ReefCleaners.org

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

RETIRED Sept 2015

And if you don't feel like reading through 153 pages of nonsense, check out my TOTM article here:

Tank started September 2010
Current FTS, 8-22-15:
IMG_806922.jpg
---
Quick note - actual pics of anything start on page 7

Equipment
Odyssea 65w 50/50 PC Fixture
Koralia Nano Powerhead
A heater I forgot the name of (taken out for summer)

AquaClear 20 Filter

Livestock
Fish
Solomon Island Percula Clownfish (Amphiprion percula)
Pearl Cardinal (Apogon sealei)
Copper Stripe Cardinal (Apogon margaritophorus)
CUC/Inverts
Scarlet Leg Hermits (Paguristes cadenati)
"Tongan" Nassarius Snails (Nassarius distortus)

Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
Peach Tube Anemone (Cerianthus sp.)
Gorgs
Orange Tree - Orange Polyp (Swiftia exserta)
OrangeTree - Red Polyp (Swiftia exserta)
Purple Brush (Muriceopsis flavida)
Purple Branch
Yellow Finger (Diodogorgia nodulifera)
Red Finger (Diodogorgia nodulifera)
Corky Finger
Thin Orange Tree - I don't even know a common name for this one
Macros
MARIA GAVE ME MACROS :wub:
Thank you Maria for those macros you gave me in 2010 when I was just starting up this tank, I'll always remember the excitement of opening your package! It really gave me the extra enthusiasm and passion that fuels this tank, Thank You Always!

Caulerpa Prolifera
Titan Algae (Titanophora sp.)
Chaeto (Chaetomorpha sp.)
Red Grape "Caulerpa" (Botryocladia occidentalis)
HH Rhodymenia holmesii
"Bob Ross Algae" (Cladophoropsis sp.)?
Gracilaria hayi
Money Plant (Halimeda discoidea or H. opuntia)
Red Feather (Porteria sp.)
Sargassum sp.
Bryothamnion sp.
Hypnea pannosa (knock off blue Ochtodes)

Shaving Brush (Penicillus sp.)
Pink Galaxy (Galaxaura sp.)
Codium (Codium fragile?)
Flame Algae/Dragon's Tongue (Halymenia sp.)
Unk bulbous red macro (some kind of bubble algae I have yet to ID)
+ a variety of red and green macros I haven't IDed yet

• Like 10

Algae

Blue och

Flame

Fuzzy tip

Himeliada

nemastom

Garcialiara

Red grape

Ulva

Seagrass

Inverts

Sexy's

Basket star

Linkia (would eat every thing but still)

Ric's

Clams

Rosk shrimp

Porcalin crabs

Bumble bee's

Neriti snails

Fish

Flaming prawn

Green banded

Helfrick

Yashi hasi

Jaw fish

Cards

Not always.

Do you want shrimp goby sugestions?

:closedeyes:

Hmmm sure! would a Orange Stripe Prawn Goby fit in this tank?

Although idk if my family would be annoyed by the shrimp..lol

Aw, here's mine.

haha I think I've seen your goby 100 times :P It's cute

Mantis shrimp!!!!!!!

And your lucky! I start school Wednesday

No mantis..I think the glass is too thin :/

Haha :P but I have to go to a new school

Algae

Blue och

Flame

Fuzzy tip ? Is it just called fuzzy tip algae?

Himeliada

nemastom

Garcialiara

Red grape

Ulva

Seagrass I won't have the intense lighting for most, I'll only be getting Oar Grass as far as seagrasses go

Inverts

Sexy's

Basket star Aren't these very very hard to keep?

Linkia (would eat every thing but still)

Ric's

Clams I don't have the intense lighting for giant clams, unless I want to get some "cleaner clams"

Rosk shrimp

Porcalin crabs

Bumble bee's I plan on getting some of these, maybe 5 or 10?

Neriti snails

Fish

Flaming prawn

Green banded

Helfrick

Yashi hasi

Jaw fish

Cards

Noo money :(

you NEED this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...amp;pcatid=1702

but heres the cheaper alternative, not as colorful tho.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...amp;pcatid=2281

Haha I NEED that? :P

Gurrrrrllllll! How on earth do you have time for all of your tanks? You amaze me! The tailspot is a doll. Think about him..... Can't wait to see this tank's progress!

Gurrrrrllllll! How on earth do you have time for all of your tanks? You amaze me! The tailspot is a doll. Think about him..... Can't wait to see this tank's progress!

