inTank Media Baskets

Chris's 40b

cdr5y7

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks. never really built anything like that before but my buddy let me borrow his nail gun so i figured miswell go all out.

the lower section, the top slides off and thats where my ATO will be housed.

Good lord! I am totally ATTEMPTING to copy your totally awesome stand! +1 on the question if you bought the doors. Hell even buying em doesn't sound like a bad idea!

thanks everyone, i made the doors with the extra wood we have left over. not the best looking doors but they work. and if you want me to pm you more pics or anything let me know be glad to give you all the info with building it.

i will say it did get tricky because i wanted the 2x4s to be flush. so we have to drill a hole into the 2x4 and then use 3" deck screws to attach the boards together.

plus with the birch tops and sides it did almost cost what you can buy one for.

but it was an awesome experience and glad i did it.

also picked up 60# of sand tonight, my light should be here Tuesday and return pump on Thursday so should have everything transferred over from my NC to here next weekend.

right now found a decent price on a 250w MH with 2x39w T5. but i have a buddy who imports and is trying to get a LED order in, so once that happens might switch to leds but this way i have a back up just in case.

got my inky box installed and ready for sand and my pump next week. hopefully i can transfer everything over in next couple weeks.

6e3b6796.jpg

5eb5cf12.jpg

I could stare at your setup for hours... I just hope mine turns out even half as awesome as yours. How'd you run the sump lines in the back? Or rather how do you plan to?

well right now the plan is having the lower 90deg being the main drain and that will have a ball valve to restrict the flow. then the second is a emergency drain.

and leds im not sure. have the MH being the main lighting right now and if we get a good deal on the leds might transition to that.

thanks for all the compliments. will have a few more updates in the days to come.

Suweet I am using your tank for inspiration and ideas. I may copy your shelf idea just in case I decide to plumb a frag tank into my setup. Hopefully you don't mind.

by all means go ahead. glad you like it. if you need dimensions or anything let me know. should have a few more updated photos tonight. will keep you guys posted.

thanks, how do you like your new Eshops skimmer? still trying to decide what skimmer i want to get.

been looking at the reef octopus NWB 110, but still don't know.

maybe so but it A- saves me on salt. and B-will make the transition from my NC to the new tank a little easier once everything is moved.

I ended up getting the Bubble Magus NAC6, I'm a little worried now as it need 8.5" of water to operate and I was planning on running a 20L as a sump. It was a bit pricier thant the Eshopps model ($175 shipped) but I have yet to see any back comments about it! It may end up working out perfectly however!

Archived