Coral Vue Hydros

Peewee1467's Drippin' Wet ADA 60P LED Reef

peewee1467

I'm a SUPERRRRR broke kid that spends all his money on corals and fish. I'm going to attempt to set up a little reef in my room that I will be satisfied with. I've had a few tanks before but I wasn't completely happy with it. I hope this will be a very fun experience for me. The more help and posts from you guys the better. Fell free to ask questions and give suggestions, pleaseeeeee! I hope you enjoy this build.

FTS 1/23/11

197847_144583162274986_100001699108569_261966_3482684_n.jpg

Tank Specs

• ADA 60P Aquarium
  • Tek 4x24 watt T5
  • Marineland stealth 50 watt heater
  • Koralia 2
  • Eshopps Nano Overflow
  • 20 gallon high DIY sump
  • RIO 1200 Return pump

Fish

• 1x Percula Clownfish
  • 1x Algae Blenny
  • 3x Bangai Cardinal

Corals

• Armour of God palythoa
  • Nuclear green palythoa
  • Grandis Palythoa
  • Lunar Eclipse Palythoa
  • Candy apple red zoanthid
  • Tubbs blue zoanthid
  • Lithium Chalice
  • ORA Verde Acropora
  • ORA Green Damicornis
  • Pokerstar Monitpora
  • Tyree Sunset Montipora

Inverts

• 3x Sexy shrimps
  • ORA gold Maxima clam
  • blue legged hermit crabs
  • zebra hermit crabs
  • nassarius snails
  • turban snails

28he8va.jpg

DUN DUN DUN

2e4gh1d.jpg

Stand purchased from Target

2vjo09l.jpg

Fiji pink live sand

Can't tell from the photos, but the rocks are actually really flat and fairly large. I plan on adding a bunch of SPS corals on it. I also want lots of Acans and Chalices on the sand bed & zoas and palythoas around the bottom of the rocks.

The tank is filled up right now with a Koralia 2 Powerhead. It rattles like crazy and i plan on replacing it with a Vortech MP10.

Credits to Steezy for the photographs

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThatCollegeReefer

Blinded by the light. And the wetness lol. Rockscape is fun. Looks like a wave rushing to crush the other side of the tank!

Good Godly Greatness.....that could quite possibly the most beautiful sight i have ever layed these eyes upon... Stunning...simply Stunning!

ThatCollegeReefer
I don't think anybody out of the bay would know what hellla means or even wet. Nice Start get some water in it.

Oh yah, hey der up er in Escanaba in da Moonlight we's be totally on top o all dat Hollywood slang, eh!

Oh yah, hey der up er in Escanaba in da Moonlight we's be totally on top o all dat Hollywood slang, eh!

AAhhahahahhaha :lol:

!!! Send me your driftwood.

No way!!! hahaha. I de-rimmed a standard ten gallon and everything is planted in there now lol. My buddy gave me a free 39 watt power compact fixture and everything is doing great besides my faulty stealth heater. I woke up one morning and the water was straight up steaming in my room. water must've been in the 90's. All the fish died and plants surprisingly survived. Since im dead broke, im going to purchase a new one from petco and return my old one that ive had for only a few months. :rant:

looks clean.

Whatca gonna do about filtration?

No ADA stand?

Filtration

Option one:

Just have quality liverock and good flow. Maybe throw in an HOB skimmer from time to time.

Option two:

Take advantage of the Petco dollar per gallon sale and purchase either a 20 gallon high or 29 gallon tank and turn it into a refugium/sump and buy a decent skimmer in the future. But I'll have to live with a little overflow. The Refugium will have to sit on the side of my tank on a little table because my stand is a cheap 3 ft. high book shelf that i purchased from Target for under $100. I actually like the idea of having a display refugium and possibly use it as a frag tank in the future to reduce the amount of clutter in the display tank.

Option three:

Get a canister filter and fill it with lots of media.

Yeah! I plan on making one this weekend but it's going to be sitting in my room for a while until i can afford an overflow.

mame all glass?

I WISH!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Im probably going to settle for an Eshopps nano for the time being until i save 200 for the overflow. i still need to get an MP10.=[

I would totally wait on the mame overflow.

The eshopps is bigger then it looks.

I wish i could get a mame overflow... i still have to save up for the mp10. I only work twice a week (still in school) and i have to pay for gas and other necessities.

Update January 4, 2010:

Got my lights mounted on the ceiling. I'm using a TEK 4x24 watt fixture.

Bulb combination:

• ATI Blue +
  • KZ Fiji Purple
  • ATI Aquablue Special
  • ATI Blue +

This is my favorite bulb combination. It's the perfect amount of blue with a beautiful hint of red. It's awesome!

Picture update will be tomorrow. I might be getting some frags this weekend and might place an order with ORA. I'm a really impatient person, LOL. Do you guys think a few SPS frags will be fine in a week and a half? :happy:

Im going to add some zoas and palys this weekend. Do you guys think itd be safe to start adding some SPS frags next week?

It's common to hear people say wait until your tank is 6 months old before adding SPS.

But I have seen people add SPS corals to their tanks way before 6 months.

I would add them but just make sure your water is on point.

yeah, i plan on doing a few more water changes this week.

This weekend im going to get some nukes and maybe tubbs blue. and at the end of next week, hopefully i will have ORA Red Plant, ORA Hawkins Echinata, ORA Borealis, ORA Birds of Paradise, ORA bBretts purple rim monti cap and whatever else that is cool looking.

My buddy just came over to snap a new photos of the tank with water in it. i changed the scape up a little but and it looks better. an update will be coming tonight.

UPDATE JANUARY 06, 2010

Purchased a new heater because my old one nearly boiled the water. I had the regular 50 watt marineland stealth for under a year. I really like the look of them so i went out and bought a marineland stealth PRO. The pro version is much shorter but a little more wide. On the box it says rated for up to 15 gallon tanks but I used the other 50 watt heater on a 40 breeder with no problem.

vkguc.jpg

I'm in love with my bulb combination

2zyva7d.jpg

Current FTS with all the bulbs on:

302awyc.jpg

Just the aqua blue special and fiji purple bulbs on:

2144g08.jpg

I shouldve wiped the glass but i didnt wanna stick my hands in the tank. lol

Archived