Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Boer's 5 Gallon Pico

fly_boer

Please keep in mind that I live in Indonesia, so the local livestock here is way cheaper then the equipments.

Oh and please excuse my bad English...

The Tank was first established on the second week of April 2010 (can't remember the exact date).

Equipment List:

-Acrylic Aquarium 16" x 8" x 10"

-Cheap power head with 3 low output LEDs (Red Green Blue)

-Atman 0400 HOB

Filtration:

-LR 7 lbs

-LS 1.5"

-Carbon & RowaPhos in HOB

Lighting:

-3 x Blue 8W T5NO

-2 x Light Blue 8W T5NO

-1 x Daylight 8W T5NO

FTS Week 3

Aqua111.jpg

One of the Clowns died because of a mini cycle after adding 4 lbs LR, the other one was moved to another tank.

FTS Week 7

Aqua124.jpg

Aqua125.jpg

KebunPolip.jpg

Added a couple corals every each week... Some of the zoa/palys was freebies from a friend, after adding them i realized that i had filled the front scape of my tank.

FTS Week 8 (June 10, 2010)

Aqua126.jpg

Added GSP and a pair of Clown Gobies... But decided to remove the Clown Gobies and replaced them with a Tangaroa Goby and a Blood Red Fire Shrimp. I know they don't pair, but none of the LFS i visited sells any Pistol Shrimp.

The Livestock as of today (June 14, 2010)

Fish:

-1 Tangaroa Goby

Invertebrates

-1 Blood Red Fire Shrimp

-3 Turban Snail

Corals:

-1 Torch Coral

-1 Brain Coral

-1 GSP

-1 Not So Green Star Polyp

-2 Ricordia Yuma (Orange and Metalic Green)

-A few Mushrooms (Purple and Green)

-A dozen different kind of zoa/palys that needs ID

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. tank looks awesome. i love to see what different international tanks look like. where do you get alot of your corals?

Well.. It's not so :bling:, cost somewhere around $10 for all of the zoas if converted into US$.

Tank looks great Boer. Send me some frags :naughtydance:

Sal

- sal9012

You'll have to cover the shipping expense though... It'll be quite pricey, not to mention the corals might not survive the travel to US.

You know what, pick it up yourself and i'll give the frags for free :D

- badfish816

You should... We have lots of place for tourist to visit here, also lots of nice diving location.

- rolltide21

Thanks man. I'll have to check your thread when its up.

- sal9012

You'll have to cover the shipping expense though... It'll be quite pricey, not to mention the corals might not survive the travel to US.

You know what, pick it up yourself and i'll give the frags for free :D

I just can't get over, all that for $10 :tears:

Your scape is pretty good also, I'll follow this one.

cheers!

Thanks...

Heres some old pictures that i haven't posted...

Polip17.jpg

:bowdown: to the Yuma on the left

Those top downs are great!

It's actually a common coral to have here. I'm jealous of your ricordea florida, it's rare to find those kind in Indonesia, and if there were any it'll cost like 20 times the Yuma.

lol, its all reversed in NA. yumas will cost way more than rics here.

nice tank. stocked that sucker up real fast o_o. and I thought mine was stocked too fast haha

nice shots. ya it depends on the yuma here. if it is a solid color like green or purple than they aren't that expensive. reds and pinks tend to be more. and if they are just insane rainbows than that is what is gonna cost the most.

lol, its all reversed in NA. yumas will cost way more than rics here.

nice tank. stocked that sucker up real fast o_o. and I thought mine was stocked too fast haha

Yeah, I know. It's a pretty noob move isn't it, and partly because they don't sell frags in my LFS. They sell the corals attached to big pieces of liverock. Most of the time i keep my eyes for pieces of small corals buried in the sand or sometimes i'd have to split the rock into small pieces, just so it could fit into my Pico.

Sadly it's because most of the corals they sell here is harvested straight from the ocean not aquacultured.

nice shots. ya it depends on the yuma here. if it is a solid color like green or purple than they aren't that expensive. reds and pinks tend to be more. and if they are just insane rainbows than that is what is gonna cost the most.

I'm actually looking for a purple or blue yumas right now, it's really hard to find. I've only seen the red and green type. I don't think we even have any pink or rainbow local rics, those rics would have to be imported, and again it'll cost way way more expensive.

The local ones pretty cheap... All the corals in my tank cost somewhere around $20.

Zoa/paly $1 per kind

The colors isn't as intense as the ones you guys have though, most of my zoas is still a bit brownish, hope they'll dispose the brown algae and change color.

Mine:

Polip07.jpg

Sushi's:

May2010-OrangeCenterZoas.jpg

Hope you don't mind me using your pic Sushi...

Orange Yuma $2

Green Yuma $1

Favia $2 (Bought from friend)

Torch Coral $1

GSP $2

Green/Purple Mushroom $0.5

Archived