Innovative Marine Aquariums

m05tw4nt3d 9g nano

m05tw4nt3d

Hi guys I'm going to track the progress of my 9g nano tank.

Hope to show lots of photis and updates,

so if your interested or would like to know anything just ask.

Here is a pick at 2months.

post-42923-1311238225_thumb.jpg

Here's one from tonight.

Tanks about 10weeks old this weekend.

post-42923-1311238383_thumb.jpg

It's an Orca brand tank available here in OZ. It's very similar to your nano cubes and bio cubes I think. Has the 3 chambers built in back and a 24w 50/50 pc with 2 cooling fans in hood.

I do a 2G water change weekly using Red Sea Pro salt and R/O water.

The return pump was a 320L which I think is about 80g so I upgraded to a 600L so about 150G.

This is the tank today after its watch change.

post-42923-1312094727_thumb.jpg

Anyone?

post-42923-1311565081_thumb.jpg

If your elegance coral is swollen up and tentacles are deflated most likely it is elegance coral disease. Very common and reason why these corals are very hard to take of. I had mine die because I didn't know better. Try to do some research on the best care for these.

Yeh I've been reading up on that. It's eating fine and acting normally so ill just keep a close eye on it.

Good lookin tank

Cheers mate, I'm a bit worried about the elegance it opens up pretty large and I don't want it to sting other coals.

Thinking about moving it over to my cube.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, very nice! First result on Google is a thread on nano reef asking 'is this worth $500?'!

I was considering taking both for $100 lol :P

Hi I've noticed something growing on my thermometer and was wondering if anyone could try to is it. It's fluros red with orange ends. It sort of resembles algae.

Looks Luke nothing I have in my tank.

post-42923-1315041941_thumb.jpg

post-42923-1315042112_thumb.jpg

It sort of looks like nemastoma...

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/data/539/...um/DSC02675.JPG

Am I right? The algae is very small in your photo. If so, consider yourself lucky, there's someone selling this stuff in the F/S forum and has a waitlist.

Very nice corals by the way. Especially the red plate, looks wicked. Yeah elegances get huge, smart move having it transferred over, mines is strong enough to kill nassarius snails =(

Yeh sort of looks like that. Thanks for having a look for me mate. Yeh the elegance is bigger again now its growing like a weed.

I can't find it ANYWHERE, and it just grows on yer thermometer!?

Ugh... <_<

Lol I won't know for certain till it gets a bit bigger, growing reasonable though

Archived