IMG_1364-1.jpg

11/4/10

IMG_1503.jpg

12/2/10

IMG_1707.jpg

1/1/11

IMG_2044.jpg

Here's the run down:

The tank is 37.4 gallons in the display with a sump capable of holding another 44.8.

Equipment:

The tank and sump are rimless and here are the dimensions.

display: 48"x18"x10"

sump: 36"x18"x16"

Circulation:

Vortech MP10

korallia 2

MAG 9.5 return pump

Lighting:

Giessemann 2x54 watt T5 2x250 watt MH fixture

Heater:

300 watt hydor Theo heater

Tank has a built in overflow and lockline return from the overflow. It is fully plumbed for expandability and use of reactors, skimmers, etc.. The tank is a very cleanly plumbed and well thought out system. Looking forward to making some magic happen here.

Livestock list

Fish:

male and female lyertail anthias

snowflake blenny

six line wrasse

Inverts:

hermit crabs

Green and Purple maxi mini anemone

Coral

SPS:

Old school slimer

LSU montipora

Orange Monster Montipora

Bably Blue Polyp Montipora

Pokerstar Montipora

Tyree flower petal montipora

Nectar of the Gods montipora digitata

ORA green spongodes

Pink/green Millipora

ORA Rose Millipora

Blue Millipora

Green Acropora

Hulk tort

Blue Tenuis

Richmond Tricolor

Tricolor

Atlantis turquoise acropora

Purple Digitata montipora

GARF Bonsai

Brown/Purple/Green Stag

ORA plum crazy

ORA verde

ORA purple nana

ORA marshall island yellow fuzzy acro

ORA green damicoris

purple pocillipora

Copps purple prostrata

ORA purple plasma

ORA blue voodoo

ORA joe the coral

ORA red planet

Zoas:

Mean greens

Red PPE

Eagle eyes

Blue zoas

Armor of gods

Devils armor

Nightmares

Grey green zoas

Green lantern palys

Rose nebulas

Palythoa grandis 

Mohawks

LPS:

Maroon and mint green acan echinat

several Acan Lords

green goniastrea

Acan rotundaflora

xmas favia

green and purple favia

tyree baby's breath favia

green and gold favia

gold tip torch coral

orange and purple acan echinata

red chalice

ATL red watermelon chalice

Softies:

Green shrooms

Red shrooms

Green star polyps

green and red shrooms

That's all I can remember

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. The tank height will be tough to deal with but I think I can manage. I want to make this tank very clean . I think that with the length and width it should help. Probably no sand in the future for this tank unless it's a large grade.

The dog will oversee all productions.

Where am I missing it? I should have one here and on the FTS contest thread right. It should be in both places. Let me know if I'm missing it somewhere.

Picked up some conduit today. Gonna try to get the light hung and water in by end of the day.

blizzardscout2

This tank is going to be sweet. Quick question, are you a big fan of Legend Brewery or do you work there?

Big fan of the brewery. We go there a lot.

Tank now has t5s working and suspended. Water is in the tank and just a few minor tweaks to go before moving the 20 over to this tank. I may at some point move to halides with this tank since I prefer them but we'll see. I'll post some pics in a bit.

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

Camera ran out of batteries so couldn't take many shots.

Thinking of just running two mp10s in this tank along with the return flow. It would keep it nice and clean looking.

Thinking about moving the contents of my 20 over tonight. Everything is cycled rock except for one large piece of dry rock bit I don't think it will effect anything. I may move some sand to the fuge.

Thinking about moving the contents of my 20 over tonight. Everything is cycled rock except for one large piece of dry rock bit I don't think it will effect anything. I may move some sand to the fuge.

If I move everything then I can throw my RKL and mp10 on the tank.

Any thoughts?

hmm, because its a large rock, I would dip it in a solution of some ro/di and muriatic acid. I think thats what theyve been recommending on rc. tank looks great.

I may just give it time to cylce. I have two pieces of live rock in there with it now. The large rock was about 14 lbs dry. Another 30 lbs of live rock that cycled long ago would move as well.

All corals and fish transferred to the new tank. No aquascaping done yet. The tank is a mess and there is much left to be desired. Some rock will be banished to the sump. I was amazed at some of the growth I had on my SPS in the last couple of months.

MP10 transferred over as well. I'll work on getting the RKL and osmolator set up on the tank tomorrow. I may look at some halides sooner than later since I'm not crazy about the T5s. I want to try and add some sand to the tank. Still fear the sandstorms though.

Got more work to do and aquascaping to do first. There was a lot in my 20. Pics soon though.

With the 102 degree weather outside and the tank being in the garage it sits at 81. My 20 was reaching 83 almost daily with the halides and heat.

Archived