Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BEWARE of Reef scavengers

thecowkid

I was interested in hearing if this is a rare case or just usual business practice.

I placed an order on the Feb 15. Informed that order would be processed and shipped within two days. Obviously those two days have come and gone a few times over. I've sent an email 2 days ago requesting order status and shipping tracking info. No response even though the web site says all emails will be responded to within 48 hrs. No luck there either.

Whats ya'll thoughts?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you were buying a clean up crew you should have went with reefcleaners great company to do business with, and I wont look anywhere else for my clean up crew needs.

I know. But a friend had credit with RS so he wanted to use that first. John is top dog with his cuc's. I've ordered from him many times and have been nothing but pleased with the transactions.

I ordered from them a long time ago when I first got into the hobby. I had a few things doa and they never helped me out. They basically pretended my emails weren't there.

I was recommended to them from a friend who had great customer service with them. Apparently they went under new ownership and haven't been the same since.

That's my experience with them anyway... :unsure:

Hum. Good to know. I just got an email from them stating they didnt wanna send orders up north due to cold temps this week. Last week it was in the 70's when I placed the orders. It was in the 60's Monday and Tuesday this week. I call BS. Someone needs to check the weather b4 they reply. This will be my last order and I have yet to recieve the stuff.

Finally got a bs reply

---------- Original Message ----------

To: <rc10t2@juno.com>

Subject: Re:

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:46:12 -0400

Joshua,

Thank you for contacting us. Our apologies for the delay, we did not

want to ship up north this week due to the cold temperatures, to avoid

unnecessary livestock losses. We will get your order out early next

week. You will receive an email with tracking number on the day it

ships.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation

My reply

Thank you for the reply. I understand the concerns of shipping in cold weather. On the other side of the situation KY, Tenn, southern Ind, and Ohio didnt see any cold temps around the order time. Last week it was in the 70's when I placed the orders. It was in the 60's Monday and Tuesday this week. Next week will be colder than the present day temps. Thus presenting more concerns. If you had no intentions of shipping the order and knew this. Then it would have been nice to at least recieved an email explaining the concerns you were having and what actions you were planning on taking and when. You have to see my concern. The funds charged for the order were removed from my acct on the 16th. Less than 24 hours after placing the order. Eight days later, following two e-mails I get a response trying to explain the lack of shipping. In conclusion I ask you what if any thing will be done to rectify the problems. Free shipping, discounts, would be appreciated. All of the concerns that I have are enough to make one want to cancel the order. I will not do this. In respect to you. Thus allowing you to make the situation right.

Thank you

Joshua Pickett

Aquatic Acrylic Works

Believe it or not RS.com has yet to reply to the above email. I've sent it two them twice. Just from their lack of concern I STRONGLY advise everyone to go any other place to conduct their business.

I tend to agree with you on your situation. I don't think the vendor is really at FAULT for anything other then piss poor communication.

I do see the concerns about the livestock.. but a simple email would solve the issue..

A side note - It may have been out of stock and they were reluctant to let you know and had you order anyway.

I tend to agree with you on your situation. I don't think the vendor is really at FAULT for anything other then piss poor communication.

I do see the concerns about the livestock.. but a simple email would solve the issue..

A side note - It may have been out of stock and they were reluctant to let you know and had you order anyway.

Either way...as you said a simple email would have solved the issue. Now they are not replying at all. I believe it may be time to email them a link to this thread. What do you think. Wait and see, or email it?

I just can not understand in this day and age of technology, a seller that does not communicate with the buyer. Unfortunately, I think this happens way too often. As a matter of fact, I read here on N-R where buyers get no communication from sellers. It happened to me with a N-R sponsor recently, but I'm not gonna name names.

I feel the same way. I may be a bit slow to reply to a request. But once $$ has exchanged hands. I am all for the customer. Business today is scary enough, but factor in business over the web.. Communication is number one. It is inexcusable.

i think you do need to name names. bad business is bad business in a free capitalist society, regardless if you give money to this forum. if you don't please the customer, everyone should know. Better business?

sorry back on topic.

I thank cow for this post, because i was liking the prices and they have some things that RC doesn't have. shame but i refuse to do business with a small company who only ships online, meaning they don't have a shop to deal with on top of web orders, only overhead is email..........................use it.................

I thank cow for this post, because i was liking the prices and they have some things that RC doesn't have. shame but i refuse to do business with a small company who only ships online, meaning they don't have a shop to deal with on top of web orders, only overhead is email..........................use it.................

Glad to help.

....................Hey I only do online business. I dont have a store..... :P

For what it's worth, I had an order for last week also, which was going to ship on Monday. The company called and said they would not be shipping because of the cold and ended up shipping on Thursday for Friday. Different company, but saltwater stock.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. There's no room for any sympathy for this retailer in this situation. They were eager enough to promptly take his money, but don't have time or common courtesy to respond to email??? BOYCOTT, I SAY!!!

By god, if it's good enough for Egypt, it's good enough for me!

Yep I used paypal. But paypal from my back acct. So for some reason they history isnt showing anything. I could be fu(ked.

Start the boycott

Archived