Coral Vue Hydros

My South Korean LFS!

wildmanzeke

wildmanzeke

Is there really not store's like that in the U S? I started this hobby here in korea so i havent been to any reef stores back in the us. I was hoping this is what they would look like when i got back.

igotreefermadness

I work at a store in Omaha, NE and we run a 600g shallow. That includes sump and refugium volume. I will have to grab a pic next time I work.

wildmanzeke

i'm pretty sure this is how they did it. I asked a guy who spoke perfect english in another store that's further away than this one is to me, about korea and fragging and he said that they hobby really isnt that popular over here. So everyone buy's colonies. Their are more people buying reef tanks to display at a bussiness(hotel) than to have as a hobby here in korea. But the guy that run's this store will sell me frag's for 5 bucks a pop. I just go around to all the tank's and look for anything that's been broken off.LOL.

Hello, Wildmanzeke

Which Korean store did you go. I'm also from S. Korea. If you are looking for "frag store" in Korea, there aren't many around metro Seoul. http://oceankorea.kr/ will have SPS frag as well as some LPS frag for about $10 each. Cheers ..

i'm pretty sure this is how they did it. I asked a guy who spoke perfect english in another store that's further away than this one is to me, about korea and fragging and he said that they hobby really isnt that popular over here. So everyone buy's colonies. Their are more people buying reef tanks to display at a bussiness(hotel) than to have as a hobby here in korea. But the guy that run's this store will sell me frag's for 5 bucks a pop. I just go around to all the tank's and look for anything that's been broken off.LOL.
wildmanzeke

Hi Greenpower,

I go to themarium.com. or aqua119.net. The marium has way better selection and the prices aren't bad. usually 35,000W for a small colony of SPS. That's awesome to know they sell frag's. Where are they located by the way?

wildmanzeke

hey everyone

Here are the Frag's i got from oceankorea.kr. Hey Greenpower, Where do you buy your equipment? Also, Can someone tell me what the first piece is?

SPS.jpg

acan2.jpg

Hello, wildmanzeke

Great that you were able to stop by OceanKorea. I also stopped by Sea Apple LFS

http://www.seaapple.co.kr and got myself pom pom Xenia. I wanted get a frag but they didn't have one for Xenia. Here is video

BTW : If not acro frag, first one look like "finger leather frag" to me. Also you send you a PM. Hope to chat you later later.

• 1 year later...

I have a store an hour and a half away from me that maybe comes close, but still kinda pales in comaprison to this. The place I'm referring to is in Salem, NH called jays.

• 5 months later...

Hello guys/gals, I will be moving to Korea and I was looking to order a 240 gal from one of the LFS.

Does anyone know if they will be able to order tanks that size? If so are the prices reasonable? Thanks

Hello guys/gals, I will be moving to Korea and I was looking to order a 240 gal from one of the LFS.

Does anyone know if they will be able to order tanks that size? If so are the prices reasonable? Thanks

After living in New York/New Jersey are all my life, now I live in Korea for fast 5 years.....

If you want custom tank, go to this site.

http://www.roseaqua.com

This guy is awesome glass tank maker!

If you put this guys tank next finest ADA tanks, you won't be able to tell the difference....

He made couple of tanks for me and he recently made me a glass sump thats really nice...

check out my thread for the sump this guy made.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/321546-oogietank-fluval-edge/

I gotta say we are very lucky to have a store that's amazing in Columbus, OH. I hadn't been there before, but went to reefsystems last weekend and holy crap! They have the largest coral farm I've ever seen. He has a huge greenhouse filled with tanks of coral that get direct sunlight and also has several tanks inside with traditional lighting. His coral is almost all aquacultured from his own stock and they look amazing. I highly recommend making the trip if you're even remotely close. Good stuff! www.reefsystems.com

fretfreak13

Theres a great store a little bit north of you in Lyndhurst, OH called Blue Fish Aquariums. =)

I gotta say we are very lucky to have a store that's amazing in Columbus, OH. I hadn't been there before, but went to reefsystems last weekend and holy crap! They have the largest coral farm I've ever seen. He has a huge greenhouse filled with tanks of coral that get direct sunlight and also has several tanks inside with traditional lighting. His coral is almost all aquacultured from his own stock and they look amazing. I highly recommend making the trip if you're even remotely close. Good stuff! www.reefsystems.com

sullys20long

I work at a store in Omaha, NE and we run a 600g shallow. That includes sump and refugium volume. I will have to grab a pic next time I work.

which one? think I've hit them all the last month lol

• 2 years later...

Hi guys I'm new to this site, I live in Seoul South Korea. I have been keeping a nice reef tank for a few months. I wanted to know where you guys are getting your RO/DI water. Also if you knew the best reef stores in town. Thank you.

Archived