Coral Vue Hydros

6 Gallon Nano

cameraman_2

cameraman_2

I finally restarted my 6 gallon nano tank since we moved from Little Rock to Dallas. I have some live rock and some small hermit crabs in there right now getting the tank all cycled so I can start adding corals. I'm also still playing with my live rock to find the look I like the best and then will probably fix all the peaces in place.

FTS 2012-01-01

20120101_01.jpg

System:

• 6 gallon Tetra tank
  • 1 small pumps for movement
  • AquaClear 20 Filter
  • Par38 20k LED Lighting
  • Fluval 205 Canister filter
  • Jbj Nano Glo LED Refugium Light

List Updated on 10-17-2011

Coral:

• Orange Monti
  • Red Mushroom
  • Black and Orange Ric
  • Orange and Green Zoas
  • Yellow and Green Zoas
  • Octo Frogspawn
  • Frogspawn
  • Duncan
  • Green Encrusting Monti
  • Meteor Shower Cyphastrea
  • Green Monti
  • Tabling Acro
  • Sunrise Fungi

Fish:

• The same Blue Yellow Tailed Damsel

Inverts:

• Bunch of different types of snails
  • Small Hermit Crabs
  • Peppermint Shrimp
  • Arrow Crab
  • Green Bubble Tip Anemone
  • Crocea Clam

20100612.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice scape... I would move that branch out of the front though, maybe stash it behind the rockwork. The main cave looks great though. Good job!

cameraman_2

cool, I'll move it around and see. Just to the right of the branch are 2 peaces that fell over. The one on the far right against the glass was sitting just up on that lower rock to add another little ledge. Then there is a flat peace between the branch and the peace on the right that was sandwiched between the very top peace and the peace below to add a little over hang out to the right.

cameraman_2

Well I rearranged it again today and added a damsel to get the cycle going faster.

20100616.jpg

apparently I totally goofed up the image link...now fixed

cheryl jordan

I like the second scape better, is the rock on top stablized some how?

Damsels are not a great choice for cycling a tank, the natural way is better for you and the fish. Curious where did you get the idea of a damsel to help a tank cycle ?

Good luck,

:)

cameraman_2

Yeah I read that after I got him. The lfs said to put him in there. I almost didn't get him cause last time I cycled it without one, plus my daughter has been dieing to have a fish for now so she is happy. The top rock fits in just right. I even bumped the pile a few times and it didn't even budge but if this is the one I like I will fix it all together so it doesn't move at all.

cameraman_2

Ok my daughter and I redesigned the rock work one last time....I think. Her idea was the branch and the other 2 peaces laying on the sand.

20100616a.jpg

cameraman_2

Here is the latest update on my tank. When I get back in on Sunday I plan on getting some corals in the tank. I have moved most of my rocks over to the far right so that I can put in a little forest of Gorgonians on the right some day soonish. I will also get some more rubble to build my LR pile up higher and around on the ground so that it will be easier to frag and arrange and re-arrange the frags.

20100621.jpg

cameraman_2

Here is a picture of my 2 Acans eating that I bought today. I also bought a small zoa frag which is still pissed about the move.

acans.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
cameraman_2

I picked up a Green Eyed Candy Cane 2 days ago and he was very happy to eat the other night.

20100707_02.jpg

Candy Cane

20100707_01.jpg

Acan eating

20100707_03.jpg

Acan

20100707_04.jpg

Zoa

cameraman_2

Finally the other day the candy canes opend up to eat when I dropped food in the tank to feed everything else.

cameraman_2

Well Today I just bought an Orange Gorgonian, some Ultra Green Frogspawn and an open brain that needs some tlc. I will post pics later with all the new updates.

Archived