IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

soo ....check out my new workshop ...i call it the living room :huh:

i need to have this mess turned into a canopy and light fixture within the next day or so before my gf kills me haha

IMG_0262.jpg

just about done with the leds

IMG_0261-1.jpg

Cycle started with pure ammonia 2-11

IMG_0263.jpg

yea ive always wanted one but hesitant because of the hell they bring to your sandbed lol....i plan on building a pvc home for it. i already ordered the barnacle cluster so i guess i have pretty much made up my mind to get the jawfish and a sandbed

finished the fixture, just need to wire everything but i need my apex to come in. i originally planned for two t5's but they would be way to close to the leds and looks like they would block the leds spread to much. i wanted to use two different color bulbs in the front, so if one t5 doesnt block the leds too much i may put the other t5 in

IMG_0270.jpg

soo i went out and got a potentiometer to set my drivers, because i will not be able to set them once i have them in the box wired up. just a little teaser pic

IMG_0271.jpg

It's so much fun playing with the LEDs for the first time after mounting them to the frame. I just hope you have some sort of eye protection...I burned my eyes a little too much when I built mine.

lol i know huh....i lit my living room up a bunch a times watching the intensity. i had the optics on pointing straight up so it wasnt so bad on the eyes haha

a little better pics of the tank

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

skimmer came in....this thing is built pretty nicely and i love that i can tune the water level and the air flow. cant wait to get it running

IMG_0275.jpg

this is while i was in process, but the meanwells are wired up now

IMG_0272.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
CBernhardt23
IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

looks good IF you dont mind me asking, where did u get the DIY led kit? And which did you choose? I, thinking about doing it to my 40 gallon breeder. Thanks!

Archived