Top Shelf Aquatics

Carloslekak's 28g HQI NC

Carloslekak

Hey guys and gals. Last night I had to do an emergency transfer from my 24g Resun to my 28g NC that was currently cycling. It was definitely scary and I unfortunately was not able to take pics of the transfer as it had to be done fast. My resun developed a leak on one of the top lips and it could not hold water over the Min line.

My 28g NC was currently cycling and it was pretty much set up the way I wanted it to be:

Intank media basket running floss/chemipure elite/purigen/ cheato with the Intank underwater light.

It's running the stock pumps which are doing a great job and a Ecotech MP10 for flow.

It had 14lbs of live fully cured rock, and the water was mostly re-used from water changes of my other two tanks.

Transfer wise I emptied almost all of the water in the 28g, took a huge rubbermade tub and placed all the water, corals, fish, inverts and live rock from the Resun, set it up in front of the 28g filled it with the resun's water halfway up, scaped the LR and corals superfragililsticallyespialidociously fast Filled the rest of the tank with water and placed the fish and inverts. Now I would NOT suggest anyone do this it is a huge risk for your livestock but sadly I was forced to. Nonetheless I've been testing parameters every 6 hours since the transfer and so far no spikes and it appears to be soft cycling without any negative effects to my Livestock. None of the fish have erratic breathing or signs of discomfort or disease. Although it's only been one day and I'm still knocking on wood and crossing my fingers!

150watt MH and 4 lunar led's

JBJ ATO

Chiller: Mini-Arctica kept at 77deg

Tunze 9002 on the way

Fish: Striped Green Mandarin(eats frozen), YWG, Purple Firefish, Six Line Wrasse and a Spotted Cardinal

Inverts: CUC(hermits/turbo/nass), Fire Shrimp, Harlequin Shrimp, Red Coco worm and bunches upon bunches of the tiny brittle stars.

Corals: Orange Ricordea, Bullseye Mushrooms, Red Mushrooms, Marbled Mushrooms, Blastomusa Wellsi, Acan Lord, Branching Lobo, Candy Cane, A bunch of different zoas and palys, Green/Blue Favites, GSP, Green Duncans, Starburst Polyps and Heteroxenia. And soon enough lots and lots of SPS....

Here are a couple of before and after pics... let me know what you think!

Resun

_DSC0070.jpg

_DSC0002-3.jpg

JBJ NC

_DSC0051.jpg

_DSC0016.jpg

_DSC0055.jpg

_DSC0025.jpg

_DSC0031.jpg

_DSC0038.jpg

Archived