Coral Vue Hydros

cees's bc14 going to be broken down! pics of new job!

cees

Fts

2011-05-24193246.jpg

Close up of rock

2011-05-24193304.jpg

Lol you cant see but all my wiring is inside the stand and the power is strip is held up on the top right coner get a clean look

2011-05-24193327.jpg

Left side to show scape, i like my scapes with alot of lil caves and hiding spots

2011-05-24193352.jpg

Any feed back, questions or pointers would be appreciated.thanks

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good looking tank so far, hopefully i catch up today when my LR gets here...not sure about the scape, I got an idea with just the dry rock, but we'll see whenver the LR shows up.

How many lbs of sand did you put in? Also, did you superglue/epoxy your rock together?

I did 10 lbs of sand. They sell them in bags already i cant remember the name. And its funny with scapes because every time i do a scape outside the tank then try and duplicate it in the tank it never comes out the same! Lol

I did 10 lbs of sand. They sell them in bags already i cant remember the name. And its funny with scapes because every time i do a scape outside the tank then try and duplicate it in the tank it never comes out the same! Lol

so you just placed it inside, didn't glue them to each other?

Lol yea i never glue my rock scape i will once i get a bigger tank but thats gana b till after me and my gf buy a house lol

Lol yea i never glue my rock scape i will once i get a bigger tank but thats gana b till after me and my gf buy a house lol

I feel ya on that one...we're supposed to be saving up for a wedding/house, but I just couldnt resist getting a tank! "The tank is only $160!" I never said anything about the LR and all the other stuff though! shh

Lol thats funny. It harder for me cuz me and my gf have a joint account and shes always checking statements. And shes well awear of how expensive this hobby is :(

But damn it shes great about letting me buy more then wat i need just as long as she gets to buy her dumb makeup lol

Quick update i just got a call from my gf saying my stuff is in from stevieT i also moved some rocks around for a different scape looks better ill take pics once i get home

Its here!!!

a772dfb5.png

6494b7e8.png

239cd120.png

c84840a2.png

Sorry for the pics coming out sideways i had my ipad a took quick pics

All is in and waiting to clear up, next step is to get some live stok put a special order at elite reef for a yasha+pistol shrimp

Looks like my exact order minus the purigen and add another order of filter floss.

Does the media basket cover the overflow hole? The splashing noise is annoying and filling it so it doesnt means any filter media would mostly be bypassed.

Quick update

Just picked up a small clean up crew of 5 snails and 2 hermits. Ill be adding i lil more later this week

I addedit as soon as i got it just a have my water ready for watever i wanted to add lol and cuz i didnt want to see just sitting there.

Hmm i guess that makes sense.. It would only be the initial water when you first put it in that wouldnt have run through the media, but it would after that.

Is there any non toxic marker that i could use to make a fill line with since the one on the side doesnt matter?

squirrelieygrrrl

pffft!

new tanks are always exciting! no matter what! do you have any plans as to what direction you want to go in with stocking?

i really like the scape, especially how you have the larger rock set up on that smaller branch. that cave is way neat.

Hmm i guess that makes sense.. It would only be the initial water when you first put it in that wouldnt have run through the media, but it would after that.

Is there any non toxic marker that i could use to make a fill line with since the one on the side doesnt matter?

what about a grease pen. like the ones you use for plumbing. its just wax. doubt it would be harmful.

Stocking is gana b a yasha goby and a pistol shrimp i had my lfs special order one just waiting for that to come in.. Future plans are mp10, led retro and rkl.. But money is super tight right now lol

squirrelieygrrrl

i read those bits while i was checking out your thread, i meant more of a general theme, biotope, collection local or coral type you were considering.

could just be me tho, im one of those obsessive planners. i had my scape, and most of my stocking planned before water ever even touched my tank.

Lol yea I read all your thread lol am more so of just go with the flow type lol I just want bright colors I love zoas so I'll be doing lots of those maybe a torch coral.. Idk lol any suggestions? Am also picking up a cleaner shrimp from a guy on craigs on Saturday.

Archived