglefish, small school of chromis or another schooling fish, and a wrasse of some kind. Haven't done to much research on what would be compatible with one another.

I plan on moving everything from the 10 gal to the new cube, I wish I could keep both but i don't have enough room. As for stocking I plan on having it be SPS dominated like the 10 gal, but for fish i'm still a little undecided. Probably some type of dwarf anglefish, small school of chromis or another schooling fish, and a wrasse of some kind. Haven't done to much research on what would be compatible with one another.

I love the stand on the cube! What is that made out of? Any plans to repaint the cube/stand or are you keeping it brown?

I love the stand on the cube! What is that made out of? Any plans to repaint the cube/stand or are you keeping it brown?

Yeah that stand is pretty badass, and it looks like it fits the tank perfectly.

It fits perfectly giving the setup a clean look, I was pretty excited with the find. The stand itself is some kind of wood with a glass door. I believe it is one of the older oceanic 30 cube setups. I plan on painting the stand and tank black, and will most likely paint the back of the glass door to block the light from the fuge.

Just got off the phone with Salty Supply and I now have an AI Sol blue heading my way.

Now I need to figure out how i'm going to plumb this thing. Any suggestions? I currently have a Bean Animal overflow on my 10 gallon and am very pleased with it so i'm thinking of going the same route.

• 1 month later...

I finished up the false wall and glued it in the other day. Here is the final result, Pic's are kind of bs. Tested it yesterday and had a couple leeks in the corners and under a baffle (completely forgot to glue it). I will give it another test run in a few day's once everything cures. Hopefully no more test runs after this, I want to get some water in this thing.

imag0284y.jpg

imag0285i.jpg

imag0286jo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Pics of the finished goods. Need some sand and water and it's smooth sailin. Pics are bogus but you get the idea.

imag0292w.jpg

imag0293k.jpg

imag0294h.jpg

imag0295g.jpg

imag0296v.jpg

imag0297s.jpg

imag0298k.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Love what you did with the overflow, pretty nifty!

Thanks...Have to thank one of my fellow Seattle reefers for a little help on the design. I currently have a coast-to-coast on my 10 gallon and love the agitation it produces, this was the best way to incorporate the coast-to-coast into an AIO setup. Water tests are looking good, plenty of surface agitation. Just need to do the transfer, should be this weekend!

She's wet... Some pic's of right after the transfer...

imag0321g.jpg

imag0322s.jpg

imag0323.jpg

imag0320u.jpg

The next day.... I have worked on the scape a little, the left side i'm pretty happy with the right is still in the works. I've been using JB Water Weld to put the rocks together, was skeptical at first but this stuff is great.

imag0324rx.jpg

imag0325z.jpg

imag0326i.jpg

imag0327j.jpg

So far everything is going good...I'm having some issues with mico bubbles in the display tank, I can't seem to see where they are coming from. Nothing from the skimmer or the back chambers. Could this be some kind of break in thing? Like new skimmers do sometimes.

One of my sps is slowly doing the RTN thing. Not sure what it's from, I don't have any test supplies and can't make it to my local fish store until next week. Bummer. Could be from the transfer, who knows. Everything else is doing well, so I guess one coral isn't to bad. I hope it fights back.

The scape is done, it was a battle to get everything how I wanted it. A whole lot of F bombs as I knocked things over multiple times. Here it is...

imag0337a.jpg

imag0338bu.jpg

imag0341h.jpg

imag0340w.jpg

imag0339r.jpg

SO I'm having some issues with my sps, color loss, polyp extension and RTN. I hope things pull around, I'm thinking I will have a loss or two.

imag0345p.jpg

imag0344q.jpg

imag0343uu.jpg

imag0342b.jpg

are you planning on selling your 10g stand? im looking for a stand like that and was wondering if your selling it xD

No, I put it in my room with the rest of the bedroom set. It was part of a three piece book stand setup.

Archived