Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jeff's U.P. LED BioCube 29G --> Out of Hobby Sale

msujeff

omgomgomg Getting out of Hobby Sale!!!! Everything Must Go!!!!! Link is in my sig omgomgomg

100_5107.jpg
FTS 3/27/11

Comments, Suggestions, and Concerns are Always Appreciated.

Equipment:

• Display: BioCube 29G
  • Lighting: Nanocustoms 5.6 LED Retro Kit (2b, 2w, 1 50/50)
  • Moonlights: Two Nocturnal Blue Lunar Pods
  • Controller: ReefKeeper Lite with Advanced Light Controller
  • Circulation: EcoTech VorTech MP10 ES, Maxi-Jet 1200 Return Pump
  • Protein Skimmer: Tunze 9002 with inTank Cup
  • Filtration: inTank Media Basket with Filter Floss, Purigen, and Chemi-Pure Elite
  • Heater: Eheim Jager 150w
  • Auto Top Off: JBJ ATO, Tom's Aqua Lifter Pump

Water/Testing/Dosing:

• Water: Bulk Reef Supply 5 Stage Plus RO/DI
  • Salt: Seachem Aquavitro Salinity
  • Dosing: BRS Two Part
  • Testing: Salifert (Ca, KH, Mg, and NO3)
  • Sybon Refractometer
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chang pump to a Rio5HF,

6HF, not 5HF

Can a Tunze 9002, inTank media rack and a inTank Fuge all be incorporated into the rear chambers and if not should I ditch the skimmer or the fuge?

No. Choose the fuge basket or the skimmer. You can always upgrade to the skimmer later and take the fuge basket out. If you run the 9002 you can use one shelf of the basket for chaeto.

Sponge in or out between chambers 2 and 3?

out

Well I finally made the jump and after months of thinking I went with the BioCube 29. I was going to go with a 40BR but I'm going to leave that for a future expansion.

Current Plans

Change pump to a Rio 6HF, going with the inTank fuge, fish saver and media rack with floss, chemi-pure elite, and purigen, Theo 100w heater, and a Hydor Koralia 750. A RKL, Vortech mp10es, and a Tunze 9002 is on the wish list, most likely they will be thrown into the mix. happy.gif

Thoughts and recommendations?

Tank will be the usual softies, LPS, pair of false percs, YWG, some shrimp and possibly a pom-pom crab or some other type.

A few questions for those who would like to help:

Can a Tunze 9002, inTank media rack and a inTank Fuge all be incorporated into the rear chambers and if not should I ditch the skimmer or the fuge?

Sponge in or out between chambers 2 and 3?

Anything else to mod in the tank? Bioballs are already out and so is the floor in chamber 1. Tab will be cut to increase flow.

Thanks!

Thanks Stevie!

Typo with the 5hf. Fixed it.

Replace the sponge with anything or just leave that spot empty?

Theo or Jager 100w heater?

Comparing the Tunze 9002 and the AquaticLife 115, Which one is the way to go? I've read good things on here about each. I also see that the Tunze is $150 compared to the AquaticLife at $60.

Nothing in sponge area

The Tunze 9002 is a far better skimmer but the 115 has proven to be decent. All depends on your budget

Jager heater

Just waiting till purigen is in stock at inTank and then I'll be placing a very large order :)

Your Shopping Cart

Qty Item # Description Total Price

RF_CT_RFAR Refractometer

Price Each: $48.99

TI00773 Rio 6HF HyperFlow Pump

Price Each: $26.99

MF00030 Mag Float Model 30

Price Each: $9.99

TNZCUP Standard Upgraded Cup Tunze 9002

Price Each: $26.99

BC29FS BioCube 29 Fish Saver Guard

Price Each: $16.50

3PACK VALUE PACK - POLY FILTER FLOSS

Price Each: $6.97

ELITE11OZ Chemi-Pure Elite 11.74 oz Bag

Price Each: $13.99

AP13401 Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Saltwater Master Test Kit

Price Each: $24.99

BC29MR Biocube 29 Media Basket

Price Each: $48.00

HM36136 Eheim Jager Aquarium Heater, 100 Watt

Price Each: 2 @ $27.99, Total: $55.98

Subtotal: $279.39

Still deciding if I want to go with the Hydor Koralia 750 or spring for the mp10es.... decisions decisions

Still deciding if I want to go with the Hydor Koralia 750 or spring for the mp10es.... decisions decisions

VORTECH!!!!!!!! Well worth the money, my Koralia is now used to mix water. :P

VORTECH!!!!!!!! Well worth the money, my Koralia is now used to mix water. :P

still think the 750 is too big for the BC29......

