Coral Vue Hydros

Sarah's 29

saraswati

Sad to leave my old thread, but I got a new 29gal, upgraded from a 10, a few weeks ago, and now that it has new rock, I feel (and others feel emphatically) that it should have it's own thread. And so here it is.

Equipment:

29gal tank

Stealth Pro heater (still needs to be exchanged, as it was recalled. I'm lazy.)

AC30, with chaeto and filter floss

Koralia's of various sizes, I'm not even sure which anymore

150w MH fixture, Oddysea maybe? I can't remember. I don't know why I'm writing this while I'm at work and tired. Bad plan.

Someday, I'll actually set up my sump, and there'll be more to list. Finally set up the sump. It's sumptastic. Bought a HOB skimmer from Coastie, I'll set it up when I move this sucker.

Livestock:

Fish-

• 2 True Perc ( I think) clown fish ( Elanor and Edward. Female is a misbar)
  • 1 Yellow-tailed blue damsel (Harold)

• 1 Yellow clown goby (Godiodon Milosevic) RIP

• 1 Skunk Cleaner (commonly referred to as Skrimp) RIP
  • 3 2 Feather dusters, one pinkish, one purple and yellow, and one tiny purple
  • Countless snails, hermits, asterinas, ENORMOUS BRISTLE WORMS FROM HELL
  • Conch
  • Porcelain crab

Corals-

• 1 Kenya tree

• 2 Pulsing Xenia I don't know where these went
  • 3 Feather Dusters
  • Assorted mushrooms
  • A sweet-bazillion reddish mushrooms
  • Red Favia
  • Green, purple, and orange Ricordea
  • Assorted zooanthids
  • Magician palys
  • Green palys
  • Green trumpets

• Frogspawn I miss this. Melted from the heat.
  • Duncans

I'm totally going to have to take stock when I get home, cause I feel like some things are missing... Hmmm.

So, here are some terrible fts's that I took at 2 am while destroying my tank.

Front

new29054.jpg

Left side

new29056.jpg

Right side

new29057.jpg

Pukey face

new29058.jpg

I'll take some pictures that actually show something when I get home. Or maybe tomorrow. Given my brain function, it's probably best that I just go to sleep.

Coastie, I know you don't like the left side. Also, what's supposed to be going on with that hairy mushroom? Ryan had it and gave it to me cause he couldn't remember what he was supposed to do with it.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the arch rock on the right with the mini built-in cave. 29g tanks are awesome, its what I always ran my FW setups in, I got some sweet pics outta that tank. I'll be watching this B)

I thought he told you I'd sell it to you for $10 but you can just have it.

Lol, he was like "I have no idea what he told me about this, but he said something about giving it to you.. so here!" (paraphrased). Awesome! Thanks.

I like the arch rock on the right with the mini built-in cave. 29g tanks are awesome, its what I always ran my FW setups in, I got some sweet pics outta that tank. I'll be watching this B)

Hurray! I really like the pukey-cave too. Right now it's holding my bleached-out ric, but hopefully I'll find something totally neato to put in it!

Pulled ALL of the rock on the left side out tonight. Made a better pile of it. Should put that back now. oops.

Lol, he was like "I have no idea what he told me about this, but he said something about giving it to you.. so here!" (paraphrased). Awesome! Thanks.

Hurray! I really like the pukey-cave too. Right now it's holding my bleached-out ric, but hopefully I'll find something totally neato to put in it!

Pulled ALL of the rock on the left side out tonight. Made a better pile of it. Should put that back now. oops.

The skull cave is cool, let's see the left side!

Alrighty. Finally woke up from my mini-coma this morning... Totally skipped class and slept in though.

Got some pictures!

Right side. Like the window? Ugh.

SANY4175.jpg

Left side. I like this one a bit better.

SANY4172.jpg

Cave detail. Looks a little less like a pukey-face with stuff stuck in the eyes.

SANY4178.jpg

Duncans, trumpets, xenia, birdsnest, and Harold!

SANY4179.jpg

Feather duster garden :-)

SANY4182.jpg

This just turned into a zoa/paly rock. Conch is chillin.

SANY4188.jpg

Ryan, what are these other things? Cloves? They came on the rock. Also say hello to your chiton :lol:

SANY4187.jpg

Full tank shot

SANY4170.jpg

View from my spot on the couch.

SANY4163.jpg

I love everything about this tank. The color and texture of the rock is so attractive, and I like pukey-face too, haha. Those are really nice looking corals, great color variety and they look nice and healthy.

Basically, I want your tank :lol: I have a 29G but it's freshwater.

I love everything about this tank. The color and texture of the rock is so attractive, and I like pukey-face too, haha. Those are really nice looking corals, great color variety and they look nice and healthy.

Basically, I want your tank :lol: I have a 29G but it's freshwater.

Thanks so much, that's super-nice of you to say! I'm really enjoying all the space this thing has. I can actually clean around my rock now!!

Looks like its snowing outside, haha. Left side is sweet too, its got like a vertical drop-in cave for fish to chill in B)

I like it much better!

Those cloves are AWESOME... They should become really really really green if they are the same ones I gave Ryan.

Is there room to do tank maintenance back there? It looks pretty cramped in that corner?

now on to my next #####.... GET THAT @#$@#^%#(OU#$OTJWSP"IRDJT#$"TPUG $U%# IEjrGPKDRNf SUMP RUNNING!

Wow, that looks cool! I like it......much better on the left.

I followed the last tank, cant wait to see this one.

Thanks! Glad you're following along!

Looks like its snowing outside, haha. Left side is sweet too, its got like a vertical drop-in cave for fish to chill in B)

Thank god, no snow!!! Yeah, that cave looks much better when you can actually see it!

I like it much better!

Those cloves are AWESOME... They should become really really really green if they are the same ones I gave Ryan.

Is there room to do tank maintenance back there? It looks pretty cramped in that corner?

now on to my next #####.... GET THAT @#$@#^%#(OU#$OTJWSP"IRDJT#$"TPUG $U%# IEjrGPKDRNf SUMP RUNNING!

Hurray! I hope they're that neat.

Its tight, but yeah.

SHUT UP.

Yup, I do believe that was definitely what she said.

Bwahahahaha.

But really. Glass holes hasn't even shipped my replacement bulkhead. Is not my fault.

Bwahahahaha.

But really. Glass holes hasn't even shipped my replacement bulkhead. Is not my fault.

They haven't shipped it yet? When did you order it? They say it takes like 2 days.

They haven't shipped it yet? When did you order it? They say it takes like 2 days.

Ha. In like, February? They sent the wrong bulkhead, and I didn't notice until Ryan tried to put it together. I emailed them and they said they'd sent it, but apparently, he forgot! So hopefully, 3rd time's the charm!

In other news, I leave you with a photograph.

SANY4259.jpg

I never said it was related to anything. Meet Boo-boo.

Those arent the cloves aaron gave me lol, just regular green/brown ones. Cant really tell the color of them. The ones aaron gave me are like green with yellow in the middle or something

ps you still owe me for those duncans!

Those arent the cloves aaron gave me lol, just regular green/brown ones. Cant really tell the color of them. The ones aaron gave me are like green with yellow in the middle or something

ps you still owe me for those duncans!

I think I have both!

I know, I haven't seen you since then!

lucky! i know. i really wanted to go get some orange fro yo from that place today.

omg, you should have said something. That sounds delicious.

Archived