Top Shelf Aquatics

I need your support Nano-Reef

Milkeeway

So I had so much fun doing an unboxing of RapidLED's new 4 color Par38 I decided I want more! My plans are to get in contact with some other LED companies and get a hold of their products to do unboxing and review threads. At the end of each review my goal is to giveaway that product to a lucky Nano-Reefer! Of course they will need to see that I have a solid group of followers before I can make this dream a reality.

So if you wouldn't mind showing your support by checking out my video unboxing, and letting me know what you think over on YouTube! If you like it, please feel free to comment or subscribe!

Thanks again Nano-Reefer's since I've joined I've ran into nothing but support, I think this could be a lot of fun for all of us!

(Links to the Unboxing Video, and Review of the Par38 Bulb are in my Signature)

Haha seriously people JG is right FREE STUFF! ;)

Honestly though thank you for the support I appreciate it!

Don't mean to be a downer, but a lot of the folks doing reviews and un-boxings of electronics and digital cameras and whatnot usually send that stuff back to the manufacturer. It helps keep things unbiased for the more popular consumer reviewers too. Again, not trying to be a downer :-).

Don't mean to be a downer, but a lot of the folks doing reviews and un-boxings of electronics and digital cameras and whatnot usually send that stuff back to the manufacturer. It helps keep things unbiased for the more popular consumer reviewers too. Again, not trying to be a downer :-).

Oh no offense taken :) there's nothing wrong with a little fact! In the beginning I may not be able to do my giveaways but I'm the kind of guy that would buy the bulb for you guys and give it away! I want this to be fun. I may not be able to do this for every bulb or piece of aquatic equipment but I will figure out something to keep you entertained! Thanks everyone for the support :) and thank you to everyone who has been subscribing! This is awesome everyone :)

I think my reef jar would do just fine with free LEDs over it!

Haha I think a par30 would look great over your Pico Reef Jar :) nice work by the way I've always been fascinated by the jar Pico's I'll be following this one closely!

just watched the rapid par38 videos and i liked it. I was thinking about buying those bulbs but i decided to go with evils par38 instead. It'd be cool to win the rapids and run it right next to my evil. ;]

just watched the rapid par38 videos and i liked it. I was thinking about buying those bulbs but i decided to go with evils par38 instead. It'd be cool to win the rapids and run it right next to my evil. ;]

Remember to Subscribe to my channel if you like it guys!

Thanks again everyone I can't wait until I can get this project off the ground!

Just subbed. Please check out my channel and subscribe back. Link in my signature. I've already had giveaways most recent from bulkreefsupply. Good luck with your channel.

Just subbed. Please check out my channel and subscribe back. Link in my signature. I've already had giveaways most recent from bulkreefsupply. Good luck with your channel.

Hey Krug I'd be more than happy to subscribe, I was just watching your videos last night! With the "W" confusion on your new mp10. Great videos by the way keep up the good work and thanks for your support!

Subscribed. Hopefully you can get far and even get become a youtube partner!

Wow that's awesome thank you so much!

Im not sure about electronics and such, but with my blog (not reef related) most items reviewed are sent for keeps and/or giving away after review.

As a responsible blogger/vlogger you must state that items were received for the sole purpose of review.

Not everyone is honest though. I think it's important to remain honest in your review, even if the item came free. I look at the items as if I had purchased them myself, and if they were worth that amount. That's the hardest part is objectively looking as if you dropped the full amount of money on it. Its easy to only see the plus sides of a product just because it was free.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/10/endortest.shtm

http://mashable.com/2009/10/05/ftc-blogger-endorsements/

You can be fined a HEFTY fee for non disclosure.

Im not sure about electronics and such, but with my blog (not reef related) most items reviewed are sent for keeps and/or giving away after review.

As a responsible blogger/vlogger you must state that items were received for the sole purpose of review.

Not everyone is honest though. I think it's important to remain honest in your review, even if the item came free. I look at the items as if I had purchased them myself, and if they were worth that amount. That's the hardest part is objectively looking as if you dropped the full amount of money on it. Its easy to only see the plus sides of a product just because it was free.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/10/endortest.shtm

http://mashable.com/2009/10/05/ftc-blogger-endorsements/

You can be fined a HEFTY fee for non disclosure.

You bring up some great points! Thank you so much for your contribution! I actually did pay for my RapidLED Par38 and $100 + tax is not cheap considering some of the Par bulbs are $30 cheaper so I did review it as unbiased as I could. I will take that attitude towards reviewing all products in the future. I can see how getting something for "free" can really taint your judgement. I will definitely disclose all information as well as keep price in mind at all times. I would hate to be the guy who purchased something for $300 because someone said it was absolutely perfect when it was only marginally better than another product for $150! Thanks again I look forward to hearing from you in the future. I will check those links out as well too!

I would hate to be the guy who purchased something for $300 because someone said it was absolutely perfect when it was only marginally better than another product for $150!

Exactly. B)

When a company contacts me to review a product sometimes they really are looking for a perfect endorsement for a free product/giveaway item in return. I always let them know that this is not the case, the product will be reviewed from an unbiased position with a honest review. Also, that I will be letting my readers know that the item was received free for review...

This turns some companies off and they move onto another blogger. Which is fine by me. I'd rather keep my readers for being completely honest, then to lose them because of I told them about how great product X is when it's really just mediocre.

I spent some time in retail doing sales, ever since then I find it so easy to notice when someone is "just" trying to sell me something. Some of the reviews I stumble across have too much of a sales pitch to them. That's one thing I tried to avoid in my review. I know with time I will get better! Maybe you can give me advice on how to approach a company when I am starting off this fresh to the reviewing market to get products in my hand and back to my viewers?

• 3 weeks later...
Milkeeway

Thanks to everyone who has been subscribing, I am still getting new subscribers! I am not sure if this thread has anything to do with it since it seems to have died lol but I appreciate everyone none the less.

Thanks to everyone who has been subscribing, I am still getting new subscribers! I am not sure if this thread has anything to do with it since it seems to have died lol but I appreciate everyone none the less.

subscribed :) and good luck

Archived