Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dr.Eclipse's swagtastic 20L!

Dr.eclipse

so i geuss i should tell you a lil but about myself. my name is chris. im 14 15 years old, im in high school, have no job and love fish keeping. that pretty much sums it up..

current FTS 20L

photo37-1.jpg

20 gallon long

current parameters

ammonia 0

nitrite 2

nitrate 0

ph 8.4

alk 9.5 dkh

calcium 450

magnesium 1500

filtration

21 pounds of haitian live rock

20 pounds of black Tahitian moon sand

Lighting

sun blaze 24in 4 bulb fixture

Equipment

crp bak-pak protein skimmer Reef Octopus BH 2000 hob skimmer

Hydor Koralia Nano-425 gph

Hydor Koralia Evolution Circulation-750gph

200 watt Fluval glass heater

fish

2 paired true percula clownfish

sand shifting goby-KIA

green spotted mandrian-moved to 55 due it food shortages

2 paired chalk basses added 5/15

inverts

1 pistol shrimp

3 scarlet hermits

1 turbo snail

3 margarita snails

100+ Stomatella snails

coral

1 purple mushrooms

5 green ricordea mushroom

neon green ricordea mushroom

red mushroom

2 heads of frogspawn

dragon eye zoanthid

radioactive dragon eyes zoanthid

purple death zoanthid

nuclear green zoanthid

armor of god zoanthid

war coral

galaxia

acan

red monti cap

tryee emerald mummy eye chalice

rainbow raptor zoanthid

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bleached ):

i didnt know at the time i had let it sit at the bottom up the tank for awhile before moving it up.

update!

got a rock with 2 ricordea yuma for 10$ from my lfs.

pictures later.

Tank is looking good. Do you go to BRK or Aquatic Obsessions?

mostly brk because there cool, but Aquatic Obsessions has waaaaaay better prices

edit: got the yumas from Aquatic Obsessions hence why i got them so cheap.

captainbastard
im 14 years old

That explains all the smart ass replies to threads you post :P Tanks lookin good, any reason you went with black sand

That explains all the smart ass replies to threads you post :P Tanks lookin good, any reason you went with black sand

yeah hahha.

i went with it because it looks sexy and i had a bunch of it left over from my african cichlid tank

Welcome to the budget reefing club. Just a heads up it doesn't really get any better for about...well I'm 22 now so if you go to college...8 years from now give or take.

Still the tank looks good. It's great to be able to find frags for cheap.

yeah, id really like to get a job, i need to upgrade my lights and id love to get an mp20. but thoses are far from reach with no funding haahaha

thanks man.

i cant find my flippin camera battery changer, so i cant get any pictures of the new coral.

but trust me the favia is so hot!

update! new fish! spotted green mandarin. pics!

at mah lfs

photo1.jpg

in my tank floating

photo3.jpg

is it weird for then to sit in the display? because mine is just chillin in the display. its pretty sweet.

Did you do any research before getting the mandarin? I seem to recall they have specific feeding needs.

I hope it does well,there very pretty fish.

update!

got a rock with 2 ricordea yuma for 10$ from my lfs.

pictures later.

EDIT: picture!!!!

cameronsfish029.jpg

If your ric Yumas are any thing like mine... each head can get up to 4 inches in diameter or more.. They look awesome when they get that big.

dont have one! D: my dad lost the camera charger and my parents took my phone(grades..spend too much time on reefin :D) and i keep forgetting to ask for my brother for his iphone.

If your ric Yumas are any thing like mine... each head can get up to 4 inches in diameter or more.. They look awesome when they get that big.

unfortunately ones not doing to good, i have no idea why. its all shriveled and the other is open. i dont think its gonna make it.. ):

That sucks... it doesn't look like it is melting away does it? If not, you still may have a chance with it.

Mine like a slightly shaded area on the sand bed as opposed to any where else in the tank.

That's a bit strange..

I would suggest putting it in an slightly shaded area of the tank, and if you have lugol's solution, dose a little bit of that as per the directions. It should help a bit.. It is when they look like they are melting or have holes through them that you have to worry.

im gonna try and update all the picture tomorrow. im gonna borrow my brothers bosses camera not sure of the name of it but i know it cost like 6000$ and the lens is another 10000$ he shot pictures for ESPN...i should be able to take some #####in pictures. :D

Archived