Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mirage's 12 Gallon Long

MGDMIRAGE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice tank there.. i was thinking about the same. thanks for taking the time to post up some photos of the tank. Did the tank comes with the end cut like that or did u got it custom?

I cut it tonight with a dremel and a diamond cutting wheel, only took like 10 mins. Dremels are awesome!

I'm going to see if i can have some glass cut tomorrow for the external overflow.

Question, i was thinking about drilling two 3/4" returns just below the cutout and off to the side of it, do you think this will affect the strength of the glass at all? Being so close to the cutout that is.

Maybe someone else can help answer this question for you. I am not to familiar with drilling for i have never own a tank with a sump. :P

Had the glass cut today and put together the overflow box. Will retouch the silicone with a razor blade in a few spots in a few days when i go to drill the bulkhead hole.

IMG_72561280x1177.jpg

IMG_72541280x1020.jpg

OOOOOOO aHHHHH Very clean! that is one long tank!

I think you'll be fine with cutting holes that close to the cutout so long as it doesn't require too much pressure.

I'm almost thinking Lily pipes now, i want the most invisible look i can get as far as equipment in the tank goes.

bwoodward0012

lookin nice... i love these tanks. you sir are a braver man than i to be cutting on a brand new glass tank like that... i'd be afraid i'd botch it.

lookin nice... i love these tanks. you sir are a braver man than i to be cutting on a brand new glass tank like that... i'd be afraid i'd botch it.

Lol yeah and i did it without liquid courage, so glad i didn't trash it.

woot woot woot! what light is goin on it!?

4 Par 38 LED bulbs 12watts each.

Thanks AM, where you been lately?

Going to drill the bulkhead in overflow today then probably silicone the overflow onto tank. Will get some pics up later.

Leak tested overflow last night and it had zero leaks, was interesting to test since its an odd shape. I had to lay it at like a 30 degree angle and fill it with water.

animalmaster6
Thanks AM, where you been lately?

I had a time where I wasn't on it at all for like 2 weeks. I'm on it just about everday or every other day again but I've been doing a lot of things with my friends lately.

Still gotta touch up that silicone, trying to find my razor glass scrapers still. I hope to have it fairly cleaned up and mostly match the silicone on the Mr.Aqua. Going to cut an acrylic top for this box too, the glass shop wanted an arm and leg to cut this glass so i left off the top piece lol.

Something interesting i'm going to try... making glass teeth for the overflow lol, we'll see how it goes.

:scarry:

Exactly, except i'm going to be using the scrap piece of glass that i cut out of tank so its not as scary, if it goes wrong oh well. I'll use egg crate as a backup for the teeth. I just wanna make sure i don't have gobies in my sump constantly lol.

Archived