Top Shelf Aquatics

Another Neo Nano.

Timanator

Got a Neo Nano locally and decided to change everything I have to it. Here it is so far day 7. Still waiting to pick up a Spotted Mandarin Goby.

Livestock:

Blue Tang

Yellow Tang

Occeleris Clown

Yellow Tail Damsel

Dominoe Damsel

Green Coris Wrasse

Yellow Watchmen Goby

Fairy Wrasse

Cleaner Shrimp

Bulls Eye Shrimp

Just one picture for now.

7-2-2010040.jpg

another one! ive got one as well and i love it. dont you think its a tad bit small for the tangs though?

I've had a tang in my 30 for about a year and it's loving it. Forgot to post a pic of my new buddy Chip.

722010019.jpg

i predict this to end well.

34g cube, right?

I'm going to have to agree and call this post of DH's to be somewhat prophetic. And here I am seriously debating putting two small clowns in an 8 gallon :lol: Hope it works out for you though, I really do.

Chocolate Chip? Aren't they bad for corals?

Yeah... not reef safe.

Not a good stocking list IMO - but whatever, you seem like you know it all anyhow.

r3dph03n1x
Got a Neo Nano locally and decided to change everything I have to it. Here it is so far day 7. Still waiting to pick up a Spotted Mandarin Goby.

Wait, "day 7"? As in, the tank has only been running for seven days?

Day 14, Testing day today everything looks good Mag a bit low at 1200. The guys are all doing well including the bad shaped fairy wrasse a adopted. The Cleaner shrimp didnt make it, I think the pistol had him over for dinner. :(

Light change today, from Current Sundial T5 to Maxpect 60w LED. The blueness of the led is captured nicely here.

Sundial T5:

7-2-2010001.jpg

Maxpect LED

7-9-2010001.jpg

I think your ocellaris needs a mate...

j/k.

Good luck I really hope you know what you're doing...

i really hope you dont mean its day 14 since you started this tank? or hopefully you brought everything over from another tank that has been established for a whileeeeeeeeeeee

Some of the items are from my old 30 gallon. I just decided to do this one different after my past few disasters(Ike and DSB mishap).

One thing I want to make sure people can get out of this is that LED do have some shimmer, but no where as nice as mh with a 14k can produce.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are going better than expected.

The Donut recovering. And no I dont target feed!

7-20-2010006.jpg

The Encrusting monti lfs gave me to see how it does in my tank and you can see orange polyps coming back at the bottom instead being all brown.

7-20-2010002.jpg

And a top down jfthoi.

7-20-2010020.jpg

I just decided to do this one different after my past few disasters(Ike and DSB mishap).

Well I'm glad you're doing everything right this time around.

Things are off the chain good other than the stupid onslaught of the blue snow flakes.

A few pics.

A hunch that turned out nice:

7-26-2010021.jpg

My other star:

7-26-2010001.jpg

And potential!

7-26-2010028.jpg

A blue ring octopus would look awesome in your tank.

I had one but we ate it one night when we got home drunk and there was no food around...

I had one but we ate it one night when we got home drunk and there was no food around...

Good call, I woulda done the same in your shoes.

How do you like the way this tank itself is put together?

Archived