2iSys.jpg

BMsed.jpg

Equipment

• Tank / Mr Aqua 17.4g
  • Sump / AGA 10g w/ AC 110 running floss + chemipure elite + chaeto
  • Light / Tek 24x4
  • Bulbs / 2x ATI Blue +
  • Flow / Vortech Mp10

How do the canister filters usually work for you on a marine tank?

normally, most use them as chemical media holders and run carbon and GFO in them in addition to them circulating water. With lilly pipes the canister offers smaller rimless tanks an option to keep most if not all the equipment out of the tank without running a sump (with an inline heater this pretty much eliminates all the equipment minus power heads and or top off switches).

If you run a canister with mechanical filtration, like mentioned already, you have to keep it clean like any other

Mech filtration so 1)the waste is removed 2) the waste does not break down into Nh3, No2, No3, Po4, etc.

Be careful if you select to go this route that the canister is rated for saltwater. Also, find one that is easy to work on. I had an Eheim 2213, and while it was a bullet proof and tried and true canister filter, priming and cleaning were more work than other canisters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, I was just stumbled upon this and it is almost exactly what I was planning for my first tank - same tank, canister, etc. I will definitely be following this!

Tanks looking good, man.

How are you liking the Mp10?

thanks dude :P

the Mp10 is awesome, worth every penny

Wow, I was just stumbled upon this and it is almost exactly what I was planning for my first tank - same tank, canister, etc. I will definitely be following this!

The tank quality is great, the glass is much thicker than I had expected. I think you'll like it if you decide to get one. The canister is great but I'd really like to get some lily pipes, which I am having a hard time finding

Nice I really like this set up man, looking really good. How do you like that bulb combo? Is it overly blue? I'm considering this or 2 blue+, purple+ and an aquablue special. I want nice pop but was concerned that swapping out the ABS would be super blue and maybe a little windexy. Thanks!

diggin the new scape. Makes the tank look bigger, at least from the pictures. your clown looks lonely =/

Thanks! I like the new scape a lot too. Previously I had been having issues with rocks falling etc. and my clown actually got really aggressive and caused me to knock stuff over all the time so I put it in another tank. Currently this tank is fish-free but I am looking at my stocking options at the moment.

Nice I really like this set up man, looking really good. How do you like that bulb combo? Is it overly blue? I'm considering this or 2 blue+, purple+ and an aquablue special. I want nice pop but was concerned that swapping out the ABS would be super blue and maybe a little windexy. Thanks!

The bulb combo is perfect. I ran 2 Blue+, purple + and aquablue special a few months ago and it looked too white/pink. The combo I run now is perfect, it doesn't look too actinic or fake at all, very crisp and clean looking.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Giving you a bump... any updates?

Yeah, I've been meaning to post lately but I've been super busy. My tank has been struggling really bad for about a year, but I think I'm moving in the right direction. With increased feeding and making my own salt water, I've definitely seen some improvement. I just hope it stays this way

New FTS and updated stocking list coming in a few minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived