post-53023-1328554910_thumb.jpg

post-53023-1328554918_thumb.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
Just picked up ADA 60-F from Giga

Photo1120.jpg

This thing is beautiful. ADA tanks are a work of art.

Plans for this tank are to hang a 4 bulb T-5 light over it

Already have reef keeper lite to manage it

going to get MP-10 for flow

Really want to drill it and put sump under it, got any ideas for a quiet overflow?

MAY use canister filter; either way i will be using Lily pipe for return

currently shopping for stand to put it on but if i cant find one i will just build one

Im going to get some dry rock and come up with a scape for it

For stocking i will be transferring over my two juvi clowns and maybe get a pistol goby pair

it will be a mixed reef but trying to focus mostly on SPS and LPS

Going to be kind of a slow build at first but once my biocube is completely broken down and sold this should really take off

I'm excited to see another 60-F get going :happy:

teamschreiba
Your one of my inspirations along with rehypes

Thanks man! I'm glad I could provide you inspiration and look forward to following this build.

What do you guys put under your rimless tanks? i see your supposed to put a mat under them, i see the ADA garden mat but is there something i can buy at hardware store or fabric store that will work?

HecticDialectics
Really want to drill it and put sump under it, got any ideas for a quiet overflow?

Herbie overflow... dead quiet.

doppelganger
What do you guys put under your rimless tanks? i see your supposed to put a mat under them, i see the ADA garden mat but is there something i can buy at hardware store or fabric store that will work?

anything will do really as long as it can equally spread the weight. many ppl use yoga mats as well.

*edit* whoops forgot to say I'm excited to see this take off! =)

Yeah i got a yoga mat im gonna cut piece off to fit. But still cant find a stand... but i think im going to get some nice dry rock in next few days so i can start my scape

• 2 weeks later...

i cant decide on lights... i dont know if i should get 4 bulb fishneedit t5's and put elbows on walls and hang it from them. or copy teamshreiba and put flood light on wall with 2 par30s (maybe 38's if i go that route)

I am having trouble deciding because if i get the fishneedit im going to want to get new bulbs (bulbs~$80+shipping) so over $200 with equipment and everything to hang

If i get 2 par30's ($75 each) so hung total cost about $170 (im not ever sure par30's would be enough may need par38's)

And PAR bulbs make me a little uneasy because some people dont like them because of growth and color reasons: so that makes me kinda nervous about going that route

any input ?:wacko:

i cant decide on lights... i dont know if i should get 4 bulb fishneedit t5's and put elbows on walls and hang it from them. or copy teamshreiba and put flood light on wall with 2 par30s (maybe 38's if i go that route)

I am having trouble deciding because if i get the fishneedit im going to want to get new bulbs (bulbs~$80+shipping) so over $200 with equipment and everything to hang

If i get 2 par30's ($75 each) so hung total cost about $170 (im not ever sure par30's would be enough may need par38's)

And PAR bulbs make me a little uneasy because some people dont like them because of growth and color reasons: so that makes me kinda nervous about going that route

any input ?:wacko:

what's wrong with the colors on par38s? mine kicks ass and looks awesome!!! too soon to tell how the growth is though.

what's wrong with the colors on par38s? mine kicks ass and looks awesome!!! too soon to tell how the growth is though.

not the color from the bulb but what color the coral is under them. there are threads on here if u read ppl get rid of par bulbs because they didnt like the color there corals were under them and didnt see much growth. BUT there is also threads of ppl that love them and get good growth and color :eek:

not the color from the bulb but what color the coral is under them. there are threads on here if u read ppl get rid of par bulbs because they didnt like the color there corals were under them and didnt see much growth. BUT there is also threads of ppl that love them and get good growth and color :eek:

Oh, lol well MOST of my corals look really nice under the par38s. I like the pars because with the T5s, I had lots of light spill out into the room and made my room look blue. lol.

I say go for T5's but hey thats just me...

well seeing as how your one of my inspirations for this and a person that switched from LEDs to t5's

Why do u recommend t5's over LED?

• 2 weeks later...

Tank has been and will be on hold a lil longer. I blew my motor in my car and dont have a job so desperately trying to find a new one. so once that whole mess is sorted out. This will be alive

Ok, so I have an idea for your overflow issue....can you have an overflow w/o having to drill? IMT, yes...I dont know if this is correct but just something to think about. What is you get a custom made overflow, clear acrylic to blend in with the tank, and glue it to the corner of your tank. Then have some tubing or lily pipes atached inside of the overflow...or you know what would work even better...and acrilyc pipe or something sof that sort. You have the acrylic pipe in the overflow and when the pipe ends you have some sort of container with a strong pump sucking water from the overflow chamber. Kind of like how the AC filters work. You know? then in that contaner you have a drain to your sump then you have a return pump with lily pipes. Does that make any since? Can you visuleize it? I think it could work. I thought of this because the thought of drilling as beautiful tank as that is just horifing. Tell me what you think.... MD

• 6 months later...

Archived