Hahaha I have no life :P

I know!! I've been looking at this awesome feather duster and cool orange sponge at my LFS..I want to get them now lol but I have to wait :(

yes you do, the tank just wouldnt be right without a mantis

But what about other inverts I want to keep? :( I don't want them to be food

From Robert Fenner and Anthony Calfo's Reef Invertebrates:

Neomeris annulata, Caterpillar Weed, Fuzzy Tip Alga, Spindleweed

Aquarists most often discover this innocuous, calcereous green alga as an incidental organism imported with live rock. It is more likely to be found on rocky substrates than are other "plant-like" calcerous algae. They are not inclined to spread prolifically in the aquarium but can be maintained with stable water quality. Although unique and attractive to most aquarists, this alga is not actively cultivated and serves little purpose beyond ornamentation. They are quite adaptable to a wide range of light including modest levels. Neomeris can be found toward 100 feet at depth, in low light or shade, and often away from the reef.

Seagrass

I won't have the intense lighting for most, I'll only be getting Oar Grass as far as seagrasses go

jer or seabass may have a better answer, but id say try it. take into acount that im the wrong guy to talk to about. but try it.

Basket star

Aren't these very very hard to keep?

its just a question of research. there are some on here who have them. one of the most important things about these forums is theres all ways some one that does it first & then another & another. read there threads, read the scientific papers. learn then act.

after all mandarins where imposable for how long.

Clams

I don't have the intense lighting for giant clams, unless I want to get some "cleaner clams"

again wrong one to talk to on this kept mine under a 40 watt pc for 2 1/2-3 years.

just have to learn the limitations then met them. in this case par value of 250ish maybe 300. so close to the light if its weaker than ideal. (4-6 inches) see I'm the wrong one to talk to one this stuff.

From Robert Fenner and Anthony Calfo's Reef Invertebrates:

Neomeris annulata, Caterpillar Weed, Fuzzy Tip Alga, Spindleweed

Aquarists most often discover this innocuous, calcereous green alga as an incidental organism imported with live rock. It is more likely to be found on rocky substrates than are other "plant-like" calcerous algae. They are not inclined to spread prolifically in the aquarium but can be maintained with stable water quality. Although unique and attractive to most aquarists, this alga is not actively cultivated and serves little purpose beyond ornamentation. They are quite adaptable to a wide range of light including modest levels. Neomeris can be found toward 100 feet at depth, in low light or shade, and often away from the reef.

Seagrass

I won't have the intense lighting for most, I'll only be getting Oar Grass as far as seagrasses go

jer or seabass may have a better answer, but id say try it. take into acount that im the wrong guy to talk to about. but try it.

Basket star

Aren't these very very hard to keep?

its just a question of research. there are some on here who have them. one of the most important things about these forums is theres all ways some one that does it first & then another & another. read there threads, read the scientific papers. learn then act.

after all mandarins where imposable for how long.

Clams

I don't have the intense lighting for giant clams, unless I want to get some "cleaner clams"

again wrong one to talk to on this kept mine under a 40 watt pc for 2 1/2-3 years.

just have to learn the limitations then met them. in this case par value of 250ish maybe 300. so close to the light if its weaker than ideal. (4-6 inches) see I'm the wrong one to talk to one this stuff.

Thanks, I'll check it out :)

Doesn't hurt to try of course!

Hmm, I just did some quick research, it seems they grow too big for my little 10g :(

My LFS keeps their clams under MH, I've read that they don't do well when suddenly converted to PCs :/

I'll ask around though

like i said im the wrong one to talk to about some of this stuff.

as to the baskets bongo shrimp would be a good place to start.

the clams on the other hand are all about par & yes sudden changes are bad. but do the research before you say it imposable. when i was doing the the pc's i had to swap out bulbs every 5-6 months. the mantles had to be close to the surface. but they grew quickly because of this & the fact i kept the water dirty smaller clams feed off nitrogen & phyto to a greater degree than larger ones do.

main point tis to always find the needs then see if your willing to meet them before giving up hope.

Edited by bitts
like i said im the wrong one to talk to about some of this stuff.

as to the baskets bongo shrimp would be a good place to start.

the clams on the other hand are all about par & yes sudden changes are bad. but do the research before you say it imposable. when i was doing the the pc's i had to swap out bulbs every 5-6 months. the mantles had to be close to the surface. but they grew quickly because of this & the fact i kept the water dirty smaller clams feed off nitrogen & phyto to a greater degree than larger ones do.

main point tis to always find the needs then see if your willing to meet them before giving up hope.

Yeah, I need to read through his thread again lol

Thanks for all the info, I plan to research more about different clams & par and stuff some more :)

Wonder if this is a coincidence, but I just de-rimmed my 15 gallon soon to be macro and strange invert tank today! Sounds like you need a sail-fin. Maybe 3? :lol:

better yet, get a shark!!!!!!

omgomgomg yess

Wonder if this is a coincidence, but I just de-rimmed my 15 gallon soon to be macro and strange invert tank today! Sounds like you need a sail-fin. Maybe 3? :lol:

Hahaha awesome! :D

Totally B)