Top Shelf Aquatics

My 20H Moneypit! The SPS Are a Growin'!

hooligan_78

hooligan_78

The tank has been running for about 3 years. It's undergone some overhauls a couple of times.

I'm basically running a 720gph pump through 3/4" SCWD into the returns you see in some

of the pics. I tried to keep as much electric equipment out of the display. I only run

the Koralia Nano a couple of times per week to stir up the detritus in the back.

Equipment:

HOB Overflow modified CPR CS100

Aquatic Life mini skimmer in sump

720 GPH return pump Quiet One 4000

3/4" SCWD

Koralia Nano

Livestock:

Onyx/ocellaris pair Now in my breeder tank

Clown Goby x 3

Scooter blenny Spotted Mandarin

Sixline Wrasse Carpet surfed...

Striped Chromis(damsel)

Porcelain crab

emerald crab

ruby crab

Pistol Shrimp:

FTS June 11, 2011

5837485580_c1b9c4b32e_b.jpg

It's a mixed reef with zoas, lps, and just recently some sps frags. I took several years before deciding to try my hand at the sps game. Enjoy!

Upgrade plans: Replace the existing sump, and change out the current HOB overflow. I will also have the overflow split since my new sump will have the fuge on the right hand side and return in the center.

Trying to get shot of my monti cap, clown in the way:

DSC00856.jpg?t=1271823753

My mystery LPS:

DSC00857.jpg?t=1271817949

Scooter blenny and some zoas:

DSC00858.jpg?t=1271823840

Zoas, rics and frogspawn:

DSC00863.jpg?t=1271823936

Montipora digitata (sixline buzzing through, take pic of fish they hide; corals all too happy to block the shot):

DSC00850.jpg?t=1271907000

Last, but not least the obligatory...

FTS:

DSC00849.jpg?t=1271823601

Everything looks awesome man! I love 20 Highs :) (not because I'm biased or anything haha) But I love the pics and cant wait to see some more. What lights are you running? Looks great though and nice sig, I definitely wouldn't mind a new 9-3 or 9-5 in my garage :D

hooligan_78
Everything looks awesome man! I love 20 Highs :) (not because I'm biased or anything haha) But I love the pics and cant wait to see some more. What lights are you running? Looks great though and nice sig, I definitely wouldn't mind a new 9-3 or 9-5 in my garage :D

Thanks! I think the new 9-5s are going to cost a pretty penny!

*edit* I'm running a 4x24 T5. Stock lights in it but going to upgrade to some UVLs or ATIs, something better, want a bit more blue to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice, glad to see theres another occie/perc pair out there. I have an onyx and b/w occie pair. Also have them in my 20H :) tank looks great.

• 3 weeks later...
hooligan_78

Update!

Just replaced 2 bulbs with an ATI Blue+ and a GE 6500k bulb.

Also added an Oregon(?) Tort and Sunset monti. Pics later today!

Also should have ATI Aquablue Special and actinic today or tomorrow!

hooligan_78

So I lied about the pics, but I did get my other 2 bulbs in, so now my bulbs back to front are:

ATI Actinic 03

GE 6500K

ATI Blue+

ATI Aquablue Special

Gives me an overall 20k appearance. I also started dosing 2 part on Sunday, hoping to see some results in the next couple of weeks. I'm glad I finally upgraded the stock bulbs though. I swear I'll have the pics tomorrow evening!

hooligan_78
What are you dosing and why? You aren't heavily stocked?

2 Little Fishies C balance. I have quite a few sps frags, but I'm not dosing daily, about every 2 days and the minimun dose.

And here's pics of my new frags, not so good pics, mind you!

The tort:

DSC00868.jpg

The sunset monti:

DSC00872.jpg

Dayum that is some nice purple coralline B) Nice tank hooligan!!

now that you are dosing 2 part and got new bulbs you will see a sudden spurt in growth from the SPS fo' sho' omgomgomg

hooligan_78
Dayum that is some nice purple coralline B) Nice tank hooligan!!

now that you are dosing 2 part and got new bulbs you will see a sudden spurt in growth from the SPS fo' sho' omgomgomg

Thanks! Apparently it's the only thing that grows in there!

• 1 year later...
hooligan_78

So, many changes in a little over a year. Got rid of some rock, moved my clowns into a breeding set up.

Lost my sixline to the carpet just a few months ago. Not sure why it jumped, I had it for quite awhle. Added an ATO by JBJ, kalkwaser in the top off resevoir, and 2 part about every couple of days.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics, as we are moving, digital camera cord is in a box somewhere...

5836798691_52d7057172_b.jpg

5836797751_5cd1356ac1_b.jpg

5837345400_5d97bd2cfc_b.jpg

5837342880_090dacb4bb_b.jpg

5837341494_d1d05965c4_b.jpg

hooligan_78
Your tank has matured very nicely.

Thanks man! It's no 60 cube though. :P

I'm tearing it all down next Saturday as we're moving into our new house. I will take the time to drill the tank, the CPR has been a great overflow, but I'm sick of the gurgling sounds it makes randomly. I also think I'll make a new sump for it.

• 2 months later...

Archived