Top Shelf Aquatics

Nemesis II

Sunstar

A second hand

36" x 12.75" x 12.75"

My new Salt tank with training wheels off.

Which is now going to be worked on over the next while to become the "Nemesis II".

25 gallons of tank with a proposed 10 gallon sump/refugium. Not the largest system in the world, but it will be functional.

It is already drilled, the plumbing will need to be altered to suit my purpose. I will be researching the Pump I need to fill the tank.

The Stand will need to be altered to also suit my purpose, I require some storage under it, so a bit of shifting of the legs, additional supports possibly some attractive panneling and off we go.

I do think I will have some sort of power supply in the base section, possibly with some switches involved too.

So now it is home, I can chirr to my hearts content and then later I will give it a watertest.

nemesis2.jpg

Pic of it in the hall where it will remain until I can store it for the time being.

I haven't done anything with the Nem II tank yet. But I need to ask you good folks some questions, if you can answer them. I am using one of my spare 10 gallon tanks as a sump, What size pump would I require for at least 4 feet of height to give the tank significant flow. Also the tank has two places for water to come out. the word/term escapes me at the moment I would need some more of that ball and socket tube stuff (technical terms...) that could split the current into multiple directions.

Edit: I'd like links ot some Sump Plans please.

Archived