Cultivated Reef

Roxy's 5.2G Mr. Aqua

rockhead01

I saw this tank on sale last week and just had to have one! I bought the new Coralife Mini Aqualight to go over it and am using old equipment to get er started.

So Far:

Mr. Aqua 5.2G tank

AC70 HOB

50W Hydor Heater

Coralife Mini Aqualight

6lbs of Macro Rocks

10lbs of Live Sand

Stocking Plans:

Yasha Goby & Pistol Shrimp

Very few corals, only what the light will support.

IMG_5469.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes I do, I have 4 running right now. I have never went over the 4 tanks at a time threshold though, can't seem to keep up with more than 4 :lol:

I didn't know you had 4 tanks. What are your others? I'm at 4 now too! (the mantis tank is now going to be a reef tank) Luckily with my relocation to Boston I'm taking a year off work to tootle around, so I have plenty of time for the tanks.

The tank is coming along nicely. I've never done a dry cycle before (well a half dry cycle because of the live sand.) All of my previous tanks have been set up with established sand and live rock, so I've never really seen much of a cycle. I've never actually seen a reading for ammonia in any of my tanks before. (I went through numerous test kits thinking they were bad!) So as an experiment with this tank I put two krill in a panty hose and hung them over the side. I'm curious to watch the ammonia spike. Tis my little science project. I'll let you know how it turns out.

gulfsurfer101

Nice looking tank, I was debating this one over the 12" cube tank but wasn't too happy with any curved tanks I've had in the past so I went with the cube. It's nice to see so many more of these tanks popping up and I'm shure you'll do an awsome in making it a nice home for a goby shrimp pair.

So far I like the bow. I have not noticed any distortion yet. We will see if that changes once I put critters & coral in there.

Like the new banner Mr. Microscope!

My little science experiment is coming along slowly. My ammonia is at 0.50ppm today. I'd like to see it spike to 2.0 or 4.0 before I remove the krill.

IMG_5536.jpg

Archived