Innovative Marine Aquariums

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

Current FTS

DSCN7016.jpg

Below is the start of my original build log:

Well I guess it's time to start looking to my next setup since I have retired my 12'er.

Still putting together all the equipment, but here is what is planned or has been ordered:

Equipment:

ADA 60-P rimless 18 gallon 24x12x14

Vortech MP-10 ES

25lbs Marco rubble rock

AquaIllumination Super Blue Sol LED light

AquaIllumination LED Controller

Custom acrylic sump with built in turf scrubber

Sicce Syncra 2.0 return/turf pump

Reef Octopus XP1000 SSS skimmer

As always, gravity fed ATO from 55g drump in the garage

Hoping to grout the bar this weekend along with getting my sump started...

The stand from my 12'er has been converted into a bar, I finished tiling about 12:15 last night, still have some minor work to finish then seal, and then grout. The new tank will be setup on the end of the bar near the support column.

2011-01-05111134.jpg

2011-01-19233421.jpg

2011-01-19233403.jpg

2011-01-20082541.jpg

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm jelly of your countertop.

Thanks, I think...

subscribed :)

Thanks!

HUH? What happened to the 12'er?

Where have you been??? Link in my sig...

yah, wait what?

Yep, see above. ;)

FedEx just dropped off a nice little present...

2011-01-20134720.jpg

2011-01-20134737.jpg

It was a combination of things, but ultimately I was getting conflicting equipment in the same room. I couldn't watch movies without my lights blocking my projector, and the lights were too bright when they were down low enough. Rather than doing yet another lighting change I felt it was time to just go smaller. I won't lie, 1hr glass cleaning did help in the decision making...

OISEE

Very sad to see the 12 footer go, but also excited about your new project. I'm kinda surprised you didn't build another long shallow acrylic tank that wasn't quite so big. Did you keep anything from the 12' that is going in this one?

FedEx just dropped off a nice little present...

2011-01-20134720.jpg

So I glanced at this pic and the tile looked like floor tiling and my first thought was holy crap that vortech is huge lol,

OISEE

Cool.

Very sad to see the 12 footer go, but also excited about your new project. I'm kinda surprised you didn't build another long shallow acrylic tank that wasn't quite so big. Did you keep anything from the 12' that is going in this one?

No I've been wanting to take a stab at an ADA for a while now... Not a thing was kept except the dosing pumps and not sure I'm going to use them for anything other than dripping rotifers into grow out tanks... That is if I can get some little ones.

So I glanced at this pic and the tile looked like floor tiling and my first thought was holy crap that vortech is huge lol,

LOL

NIIICCEEE! I'll add you to the list...

Cool.

this will be gooooood. :)

I hope so...

Don't know if you've owned a ADA before but your in for a treat. I just got a 60-F and look at this-don't mind the sand and bad pic:

dscn5074.jpg

And the book they send with it is AWESOME

+1 ^^^
doesnt look like the edge of the tank is touching the table. you should get a rubber mat.

The tank was half hanging off the table so I was holding and taking the picture. it sits flat and I already have a ADA mat lol

Subscribed.

Cool

ohhhhh chit! Calvin is at it again! i cant wait to see this one! whooot whooot! :naughtydance:

LOL can't wait either. ;)

Don't know if you've owned a ADA before but your in for a treat. I just got a 60-F and look at this-don't mind the sand and bad pic:

dscn5074.jpg

And the book they send with it is AWESOME

I've not owned one but I've seen enough of them to want one. Can't wait for it to get here.

Good choice. ;)

I'm considering one of these for my big tank.

I know they say it is rated for a 125 , but I really have a hard time with that... The pump only pushes 125gph which if I'm running 10x turn over through my sump (180 gph), not all the water of my 18 gallon is making it into the skimmer before it is sent back to the tank... ???

I know they say it is rated for a 125 , but I really have a hard time with that... The pump only pushes 125gph which if I'm running 10x turn over through my sump (180 gph), not all the water of my 18 gallon is making it into the skimmer before it is sent back to the tank... ???

I have no idea. :mellow:

I usually use air draw numbers as an indicator of what size tank it'll handle.

My general rule of thumb has been about 30-40scfh per 100 gallons.

Not so that it won't/wouldn't work but, I don't think rating skimmers based on water flow really holds up.. i'm running a 1200 gph pump on 100g tank, for about 10x turn over so I would need a skimmer rated for 1200 gallons? How many successful 100g tanks run skimmers rated for 1200 gallons?

Think you mis-understood me... Here is an example of what I was trying to say:

ASM G1 is supposedly rated for 100 gallons (way over rated, more like 50 gallons) and it has a Sedra 2500 which is 250 gph pump...

Just re-read the rating and they have the Air Intake listed at 125gph not water flow... What the heck is that??? Who measure air intake in GPH?

Just re-read the rating and they have the Air Intake listed at 125gph not water flow... What the heck is that??? Who measure air intake in GPH?

Engrish speakers. ;)

Archived