SaltCritters.com

aquacon.com

chkit

Man I wish i would have done research before buying from them. ordered over 400 dollars worth of stuff last week. 1 zoa frag just melted away and it was not glued down properly. another one is not opening but it does not look good. i know sometimes it takes a while for them to open but you can tell it's in bad shape by looking at it when it's closed. watermelon chalice, what a joke, no eye, it melted away by second day. tri color bali acro half of it was white the first day. rainbow acro... i know this may take some time for the color to come but it looks just plane brown no resemblence what so ever to the pic on the website. blue ricordea, it's blue but very pale something you can get for under 10 bucks but i paid 22 cause the example pick look so rich dark blue. helfrichi died the next day. i took pics and sent email and was promised that the helfrichi will be shipped free of charge on the next order. as for the corals i was told that they look ok and to wait cause they will come back. all i wanted was for them to replace 1 zoa frag and the watermelon chalice. no response. I am not going to order again even to get the replacement helfrichi and have whatever i order die again. i can order a low ticket item but shipping and box charge is 30 bucks. even if you order enough to get free shipping you still get charged box charge. i would stay away from this vendor.

only thing that i got that looks pretty good is the purple mushroom. rainbow acan, no full head on it but it looks healthy will have to wait and see once a full head comes to see if the coloration is as promised but so far no resemblence to the pic on the website. 1 zoa frag out of 3 that opened up and doing well but does not look like japanese goblin fire zoa on the website. damnit i am getting angry i'm just gonna go to bed.

Man I wish i would have done research before buying from them

I hate to say it but I can't feed all that sorry for you. Everywhere you look their are terrible reviews about them. 400 dollars and no research whatsoever?!?

It's ashame that money is helping keep aquacon in business instead of supporting one of the many reputable online vendors.

I hate to say it but I can't feed all that sorry for you. Everywhere you look their are terrible reviews about them. 400 dollars and no research whatsoever?!?

It's ashame that money is helping keep aquacon in business instead of supporting one of the many reputable online vendors.

yea, i blame myself too.but i've had good experience with online vendors recently that i just didn't think of it when i ordered. lesson learned.

Always take just a moment and do a Search on the vendor name. There are lots of others out here that might just steer you away from the bad.

Danm expensive lesson, hate to see it....Where are you located?

Always take just a moment and do a Search on the vendor name. There are lots of others out here that might just steer you away from the bad.

Danm expensive lesson, hate to see it....Where are you located?

pinellas park, FL

i'll put some pics up when i have more time.

i even went to lfs to buy a chalice frag thinking it's my tank even though the parameters are fine. and the chalice from lfs is doing great, it's been 5 days.

File with your credit card company. Online retailer is not shipping items as described or something like that. You should be able to get your money back and it will flag the site for the CC company. (I think) :D Worth a shot!!

I will call my cc company and ask. but i don't know if it'll work but worth trying.

i am making a home page so i can post all the pics. so link to pics will be up hopefully soon.

like most rape victims i blame myself. hope i can get over it.

I'm actually fairly confident your CC company will be able to do something for you..Just have to get the right ear to listen to you. If products aren't as described then it's fraud. Thanks for posting this...I always looked at stuff on their site and thought about it but there will be no more thought given to them until I read a ton of positive reviews...

IMG_0337.jpg

one of zoa frag, gone by like 6th day. -$29.99

zoabadshape.jpg

other zoa frag looking not so good

zoagone.jpg

that zoa frag gone by like 3rd day. -$29.99

these 2 zoas are whamming watermelon and african blue hornet...

IMG_0336.jpg

rainbow acan, looks healthy but no color like the website.

IMG_0335.jpg

japanese goblin zoa? not like the website

IMG_0332.jpg

purp mushroom, which looks nice but not blue ricordea, very pale blue worth only 10 bucks but paid 22 bucks because the pic looked rich/dark blue.

chalice.jpg

chalice very first day.

IMG_0331.jpg

chalice gone by third day, bought chalice at lfs which is doing great so far. my water quality or acclaimation method is not to blame. -$59.99

acro.jpg

tri-color acro, half bleached on very frist day.

dead helfrichi -$49.99

please explain rtn, i'm new to acros/sps

Yeah, definitely RTN... Rapid tissue necrosis... Basically, the coral is dying and it will continue to die very fast. To save it, break off the parts that are not white, and hope those frags survive. Beating RTN is very hard to do and unlikely once the process starts... Google it for more info.

RTN is usually caused by poor conditions or a shock to the coral... That said, it can also occur for no good reason.

Did you contact your credit card company yet to dispute the charges? I'd hope that with your thorough (and understandable) dislike of the merchandise you received that you are making this a priority.

it's been about a week and a half it still looks about the same now

here is the pic i just took

IMG_0338.jpg

Chop off what is not white and mount it to a plug of some sort. If you don't the whole thing will be dead in another week.

I don't think it's poor conditions. looks like for no good reason, and for no good reason it stopped.

=)

i will cut the right branch, upper left and bottom and glue it back on the rock.

where should i cut? right where brown and white meets or little more into the brown?

thanks

never done this before but here i go...

I don't think it's poor conditions. looks like for no good reason, and for no good reason it stopped.

=)

i will cut the right branch, upper left and bottom and glue it back on the rock.

where should i cut? right where brown and white meets or little more into the brown?

thanks

never done this before but here i go...

More into the brown...

When you mount them..Use a glue with cyanoacrylate in it. Something like IC-gel.

If you use epoxy, it heats up while it cures and will/could fry your frag.

used CorAffix by Two Little Fishes.

I will call my cc company tomorrow during lunch. after half day of working, it'll get me in the mood to complain and whine.

Archived