MP10

50w stealth heater

5 royal blues par30 bulb

3 royal blues and 2 whites par30 bulb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have 2 par30 bulbs?

Yeah, I like being able to have a dawn to dusk effect. Plus it's great being able to see all the colors pop out with the all royal blue leds.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a new stand for my tank and it works well with the two swing arm fixtures from officedepot, one already broke, but they are easy to replace at $12 bucks. :)

P1020306.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a shot with just the actinics on.

P1020346.jpg

Man that sure looks good your the envy of every sunpod owner

Thanks again for it! It's not as powerful as the boostled bulb, but they do a great job for just 3 leds. :D

Wow, this is a tank to be proud of. SO awesome. Hey did you turn that power filter into a fuge or is it just running chemicals? Also, do you have any issues with stuff floating on top of the water since there's no surface skimming going on? Just wonderin.. Also, what's the dimensions of this bad boy?

Wow, this is a tank to be proud of. SO awesome. Hey did you turn that power filter into a fuge or is it just running chemicals? Also, do you have any issues with stuff floating on top of the water since there's no surface skimming going on? Just wonderin.. Also, what's the dimensions of this bad boy?

Thanks! I'm running a 10 oz bag of chemi-pure, along with fiilter floss on top of it in the AC50 filter. I actually don't have any problems with surface scum, since the AC50 provides pretty good surface agitation and I also have a nano koralia pointed up at the surface. It's 12x12x12 cube.

Thanks! I'm running a 10 oz bag of chemi-pure, along with fiilter floss on top of it in the AC50 filter. I actually don't have any problems with surface scum, since the AC50 provides pretty good surface agitation and I also have a nano koralia pointed up at the surface. It's 12x12x12 cube.

Cool, thanks for the info dude. And you don't have any problems with nitrates of phosphates only running chemi-pure? Also.. do you have a heater in the AC50? I don't see it in the tank itself.. if it is my bad.

Cool, thanks for the info dude. And you don't have any problems with nitrates of phosphates only running chemi-pure? Also.. do you have a heater in the AC50? I don't see it in the tank itself.. if it is my bad.

Not at all, as long as I keep up with my water changes and remember to switch out the filterfloss every couple of days. The heater is hidden in the back of the tank, you'll notice the cord running up the back glass.

Not at all, as long as I keep up with my water changes and remember to switch out the filterfloss every couple of days. The heater is hidden in the back of the tank, you'll notice the cord running up the back glass.

True. Thanks dude. Much appreciated.

Something I should of bought long ago....

P1020351.jpg

I was using a coralife digital thermometer and found out it was 2.5 degrees lower than the temp probe that came with the reefkeeper. It was alarming because my tank was actually at 83 degrees and not 80.5 degrees. That was too high for my liking, so I swapped out my 50w heater for a 25w heater and my tank is now running at 77.5. The reefkeeper is definitely worth the $105 I spent on it!

Archived