Pod Your Reef

Office tank - Biocube14 - The blennies are IN!

PIMPALA

Figured since I just started another nano, I'd go ahead and make a thread in the appropriate forum.

A buddy of mine was moving, and had to tear down his tank, so i took it over, and am making changes. Started out with a stock cube, rear chambers gutted, and a MJ for return. Had a 150wMH light with T5 actenics, but i put the stock hood back on with the PCs for aesthetics and evap issues.

Just filled it up with 80% new water, and let it chill:

e28fe63f.jpg

added a barnacle cluster:

c0367f41.jpg

and last week, I brought some zoas from the frag tank at home. Also picked up a couple of shrimp from a LFS.

0b9fb2dd.jpg

ec7009d3.jpg

fd3f69eb.jpg

8b49e04d.jpg

a9b356fb.jpg

also put 4 snails in there to help clean things up a bit. we will see how it goes. testing water every day to see if there is in fact a mini cycle, although all parameters are still testing the same as the big tank at the house (which is where most of this stuff came from). so im doubting anything happens, but ya never know.

Thats where it is today. The plans are to let EVERYTHING get covered in zoas. Everything. Sand, back wall, all rocks, etc. The only fish I want in here are about 4-5 barnacle blennies. I want the mupped faced ones (Hancock) and really dont like buying fish online due to previous experiences, so I have all 5 LFS here watching their lists for a set.

• 3 weeks later...

well, its been a month, all params are in check, everything looking good, except that i put in a small cleaner shrimp that only lasted a week, then the peppermint ate him. idk what happened there. also added 4 turbo snails to clean up some of the mess from the mini cycle that did happen. holy crap these turbos poop a lot.

oh, and i also got 3 muppet faced barnacle blennys.

they jumped right in the barnacles, and are freakin AWESOME. I love these little guys! They are about 1" long, and they eat (or attempt to eat) every little thing that floats by. its hilarious, and amazing how fast they are!

2f863240.jpg

be810bb0.jpg

57ae382d.jpg

ive also added several zoa frags, but nothing to look at right now really. just a few polyps here and there.

Took a little video of them in their first hour in the display. they drip acclimated in a bucket for 30 minutes.

Archived