vortech mp-10es

40 lbs LR

30 lbs LS

20 gal fuge/macro display

chemipure

2 bulb fishneedit fixture

Current fish

midas blenny

neon goby (banished to the fuge for clam nipping)

misbar clown

Yellow coris wrasse

current inverts

sexy shrimp

blood shrimp

coral banded shrimp

skunk cleaner shrimp

peppermint shrimp

golden coral banded shrimp

crotia clam

deresa clam

spiny oyster

alpheus armatus

astrea, nass, glowing marginella, ceriths, and nerites

Hawaiian feather duster

blue leg hermits

Current corals

candy cane

radioactive dragons eye zoas

eagles eye zoas

unidentified zoas

ric florida

daisy polyp

clove polyp

pink seriatopora

pink montipora capricornis

sunset montipora

green slimer acropora

yellow bottlebrush acropora

green cyphastrea

orange digi

purple polyp montipora

xenia

GSP

ribbon gorgonia

branching frogspawn

FTS 6/28/11

DSC_0484.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man i wish i lived next to an ocean

updates of some inverts and macros i collected this weekend while scuba diving.

what kind of shrimp is that? not the coral banded but the bluish one

8 months in, o where art thou coralline algae ???

lol dunno :(. all my params are great but it just hasnt been growing... just a tiny bit by the bottom overflow intake. Should i use purple up or summin?

lol dunno :(. all my params are great but it just hasnt been growing... just a tiny bit by the bottom overflow intake. Should i use purple up or summin?

No I think you should invest in more flow in and around the tank. I've noticed the most coralline growth in the highest flow areas (i.e your intake receives the most constant flow)

yeah that makes sense cause i just got a koralia nano last week, that should improve growth.

bring it back and get a vortech mp10, you won't look back.

I have the same problem with my tank, it's been up for @ 7 months and I have very little coralline algae, water params are great and I have a mp10, I guess I need more patience.

Love the clam !

pedersons anenome shrimp, theyre awesome. I can get some for whoever wants i saw a ton of em and supposedly theyre like 20 bucks each

can you send me like 3? :)

i love these shrimp however my clowns do NOT when it tries to go into my nem

No I think you should invest in more flow in and around the tank. I've noticed the most coralline growth in the highest flow areas (i.e your intake receives the most constant flow)

+1

its amazing how much different the back wall will look with time. If you havent already i also recommend changing your main pump to a RIO 6HF. that will help your flow quite a bit; nice looking tank btw.

very clean

I have the same problem with my tank, it's been up for @ 7 months and I have very little coralline algae, water params are great and I have a mp10, I guess I need more patience.

Love the clam !

I've got the same problem. perfect params, but no coraline. I have one rock I bought that has coraline. thats it. my tank has been up since june

yet, I am VERY impatient.

I've had it setup for about 8 months give or take

Who you diving with down there? I was just there in March. I also have a friend who is an Instructor in Largo. I teach Scuba up here in NC.

qbical- yeah keep in touch next time im in largo ill try to get you some.

Reeferbuddy- I have chemipure and cheato in the back chamber, now that i think about it it prolly is soaking up the nutrients. And thanks for the compliment :D

I dive in the keys with a recreational fishing licence which allows me to collect 25 inverts a day and a gallon bag of macros. Usually I just take my 23' whaler out for day dives, but I also go diving with an instructor and collector named Richard Rydell from time to time

• 3 months later...

ok, its time for a long-overdue update. I just finished rescaping my tank so I thought it only appropriate that I take a FTS and pictures of its current inhabitants

12/18/10 FTS

post-55106-1292720973_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it's time for an update. I went to a new fish store last Wednesday, and they had some awesome stuff, so I grabbed a very healthy looking midas blenny for 20 bucks, and an ocellaris misbar for 12 bucks, he's missing a middle stripe on one side and I thought he looked pretty cool.

Everything, except for my previous fish, has recovered from the mini-crash caused by the flatworm die-off.

I made a custom top that's midas proof out of window framing and bird blocker.

I'll try to get pics up asap

temp is actually fine, it never gets above 80, but I do have a 20 gal macro display plumbed into the back, and I assume that being open top helps dispel some heat

so for some reason, nanoreef isn't letting me upload pictures, it says i have 20 mb loaded before I have even loaded a pic, so I took a vid and put it on youtube. It's iphone quality, but better than nothing.

enjoy!

Archived