Yellow Coris Wrasse

Yasha Hashe Goby

Equipment

Custom glass overflow with 'whatever' style drain

1/2'' return Marineland Maxijet 1800 Utility Pump

Custom Sump 28'' x 10'' x 15''

MP10

SWC 120 Extreme Cone Skimmer

2x Linked TLF Phosban Reactor (Rowaphos and Carbon)

150w Stealth Heater + 50w Heater

ATO.com dual

6x ATI Sunpower Module (Bulbs: 3 ATI BluePlus, 2 Fiji Purple, and 1 GE 6500k Daylight)

2x AI Sol Super Blue

Upgrade

FTS 1.27.2011

DSC_1353.jpg

FTS 2.12.2011

FTS21211.jpg

FTS 3.6.2011

DSC_1482NEF.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, and should be nice when you are done. I've just started a similar project, so I'm eager to see what you do with yours.

hey nice set up, i ran something similar. as far as safety goes the 1/4 glass used is enough to hold it together. there are plenty of members on nr without eurobracing, but it doesnt hurt to be sure ;)

Actually no, it's not safe at all. I'm going to have to Eurobrace it.

On a tank that does not come with a centre brace, the rim does nothing but protect your fingers from the sharp edges of a rough factory cut. The weak point is the flex in the glass, not the joints - and if there was no brace to begin with; it's because the wouldn't be enough flex to cause a problem - 1/4" is very stron gand the 20L is a shallow tank.

On that note - It never hurts to be on the safe side

On a tank that does not come with a centre brace, the rim does nothing but protect your fingers from the sharp edges of a rough factory cut. The weak point is the flex in the glass, not the joints - and if there was no brace to begin with; it's because the wouldn't be enough flex to cause a problem - 1/4" is very stron gand the 20L is a shallow tank.

On that note - It never hurts to be on the safe side

+1

Thanks. I definitely need to be on the safe side if I don't want to get thrown out of my house. 20 Gallons is just way too much water, and it's just too detrimental if anything were to happen.

Little update - eurobraced. Also got my MP10 in.

Debating on whether or not to paint the back black or not. Will probably paint black. This weekend I'll probably work on my plumbing, and my sump will be here eventually.

photo-1.jpg

Sump

Slim-Line20Sump202620ASM20G120Skimmer20002.jpg

Crackerballer

Looking good. I have the 2LF reactor too, works well for the price. Sump design looks good as well. You need some higher res pics!

• 2 weeks later...

Ball valves are what you're looking for ;) They will also help with controlling gph(if you want to). If you put them on return and overflow pipes you could remove entire sump if needed.

Nice job man! Did you make the sump? Really diggin this project. I see that fat strat too! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Happy New Year. Tank stocking is very slow as I had a period of handling a minor aptasia problem, and a nuissance flatworm problem. Weathered the storm and letting the tank mature until I can finally start adding some SPS.

Added some caps from a fellow reefer to test. So far so good. Some growth pics as well.

DSC_1320.jpg

DSC_1315.jpg

DSC_1313.jpg

DSC_1316.jpg

DSC_1319.jpg

DSC_1321.jpg

DSC_1330.jpg

DSC_1324.jpg

Too lazy to do a side by side comparison but it's pretty self explanatory if you go back and forth between this page :).

Enjoy

Edit: Also removed the useless eurobrace from 3 sides on an occassion I was doing a waterchange.

Wow nice build. I was proud of my sump then I seen this one. Holy sitzka NICE! Love the Yasha Goby I setteled for a Hi Fin instead $$$. Do you have a Pistol Shrimp buddy for him? If not you should get one, it is an awesome relationship to watch.

Archived