Pod Your Reef

Skittles and Stix

swayd

Here we go again!

New pico build with a 5.5g. This will be AIO and very simple. I derimmed the tank last night and just got my black acrylic today. All I need to do now is drill a hole for the return pump and glue it all in.

Equipment

-5.5 gallon tank

-rio return pump

-50watt hydor heater

-150watt MH with 2x14watt T5 actinics

LIVESTOCK

Coral

-Green Implosions

-Green Paly

-Bird of paradise

-Green and blue tenuis

-Sunset Montipora

-Hallelujah Mountain zoas

-Orange Zoas

-Technicolor acan echinata

-Green and purple Crazy Favia

-Small Frogspawn

CUC

-Many random snails and copepods transfered over in the LS from my 20L's sump!

Filtration

-Chaeto

-Rear Back chamber(cleaned out weekly because it traps detritus and such)

- ~5 Tablespoons of Chemipure-Elite(changed weekly)

Any suggestion are welcome :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha I havent even gotten home yet lol, the only reason I know about it is because they called me from home saying that the post man threw my package with the par38 lamp at the door and just left it there! omgomgomg

I hope they didnt break it or im going to have to go to usps and let em have it! :rant:

Cheap light fixture from walmart, like zepo.

I threw some green implosion palys and green palys in there and colors are insane!

post-50898-1304576066_thumb.jpg

post-50898-1304576099_thumb.jpg

It was a special order from TAP Plastics, I did have to take the dremel to it because the overflow's teeth weren't deep enough.

They really know what they are doing in there, plus theres an LFS like 1/2 mile away so they deal with a lot of people like us lol

Here we go, sorry for the dirty pics :naughtydance: but I was too lazy to clean the glass.

Oh and I rescaped it and added some zoas like 5 minutes after I took these pics haha. So more to come...tomorrow.

reef006.jpg

reef005.jpg

reef004.jpg

reef003.jpg

reef001.jpg

Thanks,

I know they are palys, the ones I added last night are zoas.

I'll post new pics tonight!

Sweet! I think I am going to be building something like this for my desk at work. Not sure what all I am going to keep in it since there are breaks and such that I will have to work around. May just keep a FW tank but after these tanks I can't really justify fresh water anymore.

Dude I know what you mean, I wanted to stat a small FW but just couldnt do it lol.

Do it, its super inexpensive and easy to do. I think total it cost me about $100 light, LR, LS and all!

Got some super cool zoas that are metallic orangish yellow! Couldnt ID them off of zoaid.com but they are super nice (and cheap hehe). I would take pictures but they wont come out right with the LED's.

I also discovered that one of my rocks is covered in christmas tree worms! I have only seen one come out and its blue, but I can see the encrusted skeleton on the entire rock :D so there should be at least 10 more spread out. I always wanted some of these guys and now I have them :happydance:

Put in a bird of paradise frag and found what seems to be a sponge on my LR, it looks like a mini favia!

• 3 months later...

So I have neglected this thread and now its time to bring this back to life, as my 20L has been broken down.

Right now Its very simple I have the same equipment except I now have my 150w MH w/T5(pwered by a galaxy ballast) and a knano 425.

Livestock has changed, I now have a rainbow acan echinata, that crazy colored favia from my 20L, Hallelujah mountain zoas, Metallic orange zoas, and a Bird of Paradise SPS that is coloring up nicely again!

I will be doing a WC tonight and I will clean it up a little to post some pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

Water changes and more water changes!

Im also going to dip everything! As I found flatworms in there!

I am going to start getting into rics and SPS for this pico, hopefully all goes well!

Oh, Im also doing chemi-pure elite now in small amounts and changing it out weekly.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I rescaped and stirred up a bunch of sand and cleaned out the detritus from the back chambers. I also got some new zoas that seem to be Blue Space Monsters from what I could tell from Coralpedia.

Oh I forgot to mention I got a rainfords goby last week on tuesday. He seems to be doing good. I heard they are quite picky eaters sometimes but we shall see.

I am planning that GU10 LED build soon I am in the process of looking for the parts to order. Im thinking of doing this pattern: 3 blues and 2 white of the 3x1watt GU10 bulbs

B W

.B

W B

Archived