chiller coolworks microchiller

display powerhead koralia nano 425

ato elos digi osmocontroller

controller neptune apex lite

filtration rox carbon, brs pelletized gfo in a filter sock

rock 15# manado

started 1/27/11

livestock

coral purple lace stick, pink stylaster, w africa colangia, rhizotrochus, spiral wire, tubastrea, dendrophylia, balanophylia

other inverts spider sponge, magnificent hard tube coco worm, flame scallop, fire shrimp, blue banded coral shrimp, electric blue hermit, 2 halloween hermits, 2 bumble bee snails, pom pom crab, 2 scarlet hermits

fish helfrichi firefish, candy basslet

sweet! how are you liking that mame overflow?

mixed feelings. was lovin it for the first two weeks w/ no issues. then one day the diplay tank flooded after a water change. i think i lost siphon after the water change, and i think my pump may not be strong enough to produce a robust enough venturi recovery. i have an eheim 2000 pump dialed down to 265gph b/c if i crank it up, the drain becomes unbearably loud. :(

Nice!

thx!

some livestock pics:

81080640.jpg

candy basslet and lace coral

fe552a41.jpg

pom pom crab (partially obscured) and sun coral

30091dd8.jpg

candy basslet, helfrichi firefish, spider sponge and flame scallop

bb423e9b.jpg

colangia coral

ca74c168.jpg

fire shrimp and rhizotrochus

d584c780.jpg

blue banded coral shrimp in his cave

22565f0e.jpg

spiral wire coral

c9ea8a9b.jpg

magnificent coco worm ( hiding in it's tube) & balanophilia

814f8f71.jpg

143012a8.jpg

Really nice!

I finally got the mame working with the pump dialed down onthe lowest setting (like you)

I had no problems with the unit starting up. I wonder if ur venturi tubes were blocked?

Either way, im working on a float switch to ensure the return turns off if the DT's water level reaches a certain level.

Really nice!

I finally got the mame working with the pump dialed down onthe lowest setting (like you)

I had no problems with the unit starting up. I wonder if ur venturi tubes were blocked?

Either way, im working on a float switch to ensure the return turns off if the DT's water level reaches a certain level.

Thx! What float switch will you use? Looking for a clear, clean switch (mame's is like over $200). Old Elos floats were made of glass and were beautiful, but easily cracked.

I think i may use a several second delay timer on my apex controller to momentarily pause my return pump after it starts up - it gives the drain time to regain siphon. That and a float switch should hopefully b enough to prevent flooding.

I got two float switches today, they look exactly like the mame design ones except I will have to design my own holder.. that and their grey instead of white!

I found the venturi air hose pulling itself out so i zip tied them down.. the mame over flow is very nice

but it is is also so prone to problems!

1. pipes un-doing themselves causign a massive flood

2. startup failure causing a flood

3. maintenance? cleaning? I dont even want to start thinknig about this. I'm worried about the venturi holes getting blocked

PS i really like your co co worm

I got two float switches today, they look exactly like the mame design ones except I will have to design my own holder.. that and their grey instead of white!

I found the venturi air hose pulling itself out so i zip tied them down.. the mame over flow is very nice

but it is is also so prone to problems!

1. pipes un-doing themselves causign a massive flood

2. startup failure causing a flood

3. maintenance? cleaning? I dont even want to start thinknig about this. I'm worried about the venturi holes getting blocked

PS i really like your co co worm

inorite, so beautiful, but high maintenance! i'd be very careful whenever u clean the overflow or do water changes, anything that can break siphon.

i'll try and get a better shot of the coco when it's head is out - it's very shy!

That spider sponge is sweet!!! Im going to need to keep an eye out for one.

thx! got mine from divers den. the epizoanthus (the white coral polyps) haven't been out the last few days. maybe 'cause it's too hot - just installed the coolworks microchiller today - hopefully it'll pull the temp down a few degrees.

Nice NPS tank! And you've got a really good variety of NPS corals. How are you feeding them? Do you have a food reactor?

how are you planning on cleaning it? I imagine some vinegar soaks?

i'm hoping i won't have to clean it often- the stock intelligent led light is weaksauce and on only for 5 hrs. i turn on the mystery purple only when company is over or when i want to chill. but yeah, vinegar if the algae doesn't go away with a paper towel.

Nice NPS tank! And you've got a really good variety of NPS corals. How are you feeding them? Do you have a food reactor?

no food reactor. the nps stuff is mostly large polyp, so they don't need a constant supply of food. i feed once or twice daily: reef nutrition phytofeast, oyster feast, mysis feast, arctipods, or rods food and cyclopeeze. fish get combo new life spectrum pellets, blue zoo pellet mix, etc. also reef chili or coral frenzy at nite sometimes. the rhizo gets half a silverside once a week.

i also use the prodibio nano products, and kz sponge power, coral vitalizer, aa lps, and pohl's xtra.

this is beautiful. and isn't the Mag Fox awesome?

:huh: sorry, what's the mag fox?

:huh: sorry, what's the mag fox?

your magnet hose/glass cleaner in the second to last photo. i have one and had been waiting for them to become available for months.

your magnet hose/glass cleaner in the second to last photo. i have one and had been waiting for them to become available for months.

Oh, it's not the mag fox - it's their regular nano mag. I could use the mag fox as i have a mame skimmer whose output hose gets filthy.

The tube in the back is the original air tube for the biorb under gravel filter, which i have got rid of.

This tank would be awesome if you took those fish out.

Thx for your opinion!

Cool!

How much LR did you put in there?

And how did you get the Koralia to stick to the concave side of the BiUbe?

thx! i have about 10 lbs in the display, and 5 lbs in the sump.

the koralia sticks to the side no problem. the suction cup prolly dosen't do much adhering, i think it's mostly the magnets doing the work.

• 1 year later...

Archived