Pod Your Reef

Show off your breeding setups

dylan1464

my breeding set up will start in a few weeks..so im trying to gather ideas and maybe pics. im wondering what set up works best and i appreciate all the advice i can get. also wondering if you plumped the baby tank with the tank where the breeding pairs are housed. seems like i gather enough info only the only thing im still skeptical about the the actual breeding system

thanks

my breeding set up will start in a few weeks..so im trying to gather ideas and maybe pics. im wondering what set up works best and i appreciate all the advice i can get. also wondering if you plumped the baby tank with the tank where the breeding pairs are housed. seems like i gather enough info only the only thing im still skeptical about the the actual breeding system

thanks

ill have pics up by friday, should be done by then, picking up my broadstock tank tommorrow!! cant wait!!!

Ty didn't you have a tank thread that went a year before the tank got water in it?

Those are sweet though - look like something out of a Petco.

few quick shots of my little setup. custom acrylic 4 chamber 44g tank all black sides and dividers and with each their own overflow and return.

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

20g divided up top.

IMG_0489.jpg

few quick shots of my little setup. custom acrylic 4 chamber 44g tank all black sides and dividers and with each their own overflow and return.

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

20g divided up top.

IMG_0489.jpg

looking good eric... i got a similar setup, just upgraded my tanks and will pick up new system tommorrow, im excited,,, my female picasso is doing alot better but i lost a black and white female, and 2 snowflakes mad but at least picasso looks better,,, nice pics keep them coming!!!

ill have pics up by friday, should be done by then, picking up my broadstock tank tommorrow!! cant wait!!!

cant wait to see it!

This is as far as I've gotten....

IMG_0167.jpg

still further then me :mellow:

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

20g divided up top.

IMG_0489.jpg

john does great work! hes currently building 4 tanks for me right now but i wont be using them for the breeding set up. your breeding tanks are the nicest ive seen online and i even had john price me out a tank just like yours (so jealous). are your grow out tanks and fry tanks plumped all together. right now my current pairs are sanjays, snowflake, platinums, black onyx, true percs, fancy white, picasso grade a and b

how is the breeding going for you so far?

Ty didn't you have a tank thread that went a year before the tank got water in it?

Those are sweet though - look like something out of a Petco.

Why does everyone bring that up. Can't a guy that was working full time and going to college and having a kid while trying to build a tank get a break lol. Seriously though, I have too many hobbies but my wife is behind me 199% on everything I do so it helps. They are actually old walmart tanks that a local reefer "donated" to me. If breeding works out then I will have some new tanks built when I build my house this year or next.

Yall need to lay off Ty. Ever since he switched from duct tape to that new Gorilla tape he has never been the same. I tell you what. The next tank I build for him I'll include the water. But shipping is gonna be a booger.

john does great work! hes currently building 4 tanks for me right now but i wont be using them for the breeding set up. your breeding tanks are the nicest ive seen online and i even had john price me out a tank just like yours (so jealous). are your grow out tanks and fry tanks plumped all together. right now my current pairs are sanjays, snowflake, platinums, black onyx, true percs, fancy white, picasso grade a and b

how is the breeding going for you so far?

thx! i went into doing some planning before i bought stuff. How did you know John buit them? hehe he made me a 20x20x20 cube also. great work, i wish he was on the east coast so it would save me in shipping. hehe

i dont have any growout tanks setup yet because they only been in the tanks for 2 months. i will set that up next month with a few 10g and some 20g tanks.

Sanjay has some nice fish. i met him over the weekend at a local frag swap. If i didnt already have a Rods Onyx pair, i would have snagged a photon from him. very nice guy.

Rudy, sorry for your loss bro, mine are like a dog or cat. its hurts when you loose one. can you tell which pair are the ones you sold me? hehe (hint: 2nd in from the right. hehe)

nanoty, i actually envy your tanks and setup. 1 the were free and my tank cost me $400, and 2nd a ton of less work to get them ready. i actually tried for a few months to fins some like yours locally before i went with a custom tank. great start on breeding you have.

thx! i went into doing some planning before i bought stuff. How did you know John buit them? hehe he made me a 20x20x20 cube also. great work, i wish he was on the east coast so it would save me in shipping. hehe

i dont have any growout tanks setup yet because they only been in the tanks for 2 months. i will set that up next month with a few 10g and some 20g tanks.

Sanjay has some nice fish. i met him over the weekend at a local frag swap. If i didnt already have a Rods Onyx pair, i would have snagged a photon from him. very nice guy.

Rudy, sorry for your loss bro, mine are like a dog or cat. its hurts when you loose one. can you tell which pair are the ones you sold me? hehe (hint: 2nd in from the right. hehe)

nanoty, i actually envy your tanks and setup. 1 the were free and my tank cost me $400, and 2nd a ton of less work to get them ready. i actually tried for a few months to fins some like yours locally before i went with a custom tank. great start on breeding you have.

just by looking at the tank i can tell john did it. i can spot his work from a mile away hes built plenty of tanks for me the latest tank he built was my 60x30x16 1" thick i love his work. where in PA are you how far are you from binghamton? im about 2 hours from there...is sanjay local to you also i would love to meet him in person..my photons are doing great in my 90g display

i admired this setup when you bought it and now i am going to try and clean up and make my setup more compact. i would probably go with a six chamber though. definately have to get individual returns and drains. in my eyes they are a must.

what are the dims on your tank and can you pm me the guys info

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

20g divided up top.

IMG_0489.jpg

could you give me a explanation of how your system is plumb and what tanks are for what

thanks

the tanks all drain into a common sump(55g). they are all 20g highs except the last tank in the line which is a 40 breeder. the main pump is a hammerhead all tanks are driller with 1" bulkheads and pipe is the expanded to a 2" common drain. the water supply you can see in the middle tier and is done the same way up top

• 1 month later...

bump?? :huh:

i can add something. i am getting a 75g tank for a sump and another tank like my main tank is on its way. so i will have 8 total chambers.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived