Top Shelf Aquatics

BOMBreef's LED Solana

BOMBreef

BOMBreef's 34g Solana

Welcome to my slice of the reef. Throughout my time in this hobby I have picked up many tips and tricks as well as ideas. This build for me has incorporated many of those ideas which all are geared to create a clean, efficient piece of art.

ENJOY.

August 2012

7768462372_9e2619c182.jpg

FTS812 by BOMBreef, on Flickr

February 2012

6871889691_a4ff1577ee.jpg

Feb12fts by BOMBreef, on Flickr

6793823962_60673f56f3.jpg

sideshot228 by BOMBreef, on Flickr

[sPECS]

Tank: 34g Solana 20"x20"x20"

Lighting: AI SOL blue w/ controller

Filtration: InTank Mediabasket (Floss, purigen, ROX 0.8/ HC GFO)

Skimmer: Tunze 9002 w/ InTank cup

Powerhead: Vortech mp10 Ecosmart

Doser: Bubble Magus triple doser

Controller: Reefkeeper Lite w/ ATO & pH

LIVESTOCK

[FISH]

• B&W clownfish (mated pair)

• Purple Firefish

• Mystery wrasse

[CORALS]

[sPS]

• ORA Bird of Paradise

LPS]

• Bubble Gum Monster chalice

• Miami Hurricane chalice

• Emerald Mummy Eye chalice

• Pink Boobies chalice

• Bubble coral

• Orange fungia

• Bleeding apple scoly

• assorted acans

[ZOAS]

• Red Hornets

• Blue Hornets

• Fruit loops

• Sunny D's

• Capt. Americas

• Darth Mauls

• Rastas

• Mohawk palys

• Vivid Rainbows

• Mindblowing palys

• AOG

• fire & ice

• radioactive dragon eyes

• pink zippers

• PPE

• random assorted zoas

[MISC.]

• RBTA

• Crocea clam

Ai SOL blue timers:

00/15/15 @ 11:30am 60m

15/20/20 @ 1:00pm 5m

35/35/35 @ 3:00pm 30m

15/15/15 @ 6:00pm 60m

00/05/05 @ 7:00pm 60m

00/03/00 @ 8:00pm 120m (lunar cycle)

00/00/00 @ 11:00pm 1m (off)

25% chance of thunderstorms once per day.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:happydance: Looking nice! Keep us posted buddy!

I sure will!

I'm going to start building the wall this evening once it cools down. I'll have the rock foamed, and epoxy the sand tomorrow. Pics soon to follow...

Soon! I'll have the wall in the tank on Tuesday and hopefully filled up by the end of the week.

Here's a teaser pic of a fungia that I picked up for $20....the tents are more of a hot pink. I couldn't get the colors right with my camera.

f7757fb7.jpg

I'll have a nice fungia area in the tank with my orange, green and pink fungias as well as a purple if I can find one.

Going to be a sick set-up man. Good luck and get er wet.

Thanks I can't wait to fill it up....I'm getting a little impatient.

I just finished siliconing the rock wall in and I'll be doing some touch-up with more sand and epoxy while it cures. I also need to finish modding my Tunze skimmer.

Hopefully by Friday I can start filling it up and start the cycle! fingerscrossed

:angry: your tank already looks nicecer than mine and it doesnt even have water in it yet lol

Yah right! Your pico is sweet...it's tempting me to break out my Dymax iQ3 and start a little pico myself!

You should try doing a 2 island scape, one bigger than the other. :D

That's exactly what I was thinking! I'll have to play around with the rock I have and see what I can come up with.

Deleted User 4

I just realized that you are in socal, same as me. Cool as hell, looking forward to some new pictures soon. :D

put some sort of top on the stand it tends to bubble when wet...i figured that out by my 3rd one...lol...

I just realized that you are in socal, same as me. Cool as hell, looking forward to some new pictures soon. :D

Nice! I'm in Upland so I'm sure we're not too far from eachother.

put some sort of top on the stand it tends to bubble when wet...i figured that out by my 3rd one...lol...

I really like the granite top you put on yours! Unfortunately the top on mine has a little bubbling since I bought the set-up used. Maybe I'll see about getting some granite cut for a new top....that would look sweet!

In other news, I've finished the DIY rock/foam wall!

I started with egg crate as a base and zip-tied it together to create the structure. I then placed about 10lbs of dry rock and foamed around it using Beckett's waterfall foam. After it was cured for approx. 2 days I epoxied sand to the foam using Z-poxy finishing resin. Once everything was cured and dry I siliconed it to the false wall using GE silicone I.

Overall I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. I hid the return in the hole on the right so there's no ugly loc-line hanging out. I can't wait till it looks more natural once my tank is mature and there's some nice purple coralline growth.

BOOM!

2011-07-07173305.jpg

omgomgomg

Nice rock/foam-wall! Very nice and sleek with the overflow and output cutouts!

Thanks....now I just need to fill it up!

I'm going to give it a couple days just to make sure everything is cured 100%.

Awesome rock wall, can't wait!! :D

I'll get a better picture that one is $%&*. I just modified my Tunze skimmer so it's all ready to go!

I need to make another light bar too since I didn't account for the 2" the rock wall adds into the display. :ninja: DUH! oh well....

I'm going to be picking up some One & Only from Dr. Tim's aquatics to speed up my cycle. I need my other tank to be out by the end of the month and I can't wait for the bacteria to catch up to the bio-load.

I'll be adding quite a few corals and fish....but that's a surprise for later :naughtydance:

I dig the rock wall - wished I would have thought of that before I built my tank out. So many things I'd do differently now.

Archived