Top Shelf Aquatics

My 40B

gabe_j

so i had to take down the ADA R.I.P. because there was a chip in the corner.

Tank:

aqueon 40Breeder

Stand:

2x4 framing till i get an angle iron one welded up for me.

Lighting:

250 watt 14k hamilton powered by an icecap ballast

2x24 geisseman actinics (1 actinic+, 1 pure actinic)

1 36" pure actinic

Flow:

Vortech MP10-ES

2 250gph pumps( i need to upgrade these to some koralia's)

Filtration:

CPR bakpak skimmer

BRS Media Reactor with subcurrent overflow mod.

40-50# of LR

Dosing: NONE

Tropic Marin Salt.

Fish:

2 ORA clowns (1 black/1 standard)

1 Mandarin

5 Blue-green Chromis

1 female Bangaii Cardinal

Coral:

too many to list.

CUC:

from Reefcleaners.org

also too much to list.

now i rushed it all into a 40breeder, and this is what i wound up with.

right1.jpg

left.jpg

fts2-1.jpg

fts.jpg

flashright.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

55.jpg

52.jpg

51.jpg

47.jpg

44.jpg

40.jpg

30.jpg

20.jpg

17-1.jpg

15-2.jpg

14-2.jpg

13-1.jpg

12-3.jpg

11-3.jpg

9-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

1-1.jpg

thanks folks!

if all goes as planned i may get an ADA 55-C about a 48 gallon perfect cube. it should be oh so nice. man i need to update all the tank stats. lol apparently i was really lazy last night.

When my acans grow up they want to look like yours!!!! Those are sick.

Rest of the tank looks great too.

lol thanks man. you want any ive 23 different ones... ok 21 i may lose two to some unknow thing they just shrunk up. all my sticks are doing fine so who knows.

• 1 month later...

Are you still looking to add some koralias? I see an MP10 in there? That's all I have in my tank and it seems alright.

Regardless your tank makes me droooooool.

Have anymore pictures of the acans?

i'm at work i'll post some when i get home. i lost about 1/2 to low mg. 1000-1100 super lame.

I like the tank and love tha acans as well!!

thanks dood!

Are you still looking to add some koralias? I see an MP10 in there? That's all I have in my tank and it seems alright.

Regardless your tank makes me droooooool.

not yet i'm probably gonna save up for another mp10es... don't tell my wife lol. i did toss in a couple of smaller pumps i had total 450 extra gph.

Wow looks really good gabe!

thanks alot man! your's is doing excellent as well!

updated fts. i've got a couple more but i need to figure out how the hell to take pictures with leds now and i suck at it. but inperson is looks f*cking awesome!

9-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A 40B with a black and white clown.... for some reason I feel I have seen this story before haha

:lol:

Damn you have a lot flow/powerheads in your tank.

the ocean doesn't slow down I say eff the little bastards make them swim!!! lol dood are you rocking the b&w. clown too? I've only got 1 the other is orange but. these dammed LEDs make it a b!tch to photograph at night

I have an occ and the black and white occ. Flip ended up in the big 'nem in the sky (I think he was special) but still have Sheila (the black and white)

I turned my MP10 up to 100% and it pissed 95% of my coral off.

lol that sucks man... the big nem in the sky I love that! not that your fish died but the wording is great.

man I'm effin' tired. talk to you later

Can't take credit for that one ry05coupe came up with that.

and side note (completely off topic) mini dude's sig is just weird. You should tell his mother. :lol:

Oh and also is that a gonipora? I read they were hard to take care of.

wtf he's 12 i was a damn retard when i was 12... ok not really i was a damn genius, but then again i had way too much fun in college.

yeah its a goni, i got it from a local here said it was bleaching out in his tank and he couldn't figure it out so i gave him a frag of my tabling acro and we called it even. lol but the moment it hit my tank (after sitting in my office all day.) it started opening up and the green was showing off real nice so i'm not sure what was wrong with it really?i did dose some fish heads phyto so i dunno if that triggered a feeding response of what. but it seems happy on my bb.

It looks cool, I think some people have had clowns host it.

I am toying with getting a RBTA for my tank. Im nervous that it's going to move along and leave a wake of dead frags in it's path.

feed it alot and they tend to stay still. i ####ed up and slowed down on the feedings... bad idea. but hey now i got a nice new rescape... dick.

I tend to overfeed my coral anyhow haha. I just don't know where I could put it that it would be happiest.

I'll have to do a site survey haha.

Thanks for the advice. Think I am going to pull the trigger and get one now. Here's hoping my clown and it become the best of friends. And quickly. It'd be different to not see her sleeping by the magfloat though.

chrisjj625

Wow tanks looks awesome. No sump? whats the water change schedule like? Love what you have done seriously tank is awesome.

Archived