Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Alex's Overkill Custom Cube

alex1237

So I've been around for awhile (~6 months) and figured it's time to share my project and not just read everyone else's thread.

I started with a 20h and a 20h sump in December '09. I quickly caught the bug and what follows has been my summer project.

IMG_0489CR2.jpg

Equipment

24"x24"x21" rimless cube, opti-white glass, made by Reef Savvy out of Miami

6x24 ATI Sunpower

2x12" Reef Brite LED Strips (454 nm)

2x Koralia evolution 750

1x Koralia evolution nano (~400gph)

2x mp10w es

Reef Octopus dnwb110

old 20h sump

old 20h display as frag tank

lowes irrigation sump as refugium (~25 gallons)

ehiem 1262 return pump

diy stand

obscene ammount of pvc

Livestock

2 x Occelaris

2 x Bangaii Cardinals

1 x Yellow Watchman Goby

1 x Chromis

I realize this isn't so nano anymore, but this site has been my go to place for info and slacking off so it seems the right place to showcase my addiction.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry gang I'm working on it. I just moved and set up the new tank. Problem is Cox hasn't hooked up my high speed yet and I'm tethered to my phone, so connection speeds leave something to be desired. I'll get something up before sleeping tonight, I promise.

Sorry gang I'm working on it. I just moved and set up the new tank. Problem is Cox hasn't hooked up my high speed yet and I'm tethered to my phone, so connection speeds leave something to be desired. I'll get something up before sleeping tonight, I promise.

That stinks! At least you got a new toy :)

Yay :D Are you using equipment from your old tank? Like the PHs?

I don't know that they have a store, I bought the tank at the Coral Farmer's Market in Orlando back in May. They didn't want to cart their display tanks home so I got a pretty good deal on it.

Another picture until I can find my decent camera.

IMAG0664.jpg

My name is Alex too :D I'm sure you have a reason for this, but doesn't the heater go in the sump? :P Keep us posted. More pictures!!!

The heater's in the sump now the tank isn't totally put together yet. That picture was from right after moving the corals from my old tank.

• 1 month later...
Where is the new FTS. I know this tank looks really good right now. I should know I helped stock it.

But my camera is all the way in the other room. It'll happen ......... eventually.

Curly Joe Reefer

A little sneak peak of the Forty Beater

IMAG0047.jpg

tank looks awsome by the way. those st. valentines day's looked photoshoped by the way. j/k. they are like high beams

Archived