ReefCleaners.org

Boyt's 29g Biocube HQI. No more EcoBAK!

NU2REEFIN

I finally decided to take the time to start a tank thread. I started with a 14g Biocube in August of 2009 with the misconceptions that "the lights are fine", "the tank is big enough" etc.etc.etc. I upgrade to the 29g Biocube HQi in September of 2010 and love it. Now to the tank, pics taken with I-Phone sorry.

Tank:

29g Biocube HQI w/Phoenix 14k 150 watt bulb

R2 led moonlights

25 lbs Arag-alive sand

40 lbs live rock.

Equipment:

Vortech MP10

Maxi-jet 1200 return pump

Reefkeeper Lite controller w/temp and PH probe

Chamber 1

Aquaticlife 115 protein skimmer added 3-11-11.

Filtration in chamber 2:

In-Tank media basket w/filter floss, Chemipure Elite and Purigen.

In-Tank Fuge with Chaeto lit by JBJ nano led.

[u]2 Nextreef MR1 Shortys: 1 with EcoBAK pellets. 2 with carbon and Phosguard, water pushed by 1 RIO 1100 pump.[/u]

Now running Rowaphos and carbon in the Nextreef shortys.

Live stock:

1 Percula Clown

1 Cleaner shrimp

COCO Worm

Various hermits and snails.

McCoskers Flasher Wrasse 3-12-11

2 Sexy shrimp 4-21-11

Corals

About 20 Ricordea (all from Coralmorphologic), Rainbow Acans

Yellow tip torch, Dendros

Frogspawn, Orange Monti Cap

Green Slimer, Green Birdsnest

[u]ORA Red planet,[/u] 2 Sweet Scolymias

Green Fungia, Miami Hurricane Chalice

Baby Girl Chalice, Grandis Palythoas

Sunset Monti (my favorite), Tyree Purple Haze

Mummy Eye Chalice, Bubble Gum Chalice

Various other SPS, Purple Hornet Zoas

Meteor Shower Cyphastrea, PINK/GREEN BTA

post-49421-1298345664_thumb.jpg

post-49421-1298345715_thumb.jpg

post-49421-1298345734_thumb.jpg

post-49421-1298345993_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice looking tank! I really like that ric garden. Chance you could get a closer picture of that?

You should use photobucket and upload your pictures using the generated .img code, much easier and they look a lot nicer in the post.

Crappy pics of Nextreef system.

Do you have the return line on one of your nexreefs feed into the second one and the return on that goes back to the tank?

That is exactly how I did it. I used 3/4" black pond tubing for the main in and return line, with a ball valve in-line with the reactors so they can be isolated to change/refill the filter media. I will try to get better pictures so you can see how I have it plumbed.

That is exactly how I did it. I used 3/4" black pond tubing for the main in and return line, with a ball valve in-line with the reactors so they can be isolated to change/refill the filter media. I will try to get better pictures so you can see how I have it plumbed.

Yeah thanks. I would definitely be interested in seeing some more pics of how you have that set up. You may have inspired me to do something similar. Are you running ecobak pellets and GFO?

I am running Ecobak in the first and carbon and Phosgard in the second.

I have noticed since adding this system, my Alk has dropped from about 8.0 to about 6.5 according to Salifert anyways. My SPS do show some stress and I would assume this is why as everything else is good. I have a Hanna meter for Alk being delivered Monday to make my dosing and testing easier.

Nice looking tank! I really like that ric garden. Chance you could get a closer picture of that?

You should use photobucket and upload your pictures using the generated .img code, much easier and they look a lot nicer in the post.

ACANS2-21-11.jpg

The needs to wrap around the link. On your photo album page, if you put your mouse over a picture, you will have four code options: Share & IM, Direct Link, HTML code, and IMG code. Click on the IMG code and it will say "copied". Go to your post and paste the copied code using "ctrl+v" or right click and click paste. That should fix the problem

Awesome garden and thanks for the close up.

Your tank looks awesome. I love the HQI, how is the Tunze 9002 workin' for you?

Here is another attempt at the Photobucket thingy, Thanks MSU for the help.

FTS3-3-11.jpg

Thanks! The Tunze is in chamber 3 and works great there. Very nice tank you have there too!!

Very nice looking tank, glad you got the pics figured out, you can go back and edit the one above to fix the ric picture

15 eyed Miami Hurricane chalice w/ 5 new eyes popping up after 1 week of feeding H2O life reef caviar. :o

MiamiHurr3-12-11.jpg

Awesome chalice. How did you get all of your rics to stay in one place?

Thanks. My rics actually all came with a small amount of rubble on the bottom, so I just glued them to a few small rocks and arranged the rocks.

Archived