Innovative Marine Aquariums

Entendu's 20 Long *New photos 2/5/11

entendu

Started my first saltwater aquarium (20L) recently, after starting up a 55 gallon cichlid tank a year ago. Wanted a new challenge, and here it is thus far.

Hardware

DSC_0533.jpg

* New FTS coming soon

20 Long on kitchen counter

25LB Caribbean LR from LFS

20LB Nature's Ocean Live Sand

2x 240GPH Koralia Nano Powerheads

FishNeedIt 4x24W 30-inch T5HO fixture (1xfishneedit blue, 1xCoralife Actinic Blue, 1xCurrent USA 460nm Actinic blue, 1xCoralife 10k White)

Current USA Lunar LED Moonlights

AquaClear 30 HOB Filter

100W Hydor Theo Heater

Fish and Inverts

DSC_0415.jpg

Maroon Clown Fish (approx. 3") w/ Green Bubble Anemonie (approx 4")

Goby.jpg?t=1294010324

Blue Dot Sleeper Goby (approx. 3")

DSC_0455.jpg

Six Line Wrasse (approx. 1")

DSC_0485.jpg

Coral Beauty Angelfish (approx. 3")

-1x Peppermint Shrimp

-1x Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

-1xEmerald Crab

-1xLarge Featherduster Worm

Clean-up Crew

DSC_0450.jpg

1 Mexican Turbo Snail

2 Nassarius Snails

2 Nerite snails

5 Cerith snails

3 Astrea snails

1 Zebra Turbo snail

2 Cortez hermits

5 Blue Leg hermits

5 Red leg hermit

3 Stomatellas

Coral

-Dragon Eye Zoas

-Eagle Eye Zoas

-Pink Zoas

-Toxic Zoas

-Xenia

-Kenya Tree

-Favia

-Galaxia

-Orange Ricordia

-Green Mushrooms

-Green Hairy Mushrooms

-Mellow Yellow Palys

-Armor of God Palys

-Frogspawn

-Green Goniopora

-Red Candy Cane Coral

-Gorilla Nip Zoas

-Green Star Polyp

-Fire and Ice Zoas

Let me know whatcha think.

• 1 month later...

I did hit a bit of a snag when I upgraded my light fixture a few weeks ago.

I originally had a Solarmax HE 2x24 w/ moonlights that just wasn't promoting growth. However, I recently upgraded to a FishNeedIt 4x24watt 30-inch fixture. The light is brilliant, however, I have had an outbreak of algae.

While I've been enjoying seeing Coraline algae start to grow, the green hair algae has not been so enjoyable.

I've been doing manual removal of the GHA and purchased a turbo snail to try and take care of it, however, to prevent a future outbreak can anyone suggest a lighting schedule? (I have 3xblue and 1x14k White.)

DimePieceReef
I did hit a bit of a snag when I upgraded my light fixture a few weeks ago.

I originally had a Solarmax HE 2x24 w/ moonlights that just wasn't promoting growth. However, I recently upgraded to a FishNeedIt 4x24watt 30-inch fixture. The light is brilliant, however, I have had an outbreak of algae.

While I've been enjoying seeing Coraline algae start to grow, the green hair algae has not been so enjoyable.

I've been doing manual removal of the GHA and purchased a turbo snail to try and take care of it, however, to prevent a future outbreak can anyone suggest a lighting schedule? (I have 3xblue and 1x14k White.)

I would suggest investing in a phosphate reactor with some GFO. I just purchased a Via Aqua Poly Phospate Reactor that includes the pump for $40 plus shipping. Also maybe you can grab some chaeto to help absorb the nutrients of algae growth. I had terrible outbreaks of GHA in my 10gal and didnt get rid of it until I transfered to my 20L...which entailed scrubbing each rock to death before placing into my new. Good luck dude!

I would suggest investing in a phosphate reactor with some GFO. I just purchased a Via Aqua Poly Phospate Reactor that includes the pump for $40 plus shipping. Also maybe you can grab some chaeto to help absorb the nutrients of algae growth. I had terrible outbreaks of GHA in my 10gal and didnt get rid of it until I transfered to my 20L...which entailed scrubbing each rock to death before placing into my new. Good luck dude!

Phosphate Reactor doesn't sound like a bad idea. I've cut down on the light in my tank, scaled back on feeding and been manually removing the GHA. Hopefully I'll be able to get rid of it. My scape isn't glued in place so I guess i could just scrub my rocks, lol.

• 8 months later...

Sweet tank! Just wondering how the coral beauty angel is doing because many people say you should have nothing smaller than a 30G when you have an angel. But i really want one! (I also have a 20 long)

Archived