Pod Your Reef

~Jawfish Houses~

kevantheman35

kevantheman35

I am selling jawfish houses. These have become pretty popular, and with lots of people having a hard time finding the materials i decided to make a batch to sell. original thread these houses allow people with shallow sand beds to own a Jawfish, just cover the pipe in sand leaving the shell exposed. I can make them with either an individual barnacle (as shown) or with a small cluster, just let me know.

price is $20.00 shipped (would be less but i'm having to pay out the butt for the barnacles)

P.M me with orders and questions. pay pal is preferred.

Size:7''x4.5''

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PICTURES

P5130199.jpg

P5130202.jpg

p5130205-1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 year later...
bigceez01
I am selling jawfish houses. These have become pretty popular, and with lots of people having a hard time finding the materials i decided to make a batch to sell. original thread these houses allow people with shallow sand beds to own a Jawfish, just cover the pipe in sand leaving the shell exposed. I can make them with either an individual barnacle (as shown) or with a small cluster, just let me know.

price is $20.00 shipped (would be less but i'm having to pay out the butt for the barnacles)

P.M me with orders and questions. pay pal is preferred.

Size:7''x4.5''

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PICTURES

P5130199.jpg

P5130202.jpg

p5130205-1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love the Idea!! I made mines a few months back.. He kept coming out and trying to find a new home, but as soon as I upgraded my fan and kept my water temps down he seemed to be a lot calmer and now stays in his home 98% of the time!!

kevantheman35

I'm still here and sold a few this last week. Just need to find a new barnacle supplier. Anyone have a pic of one of my houses in their tank?

bigceez01
I'm still here and sold a few this last week. Just need to find a new barnacle supplier. Anyone have a pic of one of my houses in their tank?

20120418_171658.jpg

Chrisl1976

Reefcleaners.org sells them. $5 each. This is the one I got from them.

DSCF4995.jpg

DSCF4993.jpg

kevantheman35

I guess thats about as cheap as it can get. I was trying to sell these for $20 shipped but after $5 barnacle $5 pvc parts+ epoxy and around 5-6$ shipping theres not a lot of met on the bone lol. I think I am going to buy a large shipment of barnacles this week.

I guess thats about as cheap as it can get. I was trying to sell these for $20 shipped but after $5 barnacle $5 pvc parts+ epoxy and around 5-6$ shipping theres not a lot of met on the bone lol. I think I am going to buy a large shipment of barnacles this week.

Check out a Marshall's or home goods near you. The one by me sell huge barnacle clusters about as wide as a basketball for like 6 bucks. I bought one from reefcleaners like a month before I saw them though :/

kevantheman35
Check out a Marshall's or home goods near you. The one by me sell huge barnacle clusters about as wide as a basketball for like 6 bucks. I bought one from reefcleaners like a month before I saw them though :/

I will have try try that I have several marshalls in my area thanks.

kevantheman35
Didnt you say you were a marine biologist?

I'm pretty sure barnacles would be easy to get for you if you were.

I live nowhere near an ocean. At the moment I am teaching in Indiana. Thanks for your input

I live nowhere near an ocean. At the moment I am teaching in Indiana. Thanks for your input

Where in Indiana? :o

Archived