inTank Media Baskets

11g Rimless Mantis Haven

Bamato

This brings the tank count to three, two of which are now species only tanks...

Equipment:

Mr. Aqua 11g rimless rectangle (black back wall)

Modded AC70 HOB

25W Stealth Heater

Current SLR 2x18w T5HO fixture

Koralia Nano

Current Livestock:

10lbs of Totoka LR

15lbs of Fiji Pink sand

The tank will eventually house a Gonodactylus Smithii.

The rock work is obviously not finalized, its getting late, and I'm tired.

Now for the pics!!

11g001.jpg

11g002.jpg

11g003.jpg

11g004.jpg

Christmas!

11g005.jpg

Sorry the pics are so blue. Didn't feel up to adjusting the WB

11g006.jpg

11g007.jpg

11g008.jpg

11g009.jpg

View from my bed :)

11g010.jpg

Thats it for now! I just set it up, and like I said, it's late...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stellar!

Very few things are as cool as....

tumblr_ks6z0s55t51qa48geo1_500.jpg

....and it is awesome that you are making a home specifically for this guy's cousin!!

This is a Smithii, right......g_smithii1sm.jpg The first shot is of a Peacock Mantis (Odontodactylus scyllarus). But the Smithii looks real similiar.....but longer front abdomen and shorter smashers.

I'm very excited myself! I would have done a scyllarus, but I wanted something small for my night-stand. The smithii's only get about 3~4". That way it's not a huge bio-load for the tank, and I don't have to worry as much about a glass cracker.

I still have to get my hands on a Smithii though. I know Bluezoo has some right now, but they aren't WYSIWYG, and I don't want to end up with a stomatapod with one raptorial appendage.

I just placed my order for my Smithii this morning! I've scheduled him/her to arrive 4/27 :) So exciting!!

I got my LR all situated, I'll post pics this weekend :)

Bluezoo aquatics :) I had a credit there from a DOA antennata :(. So it was free shipping :)

Pics of the final tank setup in a few...

PICS!!

Updates007.jpg

Updates008.jpg

This is the rubble I hope he settles in.

Updates010.jpg

Left mound, there are some pseudocorynactis on this rock, two tiny ones.

Updates011.jpg

Updates012.jpg

Updates013.jpg

Updates015.jpg

Close up of Psuedo's

Updates002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news today. BlueZoo called me, the mantis I ordered didn't look good enough to ship, so I canceled the order. :( Now it's a mantis tank sans-mantis.... :(

And now I have to find a Smithii somewhere :(

i hope you get a crazy mantis to put in there soon! they are really cool critters and i love watching them feed. hopefully this tank will come out looking really nice!

good luck

awesome scape/tank, awesome wine rack lol.

Ikea, $9. My wife loves that place... I think it's in the seventh circle of hell... but hey, she likes their stuff, and I kind of do too. (except when she's got me building furniture all the time)

Ikea, $9. My wife loves that place... I think it's in the seventh circle of hell... but hey, she likes their stuff, and I kind of do too. (except when she's got me building furniture all the time)

I agree with you. I've shopped there twice after hearing all the hype. I thought it was hell. I will never go back there.

Love the aquascaping aswell. B)

For a second had to scroll back up to double check that pic with the wine racks. For a brief moment thought those were DIY vokda dosing... :P

cool tank!

im currently cycling a 10 gallon mantis tank... ill keep poppin in your thread once in a while :P

Archived