WillWork4Frags

WillWork4Frags

NEW PHOTOS CLICK BELOW

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry3651534

New FTS 12/24/2011

IMG_2018.JPG

Old FTS 6/24/2011

IMG_9821.JPG

Been on the forums for a while, started my tank back in March. I guess it's time to post up my work for everyone to see.

FTS 5/31/2011

Original 10g tank

-19pnzZvA...52014.56.42.jpg

Livestock:

2x clowns

2x striped damsels

1x blue damsel

1x cleaner shrimp

20x hermits

25x certihs

Corals:

Flowerpot

Duncan

Green Zoas

Trumpet Coral

Frogspawn

Green Star Polyps

Equipment:

Custom 24x18x2 Advanced Acrylics all-in-one

Marinelane Heater

Coralife 24" t5HO

Koralia 250

Walmart Led Bulb clip on refugium light

WillWork4Frags

Thanks, I'm excited. I want to do it now but I figure moving livestock twice will stress them out; not to mention cause a possible cycle.

• 4 weeks later...
WillWork4Frags

Everything has been moved to the new tank! Borrowed my buddies DSLR, what difference!

SCAPE #1 w/crappy cell phone pic

2011-06-19%2010.38.58.jpg

SCAPE #2 FINAL - Added new rock.

IMG_9820.JPG

SIDE TANK SHOT

IMG_9815.JPG

Acans getting their color back

IMG_9810.JPG

Kryptonite Canes starting to split

IMG_9804.JPG

IMG_9813.JPG

IMG_9817.JPG

IMG_9818.JPG

WillWork4Frags

six line went missing these past few days. Couldn't find him anywhere. Not on the floor, chambers, or rock. Well after doing some research I found out that it was more than likely my new brittle star. I guess they eat wrasses in their sleep. At least he didn't go to waste, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
WillWork4Frags

Newest addition to the tank! He hides out in a damn cave all day unless its feeding time. Hopefully he'll become more social this week.

IMG_9833.JPG

Great looking tank!!!! I will be watching for updates......

Thanks!

Did you build your media basket yet?

I have not yet, but I plan on doing it soon. I have a lot of good things planned for this tank. Skimmer, media basket, diy leds, and a ton of corals. Unfortunately I want to wait a little bit before dumping even more coin in =).

Love the scape... very clean looking!

Thanks bud, took me a while to get it the way I liked.

WillWork4Frags
Nice one man! What are the dimensions? I have a 12g 15"x15"x12" I'm cycling now. Very pleased with the work.

Thank you. Its a 24x16x16. It fits perfectly on my nightstand =). Although the wife wasn't happy because she wanted her matching table lamps. But the truth is she stares at it more than I do!

John makes some great stuff and I hope he comes back to ebay soon. Else I might need to call him. I'm considering a pico from him so I can take over my wife's night stand when shes not looking. :eek:

digitalfreq
Thank you. Its a 24x16x16. It fits perfectly on my nightstand =). Although the wife wasn't happy because she wanted her matching table lamps. But the truth is she stares at it more than I do!

John makes some great stuff and I hope he comes back to ebay soon. Else I might need to call him. I'm considering a pico from him so I can take over my wife's night stand when shes not looking. :eek:

I emailed him about a sump, no answer so far. Maybe he takes long summer vacations...

WillWork4Frags
Beautiful tank ted. Awesome job.

Thanks Rehype. Your shallow rimless is amazing.

• 1 month later...
WillWork4Frags
looks great, any new pics?

Thanks! =)

Clowns and royal gramma all got ich and I was unable to save them. The tank was fishless for 6 weeks. I have now added a coral beauty. For you dwarf angel police, it will be moved to my new 100 gallon as soon as it is ready.

PICS

cb.jpg

shrimp.jpg

frogspawn.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• 4 months later...
WillWork4Frags

UPDATES! LOTS OF PICTURES!

A lot has happened with the tank. First off, this entire year has been a great and also challenging experience. First off, changing t5 bulbs often is a HUGE deal. I didn't change my bulbs for about 6 months and I lost my acans, my frogspawn started bleaching, and my zoas turned brown. As soon as I replaced the bulbs the frogspawn started getting it's color back, the zoas are green again, and all the corals look a lot healthier. I have discovered that the best way to know when it's time to change bulbs, are when the zoas turn brown, or overextend for light. Secondly, my coral beauty was sucked into my overflow. It was a very sad loss, but a part of the hobby I have learn to overcome. I also had a GHA outbreak not too long ago. It's more than likely due to the fact that one of my damsels died and disappeared. However, I have added macroalgae to combat the sucker, and it's surely working.

Enough talk. Here you go!

IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1942.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG