Innovative Marine Aquariums

C-stone's 28g Nano: New Pics. Apr/03/12

c-stone

Hey all. I have been lurking for awhile now and thought it was time to say hi. I started a 28g nano about 2 months ago now and just the other day put in my first fish and coral. I have been taking it very slow as I am new to marine aquariums.

Anyway here is my system and some pics.

28g Nano

Aqua Illumination Nano

Vortec MP10

Elos ATO

InTank Media Basket: Floss, Cheato, Chemipure Elite

32lbs live rock

2 Blue knuckle Hermits

5 Nassarius Snails

1 Turbo Snail

Various other snails

1 Firefish

1 Clown

1 Bangai Cardinal

1 Lawnmower Blenny

1 Yellow Acropora

1 Pink Birds Nest

1 Frogspawn

1 Open Brain

1 Galaxy

1 Pulsing Xenia

1 Chalice

2 Monti

1 Acro

3 Rics

Multiple Zoa's

Any advice etc much appreciated!

post-60169-1292876600_thumb.jpg

post-60169-1292876707_thumb.jpg

post-60169-1292876735_thumb.jpg

Looking good and Welcome...

If ya get tired of those hermits, get some Cerinth snails. Just not together as the hermits may/will kill the Cerinths.

What else ya got planned for this tank?

Looking good and Welcome...

If ya get tired of those hermits, get some Cerinth snails. Just not together as the hermits may/will kill the Cerinths.

What else ya got planned for this tank?

Yeah I was actually thinking of getting rid of some of the hermits as the seem to be kind of destructive. My LFS said he would take them in and trade for whatever cuc I wanted.

:welcome: to NR

any more pics?

Thanks!

That's all the pics I have. I will post more as the tank progresses ;)

So I added a few more items to the tank.

1 red and green open brain coral

1 small colony of orange zoo's

1 leather coral

1 bangai cardinal fish

1 cleaner shrimp

1 lawnmower blenny

An asortment of snails

Everything is going well so far. I'll post pics soon.

Also last night I saw two worms. They were in the live rock and were shooting out and back in like the where grabbing something.

They aren't bristles that's for sure. I wasn't able to get a pic because it was dark and they were shooting in and out of the rock so fast. They were small, smooth white worms with no bristles.

If anyone knows what they could be or if I should be concerned please let me know.

Regards,

Nice pics! Looks like you're off to a good start. Question: Your JBJ, which tank is it? LED?

Thanks.

It's just the PC version. I was skeptical about the JBJ LED lights and with the difference in price I figure I can upgrade to a much better lighting system myself when the time comes anyway.

So far the coral in there seemes to be happy with the lighting.

Thanks! The reason I asked is because I also purchased the CF Quad. Just trying to get some opinions on the tank before it arrives at my LFS for pickup. Glad to hear you aren't having any problems with the lighting, as that's one of my concerns. It seems like a lot of people are having good success with the stock, so that's great.

Just wanted to edit with one more quick question: What type of cam are you taking these shots with?

Thanks! The reason I asked is because I also purchased the CF Quad. Just trying to get some opinions on the tank before it arrives at my LFS for pickup. Glad to hear you aren't having any problems with the lighting, as that's one of my concerns. It seems like a lot of people are having good success with the stock, so that's great.

Yeah the CF Quad should be fine for most softies and LPS.

One thing to look into is the upgraded media basket from InTank. The one that comes with it is terrible. I also bought the JBJ nano glo fuge light for the back. I have cheato growing in there and the nano glo works great for that.

Good luck!

[quote name='Telekinesis' date='Dec 27 2010, 04:21 PM' post='3148099'

Just wanted to edit with one more quick question: What type of cam are you taking these shots with?

It's just an iPhone.

Finally got a pic of the cleaner shrimp.

He seems to be a lot less shy now.

Also took a cool pic of the frogspawn under the night LEDs I thought I'd share.

post-60169-1294193222_thumb.jpg

post-60169-1294193243_thumb.jpg

Don't worry about the quad - I've had my tank for a year and have had great growth - I only have a couple SPS though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Just another update. The tank is coming very nicely. My clownfish is now hosting the torch coral which is growing like crazy.

Also added some new things.

EcoTech Marine 'Vortech MP10w ES' (Awesome!!!)

5 Ricordea.

1 Pulsing Xenia.

Ricordea

post-60169-1295306273_thumb.jpg

post-60169-1295306305_thumb.jpg

post-60169-1295306375_thumb.jpg

post-60169-1295306421_thumb.jpg

Took a pic today with the leather fully opened.

The last few weeks it has stayed closed, but ever since I added the MP 10 it's opened huge.

I think it just needed more flow.

post-60169-1295467481_thumb.jpg

Great looking 28g NC. Glad to see another one on NanoReef. I've had my NC up and running for a year + now. I ran the Quad light for about 8 months before going to T5's. How's the vortech? Have you done any other mods to the tank?

Nice update, c-stone!

Urbaneks, can you post a picture of how you have your T5's set up on the Nano? I didn't see a picture showing it in your thread. Maybe I missed it?

Great looking 28g NC. Glad to see another one on NanoReef. I've had my NC up and running for a year + now. I ran the Quad light for about 8 months before going to T5's. How's the vortech? Have you done any other mods to the tank?

Thanks.

The Vortec is awseome. I got it as a birthday gift. I wanted one for awhile but couldn't justify flipping the bill for one. Now that I have it I can honestly say it's worth every penny.

I think I will run the PC lights for about a year and then upgrade to LED or T5. Only other mods I have done is the upgraded media basket running floss, cheato, chemipure elite.

Nice update, c-stone!

Urbaneks, can you post a picture of how you have your T5's set up on the Nano? I didn't see a picture showing it in your thread. Maybe I missed it?

I will send you a PM, I don't want to hijack CStone's thread with pics of my tank.

Archived