ReefCleaners.org

Seller EricChris

Jbs77

Seller did a great job communicating and shipping in a timely manner, unfortunately he packaged the frags in a flat usps box and it was squished during shipping. The frags have taken damage, and have detached from the skeleton in multiple places. Seller has to adapt his shipping methods (better box, styro-lined to support weight) assuming the frags looked great when he shipped them out. At this point I cannot recommend the product.

Jbs

He did more candy cane heads than I paid for, so with improving in box selection it would be worth your money.

i have ask for pictures to see just how bad the package arrived and this is the pm i got back.. i'm willing to send them again to make it right...

I'm not going to worry about it. If they survive great, I split whatever heads live with my friend. I'm not a person who looks for anything back, just wanted to let you know about your packaging.

Thanks

Jarod

Here is your box, not to mention you taped up ziploc bags to hold the frags. Here is one of the two frags, you can see the top head is blown up, and the bottom has tissue damage. This is my day off and I do not plan on spending it taking photos for $40, or uploading pictures to this web forum. I do not have a good camera,

The last pic is my Trans Am, which I should be driving right now on my day off. This thread can be locked or deleted. I don't care either way.

See ya

post-53348-1303325742_thumb.jpg

post-53348-1303325756_thumb.jpg

post-53348-1303325766_thumb.jpg

post-53348-1303325955_thumb.jpg

ok thats fine... i'm will to make this right an send you the frags again packed much better, all you need to do is send me a pm a i will make this right...

Taped up ziploc bags? How in the hell...

Looks pretty bad to me.

yes it does an im willing to make it right...

carbon-mantis

@seller, just a few things you may want to look into in the future.

For bags, good 2 & 3mil ones are sold occasionally on sites like aquabid. Bulk sites sell big lots of them if you're looking for hundreds, or sites like Angels Plus sell them in smaller quantities.

Might want to check out places like WalMart for boxes instead of USPS; their sizes are much better than the skinny USPS boxes and in the end shipping costs may come out to only a few cents more.

I had no intention of slamming the seller in any way, but it clearly looks like that happened. I did get a little frustrated, and I shouldn't have let that happen. He obviously is a nice guy who just chose the wrong box. The ziploc bags likely would have worked in a box that was capable of supporting weight. He did immediately offer to make it right, however we are all hobbyist here, so I would rather him learn and have the chance to sell again.

It is also important to note that as a shipper you cannot afford for your packages to leak. You can potentially get the carrier fined, because water can activate other more serious chemicals, and create fire. That carrier could later take legal action against you. I deal with ORM-D shipping daily, the compliance and regulations around that subject are complicated and can lead to some very serious repercussions.

Good Luck

I'd actually say this is the most civil thread I've seen on nano-reef about a transaction that did not go perfect.

Kudos to the seller and buyer for behaving like adults and not making it personal.

This is how the feedback forum should be.

I'd actually say this is the most civil thread I've seen on nano-reef about a transaction that did not go perfect.

Kudos to the seller and buyer for behaving like adults and not making it personal.

+1

Last update.

One frag not so good, but the 2nd frag has opened up (took a couple days) and it looks fantastic. I can recommend EricChris's candy cane product, because I believe he will definitely choose a good box going forward. I find it hard to believe anyone in the future will be disappointed with what they receive. He has continued to offered to reship, but honestly the 2nd frag is so nice, that it was worth my $40 at retail.

No hard feelings here.

TheUnfocusedOne

+1

I wish people acted this way more often.

i bought a frag from EricChris too, and had the box arrive the same way. Except USPS delayed it a day and smashed the box as well, so it wasn't really his fault. It didn't survive and the water in the bag was quite hot. He did offer to replace them for me as well, which i thought wasn't totally necessary. Overall good transaction and communication. I would buy more from him anytime (assuming it gets to me ok next time).

EricChris sent me another shipment a few days ago. He sent another set of candy cane frags at no extra cost to me. I had paid for 2 initially, and he ended up sending about 5 heads!!. The second time, they were packaged very well in a Styrofoam lined box, and in a Tupperware contained inside that. Luckily the box didn't sit outside long and i got it before the heat did. The frags were in very good condition... here is a pic about 10 minutes after they were put in my tank, already opening!

IMG_1297.jpg

I can upload pics of the box, pack job, and how the frags look now later today when i get home.

BTW- the frag is doing great and put out feeder tentacles that first night.. I would efinitely buy from this seller again!!

• 4 months later...

Archived