I'm leaning towards the vortech, I'm going to use the stock pump to mix salt water since I'm upgrading to a Rio.

Any suggestions on the heater, 100w or 150w? I think I will just buy one of each (i need two anyways), what ever one that is not right for the tank will be used as the salt water mixing heater.

if decide to go skimmer dont go 115 it is a PIA and I ditched it shortly after dropping the 60 bucks on it. I have never tried the tunze so dont konw. I think it will still be a PIA if you decide to use the stock hood just IMO. That pump does sound huge little tanks I have a korilla one and when I was keeping LPS the flow was hard to control I would go smaller if I were to do it again. Still havent got into the mp10s yet so no comment there but everyone raves about them however most people say not a necessity.

if decide to go skimmer dont go 115 it is a PIA and I ditched it shortly after dropping the 60 bucks on it. I have never tried the tunze so dont konw. I think it will still be a PIA if you decide to use the stock hood just IMO. That pump does sound huge little tanks I have a korilla one and when I was keeping LPS the flow was hard to control I would go smaller if I were to do it again. Still havent got into the mp10s yet so no comment there but everyone raves about them however most people say not a necessity.

I'm going to go with the Tunze with the inTank cup.

I'm also pretty sure im going with the vortech, more control on the flow and everyone does rave about them. Plans are to expand to a 40br in a few years when I move out of the apartment so the mp10 will be great for that.

Just waiting for puigen to be inStock at inTank :happy:

Picking up a vortech and RKL from BRS if the group buy is still a go, I think they're looking for one more *cough cough*

QUOTE (chrisjj625 @ Nov 20 2010, 09:48 AM)

IME the Tunze wins hands down over the aquaticlife, used both on same tank, performance not even close.

QUOTE (chrisjj625 @ Nov 20 2010, 09:48 AM)

IME the Tunze wins hands down over the aquaticlife, used both on same tank, performance not even close.

I never said either one was better. I think the Tunze should win hands down with its price.

What would be the best pump to use with the JBJ ATO?

I am replacing the stock pump with the Rio 6HF and was planning on using the stock pump to mix saltwater. What pump should I get for the ATO or should I use the stock pump for the ATO and get another pump to mix saltwater?

What would be the best pump to use with the JBJ ATO?

I am replacing the stock pump with the Rio 6HF and was planning on using the stock pump to mix saltwater. What pump should I get for the ATO or should I use the stock pump for the ATO and get another pump to mix saltwater?

MJ 1200

33 lbs Reef Cleaners Caribbean Reef Rock

Dry rock looks great and John's customer service is amazing! I order 30 lbs and 3 extra lbs somehow fell into my box.

100_4970.jpg

100_4976.jpg

100_4975.jpg

Since you won the lottery. Might as well do a nanotuners light upgrade. LED DIY or since the tank isn't up yet you can mail them the cover and they will install free of charge.

I went to a frag fest in Rockford, IL. Got talking to a guy who sells do it yourself LED kits. If your handy with your hands its a cheap way to go. You could go for the kit I have 4x36w which I have and does well. I will upgrade to the PC-R's soon and might add one commercial strip of LED's.

No lottery winnings but I've been saving up for this build.

I want to do it right the first time but the lighting is going to wait.

I went to a frag fest in Rockford, IL. Got talking to a guy who sells do it yourself LED kits. If your handy with your hands its a cheap way to go. You could go for the kit I have 4x36w which I have and does well. I will upgrade to the PC-R's soon and might add one commercial strip of LED's.

Never have been a DIYer but I've never really had the opportunity. Are the PC-R pretty good?

My plan was to wait to see how prices go with the LEDs and either go that route, T-5, or add another pc.

Archived