Current FTS

dsc02507v.jpg

Stats[/b][/size]

Tank-40Lx19Wx10H Custom 3/8" polished tank build by me

Lighting 250W metal halide

Filtration Ehiem ecco 2232

first 9 pages of pictures were taken with this

htck.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________

Original first post

So a little back story, looks like i'm gonna start my tank up again. I got injured in the military and now Im be forced out so time to start my civliian life again. This was very hard for me and my wife to take at first but now we've moved on and looking to the future.

I'm actually sitting here in medical holding waiting for my paper work to go through so I can go home.(been here doing nothing for 3 weeks now). I will be going home soon so then the pictures will come.

The plan is the same as it was as my last tank. It will be another mangrove lagoon. With he same tank I had last time. Just this time it will be a lot simpler and pretty cool If I do say so myself.I still have the black mangroves that where in the last tank and they've gotten pretty big(wife been taking care of them). I know I should have waited to post this but I'm very exited to have a tank again. Anyway I won't be able to check this till tuesday so see you then!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ohhhhhhhh snap!

Glad your back buddy :happy: Sorry to hear about the injury but at least your alive. Looking forward to seeing the tank back in action

Thanks man this is there first time I've seen a computer in like a 3 months so I'm like geeking out and cathing up on everything thats been going on here. It's so good to be back

doppelganger

A bunch of us were JUST posting the other day on how much we miss your tank! Welcome back!!!! :)

Looks like I get another 40 mins to use the comp before I go home on tuesday! The plan for this tank is to make it a AIO but not be able to see the AIO at all so there will be no visable equipment at all. Thats really the goal for me is to have no equipment showing at all. I'm gonna build a new stand becuase as well, I don't really like my current one. I plan on making it geared more tward black mangroves this time around with a couple red, and white if I can find any. There will only be a peacock mantis in the tank. As there the reason I got involved in this hobby and I want to stay true to my roots ;)

A bunch of us were JUST posting the other day on how much we miss your tank! Welcome back!!!! :)

can you show me the posts? :happy:

haven't really made any movement toward the tank yet as still getting use to being back-reconnecting with my wife and looking for a new job(I hate filling out applications). I think I nailed a job as a environmental scientist, but let just hope they call me back saying I nailed the job!!! B)

On another note, Thought i'd post some pic of the black mangroves and how fast they are growing now. At first when I transplanted them I lost one and they went into shock but now they're growing like weeds!

Taken on 5/14/11-around 9" tall

imag0151i.jpg

Today 6/9/11-around 14" tall

imag0159r.jpg

imag0160u.jpg

imag0161n.jpg

There do for a good trim to get more branching out. I'll post a couple pic after I cut them and start work on the stand

thats pretty cool :D

what kind of soil are they in?

it's a mix of potting soil,sand and mud, there is also some weak fertilizer in there to help them grow faster. Once there ready to go in the tank they will go though a detox to remove anything ferts left on them

Got around to working on the stand today. Before I stared the stand I looked at a lot of stands and for this tank I wanted to go with a simple industrial stand. I think people are gonna find this stand pretty cool. Don't want to ruin the surprise so here's just a pic of one of the 4x4's yep a 4x4, in the process of sealing/sanding them with a semi gloss wood sealer

redwoodu.jpg

Just cuz I like posting pictures, this is the light I'm using right now. I might switch to a MH for the mangroves and led for the corals just because a 6x39 tek takes up so much room

teklight.jpg

so spent the day enjoying the outdoors today and saw a pair of Bald Eagles and this guy scurring through the woods

fiddler.jpg

on another note the stand is starting to come together, couple more days and i'll have a few pics!

Can't wait to see it man!

thanks, just got to make a quick stop at Lowes to get a couple more pieces, varnish them then good to go. I'll take a pic of it later today even though it's not done as a sneak peek :P

Archived