file-26.jpg

file-25.jpg

file-27.jpg

Updated Feb 2, 2012:

925346d8.jpg

Equipment:

Upgraded pump - Maxi-Jet1200

Fluval Heater 100watt

Tunze 9002 Skimmer (Air line mod - Very impressed with the difference)

InTank Gear (Fish Saver, Media Basket, Tunze Cup)

JBJ ATO (Run on the stock BioCube pump - Added TLF ball valve to control the ato water amount)

Loc-Line return Nozzle's

Koralia 750 GPH Upgrade - MP10

Apex Jr Controller

BRS 5 stage rodi unit

Fish

x2 Black Clowns

Flame Hawkfish

Bi Colour Blenny

Six Line Wrasse Sold

Possible future upgrades

mp10 :)

reefkeeper lite Went with the Apex Jr. :)

LED light upgrade Rapid Led 24 Bc29 kit on order

PH module for Apex

Energy bar 8 for Apex

Here are some starting pics.

The Gear

2e3e3833.jpg

Loc-Line return nozzles (Not sure about the orange, only colour I could get. Might paint or just allow coraline algea to take it over)

db31343a.jpg

Fitting for ATO water.

4ce0f741.jpg

ee8c2829.jpg

lol i like the neon orange return nozzels!

CUC looks petty good, but I'm wondering how much LR you're going to use. Also you could probably have more fish if you wanted. my 29 cube has 7 and is doig just fine :)

Coastie5685

Awesome man. Looks like we will be doing our builds the same time.

Question: what do you mean by the ATO run off the biocube pump?

And doesn't the tunze skimmer take all space of your mddle chamber thus killing your use of the media basket? How do you plan on that? ?

CUC looks petty good, but I'm wondering how much LR you're going to use. Also you could probably have more fish if you wanted. my 29 cube has 7 and is doig just fine :)

Im planning on getting about 20 lbs of nice base rock, and i'll be throwing in the 15-20 lbs of live rock I have in my 15 gallon tank right now.

Im planning on more fish than the three just looking for some ideas :D

Awesome man. Looks like we will be doing our builds the same time.

Question: what do you mean by the ATO run off the biocube pump?

And doesn't the tunze skimmer take all space of your mddle chamber thus killing your use of the media basket? How do you plan on that? ?

By the pump thing I just meant: I removed the stock pump from the cube and replaced it with the maxi-jet pump, then im using the stock pump i took out from the biocube for my auto top off.

The tunze 9002 and media basket both fit in middle chamber nicely. Check out inTankLLC on youtube they have an install video on it.

Looking forward to seeing your tank progress!

Cheers.

Coastie5685

Gotcha. How does the ATO work? I'm new to them. If it's to much of a pain to explain I'll just YouTube it. I see you scraped of the back glass a bit. You plan on getting the fuge light? To

Light the chaeto...

Gotcha. How does the ATO work? I'm new to them. If it's to much of a pain to explain I'll just YouTube it. I see you scraped of the back glass a bit. You plan on getting the fuge light? To

Light the chaeto...

Yeah still planning the light for the back.. Not sure if i'll be making, or buying something but there will be one in the future after my cycle is complete.

I would check out youtube for the ATO, pretty good demonstration videos for them. Basically float switches that activate a pump to move water.

tank came like that with the window on the back, Not sure if it's on newer / older models only?

Where did you get the Loc-Line return and nozzles?

Had it ordered from a local factory supply store to save on shipping costs for a couple little parts, A lot of reef supply stores online carry them though. (bulk reef being one).

Had it ordered from a local factory supply store to save on shipping costs for a couple little parts, A lot of reef supply stores online carry them though. (bulk reef being one).

Thanks! Mind sharing what various Loc-Line parts you used? I see the Y ball connector for sure.

Yeah used the stock part connected from the back wall to fit onto a Y-connecter, Just removed the stock nozzle and threw on the Y fitting.

Parts bought, All 1/2"

1 - 1.5" y-fitting

1 - 6" strand of loc-line hose

2 - nozzles 1 1/4 flare

Yeah used the stock part connected from the back wall to fit onto a Y-connecter, Just removed the stock nozzle and threw on the Y fitting.

Parts bought, All 1/2"

1 - 1.5" y-fitting

1 - 6" strand of loc-line hose

2 - nozzles 1 1/4 flare

Great...thank you.

Great start. How many inches of sand do you have in that?

It's about 2-2.5" deep, Not sure if I should go deeper? I have the extra sand around if it would be a good idea?

Really can't wait for my stand to be finished so I can fire this tank up, Been looking at it empty for a couple weeks now lol :D

Thrassian Atoll

I only have like an inch in mine. Just wondering how much everyone else has gone with

Looking good, i'm also thinking of setting up a 29g biocube. Flame Hawkfish are great but if youre planing to keep shrimps and

stuff they will eat them.

May 22 - Stand finished drying and finally got to fire up the tank! Picked up two nice large chunks of base rock that go pretty good together. Threw in a couple of my LR's to seed as well as seachem stability (going to give it a try).

Nice tall stand I wanted

bc3c7647.jpg

Inside stand ATO bucket

f6a7d8a7.jpg

Rockwork - Might throw in a couple more LR's to add a little more structure but for now thats what im working off of.

956dbfa8.jpg

I would break up some of the rock man.

May be what I have to do as well. I have two large pieces and four smaller pieces.

I would break up some of the rock man.

Yeah not too sure about that though.

One thing that really bothered me about my old tank was having small rocks fall all the time when trying to place frags.

I will be adding some more of my LR tomorrow to add a little more structure. Maybe ill post up a new pic to get some feedback. Also added a koralia 750 in the mix.

Added a couple more rocks.. Kinda set up a couple tunnels on each side.

Cycle is going strong B)

e0a42280.jpg

d6ef4c87.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Couple updated pics.

Transfered over my few corals, added most of my CUC, headed to the LFS tomorrow for a couple more snails, herms, and a emerald crab. Rocks starting to purple already :D

27cb378f.jpg

5f55f269.jpg

f0cf1158.jpg

Looking good! How do you like the jbj auto top off?

Tks bud.

The ATO is awesome, can't compare to other brands but so far I love it.

No salinity swings, no more lifting buckets of fresh water to put in the tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Added: x3 black clownfish, big frag of radioactive green zoas, purple people eaters, hairy mushroom.

All doing well.

0a7b953a.jpg

8735ef46.jpg

e5c4fd7a.jpg

a3f09f61.jpg

ac1e613c.jpg

9e45151b.jpg

• 3 months later...

Pic's added to original post

New additions since my last posting:

-Hammer Coral, New Zoas, Kenya, Hairy Shrooms

-x2 Black clowns, Six Line Wrasse

-Emerald Crab, Couple extra hermits and snails =)

-Apex Jr. Controller

Archived