Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chuck's 75g Peninsula

chazde3

Well work has begun on the latest project. The 75g peninsula style tank will be the display piece in my living room. I'm currently working on the stand that I am building and a canopy will be added. Her's a couple progress pics of it where it will most likely be set up. Ignore the mess, the loveseat will be going where my current tank is and I haven't finished cleaning up after moving.

From the kitchen

DSC05581.JPG

From the door

DSC05582.JPG

From the couch

DSC05583.JPG

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't get much done this weekend on the build. I did get the back painted black and also painted the overflow black because I thought the gray would look weird with a black background. I also siliconed the overflow into place. Its starting to look good.

Little picture update.

Ellie checking out my work.

DSC05584.JPG

Back painted black

DSC05585.JPG

Overflow painted black

DSC05586.JPG

Overflow sitting in place. It was siliconed in place after this.

DSC05588.JPG

Inside the overflow

DSC05590.JPG

Spent the day transferring over the old tank into the new. Went pretty smooth.

Couch/loveseat view

DSC05593.JPG

Kitchen

DSC05596.JPG

Doorway

DSC05597.JPG

Thanks, its my first peninsula tank and I love it. So much more you can do with coral placement.

Hey thanks guys. Hopefully I can get the outside of the stand done as soon as I get the money for it.

Looks good man, is this the stuff out of the 50 breeder?

Yeah it is, it developed a leak along a bottom seam and it was cheaper to replace it with a 75g than another 50 breeder. I figure I can fix the leak and sell it.

So my mp40 was making a considerable amount of noise so I found a fix for it. Took it apart and found that one of the bearing was faulty. One $7 bearing later and its dead silent. If your pump is under warranty I would not do this but mine was an original gen 1 so this method was better than buying a new $220 dry side and was much quicker.

Found the procedure for fixing it here

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1901337

• 2 months later...

Well I had to move. Tank made the move just fine. I've also been making some progress on the stand and canopy. Still have lots to do on them but its starting to come together.

DSC05890.jpg

DSC05891.jpg

DSC05892.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got the canopy painted and the base painted. Just gotta wait til payday to pick up the rest of the wood to do the doors for the stand. Also spent a good amount of time scraping the built up algae of the glass tonight.

Updated short side

DSC06197.jpg

Couch view

DSC06198.jpg

Wow this is fantastic! I love it!!! We thought about doing a peninsula sided tank when we move into our condo, but decided against it. Yours looks amazing though!

This looks awesome, great inspiration for what I plan to do next.

Good to hear I inspire a little. Good luck with the project.

Wow this is fantastic! I love it!!! We thought about doing a peninsula sided tank when we move into our condo, but decided against it. Yours looks amazing though!

I almost didn't do a peninsula style tank. I think they get over looked as an option far too much. You get a lot more coral placement options. All in all I am glad I did do a peninsula tank.

Love the tank. I wish I had space to do that kind of tank, sadly my house is built weird.

LOL my cats freak when they get wet too. But they want to sit on top of the tank? :huh:

It's like wtf you don't like to get wet! LOL

Archived