Top Shelf Aquatics

Sailfish`s 10G BaliCube!

Sailfish

Latest Full Tank Shots

Image000013.jpg

Image000021.jpg

Checking if the tank is leaking and if the Jebo 508 HOB filter works as it should :)

Water

NH3 = ?

NO2 = ?

NO3 = ?

pH = ?

Alk = ?

Ca = ?

Mg = ?

PO4 = ?

Hardware

- Jebo 508 HOB Filter ---> will mod to a refugium

- Evil`s PAR38 20.000K LED Lamp, 60 degree lenses ---> hopefully, arriving in the mail soon

- Vortech MP10 ---> hopefully, arriving in the mail soon

Livestock

CUC

-

Fish

-

Invertebrates

-

Corals

-

Image000013.jpg

Image000021.jpg

Checking if the tank is leaking and if the Jebo 508 HOB filter works as it should :)

Water

NH3 = ?

NO2 = ?

NO3 = ?

pH = ?

Alk = ?

Ca = ?

Mg = ?

PO4 = ?

Hardware

- Jebo 508 HOB Filter ---> will mod to a refugium

- Evil`s PAR38 20.000K LED Lamp, 60 degree lenses ---> hopefully, arriving in the mail soon

- Vortech MP10 ---> hopefully, arriving in the mail soon

Livestock

CUC

-

Fish

-

Invertebrates

-

Corals

-

Sry, for my double posting. The reason is that I plan on updating the first post with new pictures and stats as the time goes by. This reply however, will stay the way it is ;) This way, after some time, I will have many of these "current status replies" to look at and see how the tank has evolved :)

Hi!

I`m a Norwegian student in Bali. I have been reefing for about two years in Norway, so after just a month here in Bali, the longing for a marine tank became to great. I`m staying for one year, so I decided I wanted to set up a small nano while I was here :)

Just two days ago I ordered a custom made cube from the local glass shop. The measures was 35cmx35cmx35cm. One of the sides (the back) I got in tinted black glass to hide some of the wires and stuff. The price for the custom made tank was 50.000 Rp, wich is approximately $5... :o

Today I bought a Jebo 508 HOB Filter from the LFS, wich I am planning on modding to a refugium.

I am planning to keep a mixed reef with a low bioload. The tank will for the time being be skimmerless, then we will see what happenes. I will base my waste disposal on LR, cheato and most importantly water changes!

I hope you guys will have some joy in following this tank with me. I love suggestions and tips, and I will probably ask a lot of questions along the way. But hey, isn`t that is the great thing of being in a forum like this, that you can easily get and give help? :)

i like #2
I like nr 2 :D

I agree that #2 looks awesome but when I think about putting the HOB end Vortech on there, I think most of the aesthetics would disappear because of the cable mess...

To make a setup like that look good I think you should drill the tank and have no visible wires along the tank, as some pointed out in a comment on my picture in the gallery.

Today I just ordered the #1 stand, made in local Bali wood! :D

It should be finished in a week or so.

What do you guys think about me getting the coral sand from the local beach (Jimbaran Beach)?

The sand my LFS sells are probably just that, only that it is dried and everything is dead...

Am I really looking forward to putting water and rocks in my tank? No... (*yes*) :lol:

if you get sand off of the local beach, try to find some that is in the dark--- maybe a ledge or cave.

the stuff in the sun will have algae living in it and that algae may die off

on the other hand, it would cycle your tank

regardless, check local laws

the tank looks great so far!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Ok, so here is the reason the tank didn't happpen.

My roommate needed a power outlet to charge his phone. He thought: "Why not use one of the outlets for the aquarium?". So he unplugged the Vortech and didn't turn it back on. When I came back to the villa, about 10 hours later the catastrophy was a fact. Everything was dead and the live rock smelled like I don't know what!

From this point I gave up. I carried the rocks back into the sea and gave the tank to my good balinese friend when I went back to Norway.

The good thing is that I now have a Vortech MP10, a JEBO HOB filter (for refugium) and a par38 bulb and fixture!

I have now moved to Bialystok, Poland, to study medicine and I will set up a 8 gallon in my dorm. The equipment from Bali will be handy B)

Archived